Double Shot 2/9/14

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• doneskis wrote:
    doneskis wrote:
    P.S. Omg IM40 sucks so bad even boosted. Mine is a 4/3/5 lvl 65. My 1st 3* I ever levelled up from noob days. Soooo worthless. Maybe with 5 blue I could see him MAYBE having a TINY bit of use but he's sooooo bad.

he still sucks with 5 blue

Probably going to respec mine from 5/5/3 to 5/4/4. I think I've used his blue twice since I got him and I've had him since he debuted as a prize in whatever pve event.

yeah i think i'm going with 5/4/4 to with him....currently 5/4/3

srs... he is the best ap generator you had in your team... but why lv5 in yellow? practically black and purple ap is very seldom used... and it require higher ap cost in order to use it and the risk of getting denied is more riskier since you probably focus matching yellow and hoping it generate ap but get denied instead... plus blue skill require about 20 ap and it also consume 2 of your ap in every colour which is same as his red ap... but i prefer max his red skill in order to take out priority target since it deal 3 k damage with just 13 ap... plus he is very tanky when is boosted..
  • jozier wrote:
    Ugh Nemek that bracket. The top 14 were shielded except 8 and 3. I was 15th for the last 20 minutes, losing a fight and winning a fight every 2-3 minutes. Hopefully I hung on to at least 15.

I was watching you jump 30, drop 40, jump 40, drop 20...with about 1 min left you had just been dropped to 16th by a whole 2 points. Did u make 15th? I was like watching someone getting torn apart by wolves bit still trying to battle forward. I decided it wasn't worth going after the red given I am sure dd will still be spit out constantly for a while...except with red in the 45 range instead of tops. 4/3/3...we will see how I do in this next tournement. Busy this weekend..so the question is, do I bother using shields?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Ugh Nemek that bracket. The top 14 were shielded except 8 and 3. I was 15th for the last 20 minutes, losing a fight and winning a fight every 2-3 minutes. Hopefully I hung on to at least 15.

I was wondering where you were. Kind of figured you were just celebrating valentines day, instead.
  • I only made top 75 on both of those, but it's hard to be competitive when your IM40 is level 43 and the average IM40 I see is level 100.
  • Top 45 at 300-odd for quickly snatching the token when I remembered this thing was ending soon?! Either PvE that doesn't suck is a powerful distraction for everyone else, too, or nobody wants poor old Daredevil. Not that I'm complaining, it makes up for skipping the HP progression award for the first time in...ever since I started doing them, probably.
  • jozier wrote:

I was watching you jump 30, drop 40, jump 40, drop 20...with about 1 min left you had just been dropped to 16th by a whole 2 points. Did u make 15th? I was like watching someone getting torn apart by wolves bit still trying to battle forward. I decided it wasn't worth going after the red given I am sure dd will still be spit out constantly for a while...except with red in the 45 range instead of tops. 4/3/3...we will see how I do in this next tournement. Busy this weekend..so the question is, do I bother using shields?

Same thing happened in my bracket as I saw a couple of guys try for a late push only to be dragged to hell by hounds and wolves. One guy that was in 1st or 2nd for the longest period got too greedy and ended up 9th at which point he gave up trying. The last 1 hour is so risky when you can't see who's on the 2nd page and I managed my shields to the end (slipped up once when i forgot it expired). My team of choice was IM40 lvl 60, Ares lvl 55, and OBW lvl 51.

Many people are saying how poor IM40 is especially his blue skill, but I had great usage of it many times during my many matches and it was very effective even though it costs 20 AP (-2 to all) but I'm only at 4/3/2. Matching 8 yellow is quick and gives me enough juice to run OBW to heal and Ares to attack whilst I moped up other colours along the way. Don't think I can go through another of these late night finishes though as I'm now like a zombie, but at least I got 3 more DD covers (now at 2/2/2).

icon_e_smile.gif
  • JusticeB wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Same thing happened in my bracket as I saw a couple of guys try for a late push only to be dragged to hell by hounds and wolves. One guy that was in 1st or 2nd for the longest period got too greedy and ended up 9th at which point he gave up trying. The last 1 hour is so risky when you can't see who's on the 2nd page and I managed my shields to the end (slipped up once when i forgot it expired). My team of choice was IM40 lvl 60, Ares lvl 55, and OBW lvl 51.

Many people are saying how poor IM40 is especially his blue skill, but I had great usage of it many times during my many matches and it was very effective even though it costs 20 AP (-2 to all) but I'm only at 4/3/2. Matching 8 yellow is quick and gives me enough juice to run OBW to heal and Ares to attack whilst I moped up other colours along the way. Don't think I can go through another of these late night finishes though as I'm now like a zombie, but at least I got 3 more DD covers (now at 2/2/2).

icon_e_smile.gif

You sound like you are in the stage where you still think IM40 is good because you haven't gotten to experience many other 3*'s.
  • jozier wrote:

Looks like I managed to finish 15th. Happy with that. DD is now 3/3/3 with an extra purple in the cache. Wish I had gotten that 4th red. Still not sure whether to go 5/3/5 or 4/4/5 with DD. Clearly red is the only one that needs 5 in it.
    Nemek wrote:
    jozier wrote:

I was wondering where you were. Kind of figured you were just celebrating valentines day, instead.

Nah was busy with work all week which is why I had to make a huge push. I started at about 8 pm and went from 380 to my finishing spot of about 600 or so for 15th. My valentine gets into town tomorrow evening which means I can't play much of the villain tourney.

Really glad this PVE doesn't require grinding because I don't have time for that this week.
  • jozier wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Looks like I managed to finish 15th. Happy with that. DD is now 3/3/3 with an extra purple in the cache. Wish I had gotten that 4th red. Still not sure whether to go 5/3/5 or 4/4/5 with DD. Clearly red is the only one that needs 5 in it.
    Nemek wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Nah was busy with work all week which is why I had to make a huge push. I started at about 8 pm and went from 380 to my finishing spot of about 600 or so for 15th. My valentine gets into town tomorrow evening which means I can't play much of the villain tourney.

Really glad this PVE doesn't require grinding because I don't have time for that this week.

I am going to use the time honored tradition of "whatever comes first." For the purple vs blue debate. Probably just do 4/4/5 though I doubt I will be using his blue given the number of characters that use blue in my roster (if they ever implement a ISO lottery and I won that is..lol..otherwise dd stays at about lvl 40-50 for eternity probably).

Good to hear you got top 15. Though I feel bad for whomever got bummed. Someone was tied with me @#13 except he got the short end of the numbering. Hope he wasn't the one that got bumped lol. Don't think so.
    .but that would suck for him.

I.probably.played about 4-8 matches before.bed last.night and then played during.the last hour and a half. Got to 600 and then spent an hour slowly.dropping while winning to around 520, then getting a few matches in a row with no attacks enough to reach 600....and then the attacks would come again until I was at about 520. Vicious cycle so I just shielded the next time I broke 600 and called it quits. That's what I get for sleeping I guess lol.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    Joining late really does sound like the way to go to win brackets with low scores!
    I get bored though and always join pretty early and farm for some ISO.

I started my bracket at 8:20, and finished in the Top 25 with just over 400 points. Not too shabby.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got my second first place finish in this event was pretty pumped but guessing wasn't much interest as DD seems to have fallen pretty flat with the community. Although in the last few minutes i saw, morphy fly up my leader board and pass me at first and shield where i had been sitting comfortably for hours. Cranked out two quick wins in last five minutes i guess it was enough.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got my second first place finish in this event was pretty pumped but guessing wasn't much interest as DD seems to have fallen pretty flat with the community. Although in the last few minutes i saw, morphy fly up my leader board and pass me at first and shield where i had been sitting comfortably for hours. Cranked out two quick wins in last five minutes i guess it was enough.

Nice! Yeah, Daredevil just seems too situational: he's only good on defense due to his ambush, but why use him on defense when you can use the Hulk and get an extra 4k hp along with it?
  • Got my second first place finish in this event was pretty pumped but guessing wasn't much interest as DD seems to have fallen pretty flat with the community. Although in the last few minutes i saw, morphy fly up my leader board and pass me at first and shield where i had been sitting comfortably for hours. Cranked out two quick wins in last five minutes i guess it was enough.

Nice! Yeah, Daredevil just seems too situational: he's only good on defense due to his ambush, but why use him on defense when you can use the Hulk and get an extra 4k hp along with it?

For me, a good defense needs two damage dealers and one "other." Hulk as a tank...spidey as a healer/def nuisance/obw as a stealer/hood as a stealer ap generator slow grind...etc. DD I would consider in the "other category" as he doesn't do damage instantly and he clearly is mostly nuisance based. The issue is that he requires ap for ALL of his traps. Look at everyone else o named. Obw has espionage. Spidey has his purple passive. Hulk has anger and hp. Hood has passive ap drain. To me, what dd lacks that hurts him from fitting his role right is ...A PASSIVE.

His traps sorta become weak passive once set, but the modifier "once set" undies the whole point of a passive, which is that you have to worry about it TURN ONE. All those other characters either dictate being attacked first or being attacked last (hulk)...dd I would prefer to attack first If they don't have anyone else but he needs to be the second person they attack to work right on def. What does that mean? Well...it means that DD will probably have done NOTHING by the time you ko him. All those other characters at least stole a little ap for put up a protect tile somewhere. DD has a good chance of having done NOTHING.

Offensively, he just doesn't work as a support character since he needs ap to do anything. Obw' purple is her bonus, not her go to. The whole time you use obw you are aiming for ap for your other two characters. Not the case with DD. Spidey you can aim for blue but you can also just build purple for someone else and get some def tiles up. Hulk doesn't require using.the ap.he grabs for anger to work.

In short, DD problem is that he needs a passive to be dangerous. You know how much better he would be imo if he passively made weaker traps as opposed to ap heavy ones? Ex:

Purple

Passive- when DD (or team?) matches purple create a trap tile on a random enviornments tile if there are less than 3 trap tiles. When dd matches, steal 1 purple and replace the tile on a new enviornments tile. When enemy matches, steal 1 of each color.

Lvl 2. Steal 2 of all on opponent match.
    Lvl 3. Steal 3 purple and 2 of all on opponent match.
    Lvl 4. Steal 3 of all on opponent match.
    Lvl 5. Create a trap tile when there are fewer than 5 on the board.

The same could be done with the blue, but I don't know if that is necessary. Just the purple becoming passive like that makes DD EXPONENTIALLY more scary. Now he can screw me over by turn 2.

Blue

Passive - when Dd (or team?) matches blue create a trap tile on a random blue tile if there are less than 1 on the board. When dd matches this tile, you gain 1 blue ap and replace on the board. If opponent matches, stun the target for 1 turn.

Lvl 2. Create a tile if there are less than 2 on the board.
    Lvl 3. Stun target for 2 turns.
    Lvl 4. Create a tile if there are less than 3 on the board.
    Lvl 5. Stun the target for 3 turns.

What these do is they make it so Dd can still be effective while not actually having to use up the ap he earns. Therefore, he is SUPPORTING the team and not siphoning off ap as he currently does. The red would certainly stay as its his signature in a way. That heavy red is SCARY if he gets two or three out on the field and effectively shuts down a lot of options. If you now also have to worry about blue and enviornments tiles he takes on a whole new dimension of fright and utility. As I said, it also means now even on turn two he might get you to eat a blue or to eat a purple. Yea, play test that to tweak the numbers but overall I think it would work much better than his ap heavy "why bother dropping the trap?" Build.
  • Got a top 5 finish, happy with that I only wanted the daredevil blue so the red and purple were a bonus.
  • beemand2g wrote:
    Got a top 5 finish, happy with that I only wanted the daredevil blue so the red and purple were a bonus.

Congrats Beee icon_e_smile.gif I did not think that I will keep the 1st place. it was a nice wake up hehe
  • Congrats to you also Svatlas, first was always yours the moment you hit past that 800 mark, the guys in the top ten were stuck in point up/point down limbo. Time to increase my lead in the simulator a couple more thousand.