*** Iron Man (Model 40) ***

Comments

• IM40 is probably the only character in the entire game I wouldn't look to champion right now. Purely because yellow is best suited to 2 covers.

I really hope the anticipated upcoming 3* buffs look at him in a big way.
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    This isn't a buff, it's a change.

Should have no self-drain on AP given how silly high the costs of the two powers are for a 3*.
    All 3* should have max cost of 14ap for a power.

The point of Iron Man is he has an arc reactor power supply, unlimited energy.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a buff. He's now a top tier support character. His red and blue are irrelevant.
  • Jawsome
    Jawsome Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    His captain america synergy in 3 star land alone will make this guy amazing now. 2 yellow matches and 2 turns later captain america is on line.

Without a good red spender, a near 7k red even at 13 is very impressive given it has no conditions, just make it to 13 red and someones going to die.

His blue is probably the most lack luster ability he has, but there are some typos in it so im not sure those are even the real values.

But as stated, his red and blue are really irrelevant. His yellow alone will have him see his way onto many 3 star teams.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Yellow dope blue nope.
  • Wish I had been on the other side of the fence when I voted "no, still not worth the 3rd yellow cover to champion..."
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wish I had been on the other side of the fence when I voted "no, still not worth the 3rd yellow cover to champion..."

I was in the same camp as you, then someone who has a history of let's call it accurate prognostication said to hold onto those third yellow covers, and so I did and now I'm very happy.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    What exactly got changed?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Changes are explained in the announcement:
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39456
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, red is kinda useful mainly if he's the only member of your team with a decent red power, but yellow giving all that for 6AP? Wow. He actually competes with SWitch and IF for AP gen now, even if it's missing the board shake. And he's got more health than either.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I'm glad that my IM40 is already at 4/4/5. Seems like the way I build him has finally paid off. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • his skills now are actually not funny.

5 covers at yellow? OMFG
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I'm so happy I added his the 3rd yellow cover last week, thinking that at least it's better to champion him and get a legendary token icon_lol.gif I'll miss his blue nuke though.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Just got the update and tested him out and it nice. I had him championed so bumped his yellow to 5 and blue to 3 and his red is real nice now and yellow is awesome.

Not sure who I want to combine him with as his red is good now. I've been using iceman and blade so far but might swap blade out for something else.

I can see a hulkbuster + ironman combo being really nice
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    nigelregal wrote:
    I can see a hulkbuster + ironman combo being really nice

Can't have 2 Iron Man's on a team. I just tested him out too. Took out a high level OML / XFDP in the LR with IM40 / Thor. My Thor is only lvl 200. Got yellow off twice, and game was over. All 6 CDs resolved. Stunned XFDP, OML, then downed Gamora. Then downed XFDP. Then collected some charged tiles, and took OML down in 2 Smites, almost 15k a pop. Imagine that a lvl 270 Thor might've got the job done in 1.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Either Classic Cyclops or 4* Thor works beautifully with the new IM40, and i can also see Cyclops/JG/IM40 becoming a mainstay SHIELD Sim team since you can feed all four of their damage moves for 6 yellow.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    FYI for anyone looking at this thread wondering how some people have the update and you do not: the in-game prompt hasn't been enabled yet, prob will in a few hours, but if you check for updates, there should be one.

Wish I would have figured that out before the IM40 lightning round that just ended.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM40/Lcap/KK is everything I had hoped it would be. And this is only with 3 yellow.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM40/JG/4Thor is pretty amazing. IM40 with 5 yellow is almost OP. Even if 1 cd tile doesn't make it (a reasonable assumption although most of the time I've done it they've all survived) then it's 24 AP for 6 yellow. They all survive then it's 36 AP that can be used instantly to devastating effect.

4Cyc would probably be better than 4Thor, but my 4Thor is a champ and my 4Cyc is under leveled.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    ever since the update, I don't even care whether he's a 5/3/5 or 3/5/5 build since you just pair him with icon_captainamerica.png and use his redflag.png and blueflag.png powers so to me his perfect build is x/x/5