*** Iron Man (Model 40) ***

Options

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I`m enjoying my new 5/3/5 build (thanks to my championed Hawkeye). When I will have enough ISO to champion him some day I try him out at 3/5/5.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone has stats for maxed IM at 4/4/5 ? Most probably 5/3/5 is the way to go, but maybe 4/4/5 is balanced enough...
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Anyone has stats for maxed IM at 4/4/5 ? Most probably 5/3/5 is the way to go, but maybe 4/4/5 is balanced enough...

Championed @ 173
    Red 4: 5070
    Blue 4: 2403
    Red 5: 6890
    Blue 3: 1679
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IM40
    3 redflag.png 5 blueflag.png 5 yellowflag.png

She-hulk
    4 blueflag.png 5 greenflag.png 4 redflag.png

Kamala Khan
    3 yellowflag.png 5 purpleflag.png 5 greenflag.png

So I just tried this team in simulator, and it works way better than I thought. Climbed up to 2,000 and got a Nova's cover pretty easily.

With this team, you'll get:
    • Cheap board shake + tiles destroying
    • Cheap AP denial
    • Team healing
    • Team damage on 3 colours
    • Special tiles conversion

This team is about maximum AOE damage, so you won't spend red AP on IM40, but on spamming She-Hulk's red instead. KK keeps the team alive, since many abilities are low cost. You will be able to use them continuously thanks to IM's yellow and KK's purple.

KK's green and She-Hulk's red will be your main source of damage. IM's blue is a finisher, often executed right after IM recovers from stun.

You can also play this team defensively by using She-Hulk's green instead of KK's. With IM and KK, you'll often have enough green AP to completely wipe out the opponent's AP pool. I defeated JG+Hulkbuster team with this team many times (though with JG, you can't be too greedy with KK's purple)

The team relies on getting 6 yellow as soon as possible, so on a yellow dry board, things can go really bad. Also, the team lacks a strong single target damage power, so you might have a problem with someone like Old Man Logan, even with just 1 yellow cover icon_redface.gif Also, team damage is really dangerous against XPool though if XPool's level is high, She-Hulk's red won't activate his black.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    after playing him with my 180 thoress, she has definitely moved up my list to get iso. put them with any of the purple/green users and you have a great team. I think she works better than 4cyke when she has enough ap, and im40 stuffs her full.

to me im40 joins witch and hood as best supports in the game. loki is a step behind them imo.
  • Orangecrush
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    after playing him with my 180 thoress, she has definitely moved up my list to get iso. put them with any of the purple/green users and you have a great team. I think she works better than 4cyke when she has enough ap, and im40 stuffs her full.

to me im40 joins witch and hood as best supports in the game. loki is a step behind them imo.
    I think IM40 may be the best 3* in the game now, support or not.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:

I think IM40 may be the best 3* in the game now, support or not.
    well, i don't know about "best", but boosted IM40, LCap, and Iron Fist is just nasty. Two yellow matches and the game is basically over.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    or worse, im40/ice/red user - in heavy metal I climbed 650 to 1100 on 2 health packs. granted I was switching out ice and jean depending on opponent (mostly ice though), and ran them with cyke, but damn....2 health packs! yesterday's lunch pve clear took 8 - and top levels I saw there were 260s. heavy metal took on much higher level opponents and was just very efficient.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM40+Jean Grey (All-New) + Cyclops (Classic) in Heavy Metal was maybe the best team I've ever run. So much damage. So many Called Shots.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IM40+Jean Grey (All-New) + Cyclops (Classic) in Heavy Metal was maybe the best team I've ever run. So much damage. So many Called Shots.

It was fantastic. You could squeeze out so many extra abilities through controlled cascades. Team ups didn't even matter.

I swore by Scarlet being the best 3* character, but she's gonna have to go sit down somewhere.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is actually the team I am running in the ssim. Usually a win on turn 5 or 6. So much fun.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is actually the team I am running in the ssim. Usually a win on turn 5 or 6. So much fun.

Thats not a bad team, but I think 4hor, rhulk, IM40 is even better. One recharge and one 4hor blue and the other team is dead.

I still think IF is the best 3, but IM40 is a very close second.
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    Just wanted to say how much life this is breathing into new combos, these changes have made the game more FUN. Have champed him this week because he's so useful.

Latest fun combo: IM + Patch + Daredevil, instant strike tiles and clearance, and loads of stun. Almost tempting me to max both of them
  • TxMoose
    Options
    completely loving im40 now - I team him with 4thor and ice and its crazy strong. with cyke done now, I'm maxing im40 and 4thor is jumping ahead of the others to the front of the line. all because of im40.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm loving him and I still have him at level 120. Is it bad that I'm really close to giving up my current plans of saving up ISO to max out Carnage so I can level and champion IM40 instead?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madok wrote:
    I'm loving him and I still have him at level 120. Is it bad that I'm really close to giving up my current plans of saving up ISO to max out Carnage so I can level and champion IM40 instead?

I just did that exact same thing. Never thought I'd max IM40, but with a maxed 4cyc it'd be stupid not to. I'm dominating any pve node I go into with that team now.
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Options
    So, this Shulk pvp was destroying my life when I was running IceBuster, so I decided to downgrade IM, and ran Ice40, and that team is legit. Recharge gets you a Whiteout, freeze one enemy, punch another, and then Power of Attorneym usually cascading you into blue or red for additional carnage.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hate to say it but recharge may be just a bit too strong. 6 ap for a potential 12x3=36 and useful amounts too. Been rolling lady thor and Jean grey with a 553 im40 (because I have not championed him yet) and by turn 4 I typically have someone stunned, a Jean grey green, and a smite off without any repercussions because it's so fast. Can't wait till I get him 535
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hate to say it but recharge may be just a bit too strong. 6 ap for a potential 12x3=36 and useful amounts too. Been rolling lady thor and Jean grey with a 553 im40 (because I have not championed him yet) and by turn 4 I typically have someone stunned, a Jean grey green, and a smite off without any repercussions because it's so fast. Can't wait till I get him 535

All we can hope is that the devs take as long to rebalance it as it took them to finally get around to this incarnation.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM40 + MNMags + Torchie (everlasting flame jet) or Hulk (take out half the board) = mega-fun.