Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 3-star Champed Thor is LVL 252, and is *supposed* to do 5416 points of damage to the primary Call to Storm target.  I had to use him in the Behemoth Burrito event in the Deadpool Daily.  The two-star on the enemy team is Captain Marvel, who has 5415 health.  I start the match, and do lots of damage to Kamala Khan. I get 14 green, and switch targets so an undamaged Capt Marvel is out in front.  I Call to Storm, and it only does 5414 damage to her, leaving her at 1 health.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Opened thirteen heroics and got: zero 4*, one 3* and twelve 2*...the odds are not in my favour :(
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was saving green for PunMAX until I took out one target so he could down the other two in one hit. 
    I had enough blue AP to trigger that ability, but my fat finger hit green instead. So now the front target is down, but the other two are still standing.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Peggy just hit 5/5/0 :(
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did well enough to place 2nd for the past 6 days of PVE, with less than a hundred points off 1st. Ended up timing the grind of the last sub poorly and finished the sub with only 1 clear of the Cloak and Dagger essential, landing me in 4th. I still have 2 Carol covers, but the way I threw away the last sub made it feel like the first 6 days were a waste of my time
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The last time they ran the wins-based PVP test, I really had a lot of fun trading hits with players using teams well below their roster's strongest (a lot of 5* players and higher champed 4* players running 2*'s and 3*'s).  This time around, I cleared the seed teams with 1*'s again and...nothing has happened.  I got hit by a champed, boosted 4* player, but otherwise it's been completely quiet.  Apparently a Lv85 Spider-Man and a Lv50 Storm can float indefinitely in the current PVP format.   I can only target other champed, boosted 4* teams and none of the more silly teams are anywhere to be seen. 

After looking forward to the PVP test, this has just been disappointing that it's just another PVP event rather than being a slight relaxation from the usual grind...  ...on the plus side, if this is my "worst moment", I guess it means life is pretty good.

• RedMage13
    RedMage13 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My worst moment was this morning fighting the BFF pvp event against a lvl 320-ish Gwenpool.  I have a lvl 367 Jessica Drew with seeking redemption active, enemy team fires team-up power Spider-Gwen's Cherry Bomb and....I discover there is a glitch that allows team-up powers to go through Seeking redemption.  

No worries, I only took 3449 dmg and I have around 30k health, so I should be good.  Right?  Wrong, couple turns later Gwenpool fires Checkhovs gun that does 9k-ish per hit and all 3 hit Jessica while seeking redemption was JUST charged enough to fire next turn as well as her almighty Red power.  This means if the glitch was not there, I'd have hung on to win the fight handily, but instead I get rekt because of it.  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tried holding out for a bracket flip for Slice 4 in SCL 8, but couldn't put it off any longer without risking being late for work. Joined at 988th place. :angry: I had been holding out for SCL 7, as I just didn't want to mess with high-level symbiotes, but that bracket was filling even slower than SCL 8. I knew I was taking a big risk, and it didn't pay off. At that point, I just should have gone 7.Oh well. 

But, my one -green-cover 5tar-Lord meant I could play his node, and the event token got me one of the "other" 4* covers in the vault, a black Pun Max. 

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life. 
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Every time I go to level up a 4* character, and I see Sandman's smug face.

"Look at me" he says to me "You had a huge amount of iso-8 saved up, and what did you do with it? Level me from 70 to 250, because I was a required character. But I'm terrible, and you're never going to use me again. Meanwhile, it sure would be nice to have some extra iso-8 to level up these other three 4* characters you have on the vine right now, wouldn't it? Ha! Sucker!"

He is going to haunt me forever for that decision.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Having my game completely reset to new player mode. Spending 24 hours to get it fixed. Not having CS explain to me what happen. And they close my tickets without any explanation. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fanghoul said:
    Every time I go to level up a 4* character, and I see Sandman's smug face.

"Look at me" he says to me "You had a huge amount of iso-8 saved up, and what did you do with it? Level me from 70 to 250, because I was a required character. But I'm terrible, and you're never going to use me again. Meanwhile, it sure would be nice to have some extra iso-8 to level up these other three 4* characters you have on the vine right now, wouldn't it? Ha! Sucker!"

He is going to haunt me forever for that decision.
    The alternative is to leave him at 70 and draw his covers at a rate that is 300% (estimated) higher than the other characters with 3x odds. Both suck. Sandman would likely be my highest rated 4* right now at 290+ but I don't want him in that spot. Oh well, I'm always going to need ISO.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    The alternative is to leave him at 70 and draw his covers at a rate that is 300% (estimated) higher than the other characters with 3x odds. Both suck. Sandman would likely be my highest rated 4* right now at 290+ but I don't want him in that spot. Oh well, I'm always going to need ISO.
    See, I kinda have the worst of both worlds right now because I only took him to 250. So I invested all that, and I'm still tossing his covers. I'd have to spend another 90,000 or so iso-8 just to champ him, and I can't see that becoming a priority when I have better characters to work on that need more than 500,000 to champ.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    *kicks can* I was waiting for the end of the work week to open up last season's heroic 10-pack. I just opened it and... ten two-stars. Not even one lousy 3-star or bonus hero in the deal. Bah. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bought Best Friends 10x pack twice. 19 2* and one (1) 3*. That must be maximum RNG suckage. And then Venom bomb; buggy Join forces node, stale boards where you're slowly nibbled to death by those stupid symbiotes no matter who you throw at them. *Shudder*
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    10 pack from Power Season got me 8 2* and 2 3* plus one BH - very sad. I guess it's better than 10 2*.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Daily resupply was a black cover for my 5(8)/1/2 Punisher.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a 0/0/5 Mockingbird, her icon flashed on an LT yesterday.. guess what colour.

I have a 5/0/3 (or is it 4) Miles, his icon flashed.. guess what colour.

I haven't sold them yet - still in denial, especially about Bobbi - but it's just a matter of time.
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Getting beat in the SCL9 5* battle like I was using 1* heros out of 5 attempts I failed 5 times and only downed goon once I used Spider-Man 255  venom level 371  and I tried iceman 373  twice and hulk buster 372 3 times. How to combat a goon dropping over 10000 a pop and **** boards that u can't match nothing 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jsh2014 said:
    Getting beat in the SCL9 5* battle like I was using 1* heros out of 5 attempts I failed 5 times and only downed goon once I used Spider-Man 255  venom level 371  and I tried iceman 373  twice and hulk buster 372 3 times. How to combat a goon dropping over 10000 a pop and tinykitty boards that u can't match nothing 
    Do you have champ Miles Morales? They can't hit invisible!! I ran Phoenix and Miles to no wipes
  • TPF Alexis
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The new loading screen. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to get new X-Men, and to not have to look at Doc Ock or Sandman while it's loading, but that yellow is headache-inducingly bright.