*** Iron Man (Model 40) ***

Options

Comments

• elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm using him with lady thor and Jean grey and it is nasty. And mine is only 553. Once I get him 535 it will be nuts
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The combo I'm trying out now: IM40, Quicksilver, MNMags, all at 3/5/5. Two AoE abilities that are fuelled by MMN's purple, a cheap wallbreaker in QS' green, board control in QS' black, and your choice of Red finishing move

You actually use Hulk's Smash?? icon_eek.gif
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The combo I'm trying out now: IM40, Quicksilver, MNMags, all at 3/5/5. Two AoE abilities that are fuelled by MMN's purple, a cheap wallbreaker in QS' green, board control in QS' black, and your choice of Red finishing move

His team doesn't mention Hulk? icon_e_confused.gif
  • With his new updates, is yellow back to max now? Also, what's the order for his abilities, Red/Yellow/Blue? Is 553 the way to go now?

Thanks in advance!
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dw316 wrote:
    With his new updates, is yellow back to max now? Also, what's the order for his abilities, Red/Yellow/Blue? Is 553 the way to go now?

Thanks in advance!

His color order us red, blue, yellow.

As you said correctly yellow definitely should be max. So it's either 535 (max red) or 355 (max blue).
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i usually keep him at 3/5/5 because I pair him with icon_captainamerica.png for his red then finish with icon_ironman.png's blueflag.png once I get them at the 3k hp mark using Cap's redflag.png
  • Cousin Simpson
    Options
    Crowl wrote:

His team doesn't mention Hulk? icon_e_confused.gif

Hahah where did my brain go that day? icon_redface.gif
  • I think this poll needs to be reset now that his powers have been modified. I can't imagine these are the results from post-adjustment.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dulosi wrote:
    I think this poll needs to be reset now that his powers have been modified. I can't imagine these are the results from post-adjustment.

So my fear is do I max him and champ him now (currently lvl 110). I know he is now really effective with his yellow and still fair in the 3* meta as he still isn't the best 3* character overall. However, I am afraid he will be seen as breaking 4* plus meta with all of the combos mentioned above as he can really load up AP fast for several of those devastating abilities and he has enough health to make him viable enough to last enough rounds to fire his yellow ability a few times. The devs will eventually see this and nerf his yellow back to something less exciting at which point I will probably wish I didn't max and champ him....what to do, what to do?
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    after playing him with my 180 thoress, she has definitely moved up my list to get iso. put them with any of the purple/green users and you have a great team. I think she works better than 4cyke when she has enough ap, and im40 stuffs her full.

to me im40 joins witch and hood as best supports in the game. loki is a step behind them imo.
    I think IM40 may be the best 3* in the game now, support or not.

I would say IF is still better due to his awesome damage potential and amazing black battery but yeah that yellow power puts IM40 easily in top 5 or top 3 right now in 3* meta.
  • CaptainFrugal
    Options
    Iron Man Model 40, Luke Cage, Iron Fist= Fun
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iron Man Model 40, Luke Cage, Iron Fist= Fun

Sure, IF and LC are fun with Magneto too; I don't see what Iron Man adds to this much; Recharge only really boosts his own Red and Blue here. (1 purple per recharge tile I guess?)
  • I can't decide which ability is better, haha. What do you guys prefer using his for, the red or blue? At one point, the high damage red helps against the high hp bigs, while the blue can hit the whole team.
  • neubrator
    neubrator Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Stopped leveling HB to max IM40, hoping to get him from 40 to max before a couple extra powers of his I stockpiled time out. Jumped him from 40 to 128 today
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Try these combos if you got them:

IM40 + Groot + Blade: 2 yellow matches, battery up, lay down Groot's blue and then use Groot's Green on the turn the strike tiles come out. Finish up with IM40's own red.

IM40 + Groot + Vision: With the current PVE/PVP where Vision is boosted. Use 2 Red/Yellow AP boosts and you almost have enough Red for two Heavy strikes in a row after batterying up! Again, I put out Groot's blue first, then try to match another set of blues for Vision's Heavy Density tile. Whomever survives eats a Blammo from Groot!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been playing the two X-forces with IM40 in PvE this week, it's just nuts. All nodes are pretty trivial with that combo.
    In the Vision PvP I used Jean Grey and IM40, also a very nice combo. One Recharge lets you use Heavy Strike at least once, and likely Full of Surprises too. Most opponents were pretty trivial when you could just hammer the whole team repeatedly.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dw316 wrote:
    I can't decide which ability is better, haha. What do you guys prefer using his for, the red or blue? At one point, the high damage red helps against the high hp bigs, while the blue can hit the whole team.
    I've used both over the weekend in pve. champ him and you can switch at will. both are ok, but expensive ran him with xpool and xfw and maxed out his blue. truthfully I max out his blue most of the time because I'm generally running a strong red (4thor, cyke, torch, etc.), but there was a time I played the red - can't remember the team makeup.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Options
    ChuckFan wrote:
    IM40 + Groot + Blade: 2 yellow matches, battery up, lay down Groot's blue and then use Groot's Green on the turn the strike tiles come out. Finish up with IM40's own red.

Is Blade there for his good looks? Or do you cast his purple when R&G's strikes come out?
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    >Is Blade there for his good looks? Or do you cast his purple when R&G's strikes come out?

Yes, Blade is one of the few 3s that I have champed that has a good purple. He also can use black which IM40 & Groot do not need.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just noticed his yellow went from costing 6 to 8 with the most recent update.