change in boosts cost

Options
167891012»

Comments

• I've known people who have spent $20,000 or more on F2P games, so it's certainly not unreasonable to think that some people will abuse this new advantage. I like the change to make boosts more expensive, but I don't want any to be HP-only.
  • MPQ/D3 has become the epitome of greed. It's downright pathetic that they claim to have forgotten to inform us about this change. I was wondering why I was not receiving boosts drops or rewards much for the last few days.

@!
  • Unnistalled it was fun while it lasted.
  • What patch is the name going to be changed to Marvel Fisting Quest? I've got a couple of ideas that I think you guys are going to love.

-Charge 25 HP every time someone opens the game. Brings back that old arcade nostalgia that people love.

-Make the boosts and shields free. Charge players a certain amount of HP based on placement to collect their rewards. If they decline move the rewards down to
    the next person on the list until someone buys them.

-Change the events so that the top 100 places get the opportunity to bid HP for placement rewards.

-Place ads in between each match. Should slow down matches, promote point loss, increase boost/iso/hp sales.

-Make the game subscription based but keep everything the same.

-Make core game play changes in the middle of high profile events. You guys beat me to this one. Clever girl.

In all seriousness, when school is out at the end of this year did your class have enough time to make content for the summer? Is there a summer class thats going to pick this project up or do we have to wait for the new sophomore class in August?
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Rafal Jaki wrote:
    I signed up just signed up to complain about this! We can deal with nerfed characters and balance issues but changing the boosts to pay-only ruins the game for every single free player that plays this game. With this change NO free player can get a DD card and most of us will give up trying in future events if this is how biased towards your paying customers you decide to be.

Just one complain - this game is not free per ce. Nothing is in this world. You should pay if you play the game.

I bought it didn't I? If I can't do a zillion microtransactions then it shouldn't be playable to someone who bought the product?

+3 AP helped a lot but can obviously be easily abused. I'd rather pay 500 iso for it as you can easily earn that in-game, yet still have to choose if you'd waste 500 iso on +3 AP or level someone up. HP is rare and only for the dedicated players or paying players. As someone who can't do a zillion microtransactions but is willing to pay for a game and support it where possible I'd say charging 100HP for a boost is a complete middle finger from the devs to ALL players. HP for a free player is most likely going to be saved and used for extra slots (another sad middle finger as 10000 iso should be near equal to 250/300HP). But then again when I saw the pay-ONLY tourney I lost all hopes for the future of this game and its free players (95%+ of its user-base) so this 100HP for +3AP x 3 shouldn't surprise anyone icon_e_surprised.gif
  • I could live with it being HP cost, if it were much smaller. Like, smaller than anything else. 10HP, for instance.
  • Rafal Jaki wrote:
    I signed up just signed up to complain about this! We can deal with nerfed characters and balance issues but changing the boosts to pay-only ruins the game for every single free player that plays this game. With this change NO free player can get a DD card and most of us will give up trying in future events if this is how biased towards your paying customers you decide to be.

Just one complain - this game is not free per ce. Nothing is in this world. You should pay if you play the game.

I bought it didn't I? If I can't do a zillion microtransactions then it shouldn't be playable to someone to bought the product?

+3 AP helped a lot but can obviously be easily abused. I'd rather pay 500 iso for it as you can easily earn that in-game, yet still have to choose if you'd waste 500 iso on +3 AP or level someone up. HP is rare and only for the dedicated players or paying players. As someone who can't do a zillion microtransactions but is willing to pay for a game and support it where possible I'd say charging 100HP for a boost is a complete middle finger from the devs to ALL players. HP for a free player is most likely going to be saved and used for extra slots (another sad middle finger as 10000 iso should be near equal to 250/300HP). But then again when I saw the pay-ONLY tourney I lost all hopes for the future of this game and its free players (95%+ of its user-base) so this 100HP for +3AP x 3 shouldn't surprise anyone icon_e_surprised.gif

I agree completely, except on your last point. It's not that hard to earn HP for free, and the players at the top have been stockpiling it for a long time, or using it on covers that they need. This tournament is specifically designed for the players who won't have a problem shelling out 300HP, so I think it's fine.
  • Maybe for long time players, I'm not sure about newer players.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's fine cause it's voluntary. We are upset about sweeping changes no one can avoid.
  • Rafal Jaki wrote:
    Dear IceIX,

This is my first post on this forum. My name is Rafal (Soniak gametag) and I'm a Business Development Manager at CD Projekt RED a AAA+ RPG developer.

I play Marvel Puzzle Quest from Day1 and did play everyday. I was the paying customer because i truly believe that you have to pay for the fun that you are getting.

I have 20+ Characters and a couple of them maxed or around 95 Lv.

I did play the PvE event for Daredevil and was placed in the TOP 3 yesterday maxing all the challenges. All my Challenges were at a 230 Lv. I was really hard to win, but I was determined and played for the whole weekend and after work.

I can certainly understand your challenges on the Biz side - you need to make money for this game to be a success. Sometime you need to make decisions that are not popular.

Why I'm posting about all of this?

I really feel disrespected and violated by the Boost cost change. There is no way that I can win in the event the DD covers now, without paying 100 GOLD for every match. I'm ok with the Thor and Wolvie changes, but doing the Boost cost change in the middle of a event is just wrong. Please let us know why this had to be done now and not after the event has ended. I strongly feel that I have wasted my whole weekend and my free time in the last 2 days just to get slapped in the face.

All the best
    Rafal
    Holy cow! Hope you don't quit, I'd love to beat the pants off the creators of witcher! I CANNOT WAIT for Witcher 3, don't play so much MPQ and finish it already!!! icon_e_wink.gificon_e_wink.gif
  • Spencer75 wrote:
    I don't agree that this will become pay to win with the +3 all choosing 100 hp

That's crazy...

Do people seriously think ANYONE is going to pay a dollar to boost for a single match?

They've essentially removed the +3 boosts (apart from rewards, I just got one actually) and I think that's a good thing. More strategy, slower matches, slower characters can be utilized (doctor doom). All good things

People have this unreasonable fear plus inability to do math. If I'm rich enough to actually chug through those like I used to, I can buy the cover I need outright. Winning games is not nearly as reliable as just buying the cover which is usually why you're doing so in the first place. In a tournament like Avenger Elite, you might do it as an investment for more HP that may or may not payoff (see the rather insane shield usage right now in Avenger Elite for an example). I wouldn't have to worry about the first cover issue because my money can easily get a nice ranking or I can even just take a gamble on the various deals.

They probably should've removed the AP+3 all just so that people will stop having this hysteria of the rich guy who is out only to screw you. If that guy is out there, you are already screwed.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Out of curiousity, has anyone got the all AP+3 boost to drop? I'm checking my boosts and the +3 AP to 2 colors still drop, but I haven't gotten any AP+3 yet. I know they were never common, so that in itself doesn't say much. I assume they still drop (maybe rarer now) since even the previous HP boosts for 150% damage drop (I have like 3 of them, and certainly never bought them).

I can confirm it still drops.

Got the mythical rainbow stockpile drop while making my run at Army of One. Drop rate/randomness of boots **seems** to be the same it always was.

As noted many times by now, the change is so you can burn boots with impunity now. Consuming boosts actually holds value (and cost) now. Further, the meta of the game on many levels changes completely when a player cant alpha-bomb their way to an overwhelming advantage on Turn 1.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Out of curiousity, has anyone got the all AP+3 boost to drop? I'm checking my boosts and the +3 AP to 2 colors still drop, but I haven't gotten any AP+3 yet. I know they were never common, so that in itself doesn't say much. I assume they still drop (maybe rarer now) since even the previous HP boosts for 150% damage drop (I have like 3 of them, and certainly never bought them).

Got the mythical rainbow stockpile drop while making my run at Army of One. Drop rate/randomness of boots **seems** to be the same it always was.

As noted many times by now, the change is so you can burn boots with impunity now. Consuming boosts actually holds value (and cost) now. Further, the meta of the game on many levels changes completely when a player cant alpha-bomb their way to an overwhelming advantage on Turn 1.

That's the whole issue every1 is missing. This game very quickly made top 50 grossing mobile games. Top 25 even I believe.
    It was a fast paced fun creative game. Since they broke into top 25, 30, whatever, every change they have implemented is to slow the game down. They are doing a 180 with the "meta" basically an entire new game than before.

If the game is top 25 grossing game and you have a mostly happy player base, why would you change the game to such a different extreme? I won't be surprised if they crash and burn.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

That's the whole issue every1 is missing. This game very quickly made top 50 grossing mobile games. Top 25 even I believe.
    It was a fast paced fun creative game. Since they broke into top 25, 30, whatever, every change they have implemented is to slow the game down. They are doing a 180 with the "meta" basically an entire new game than before.

If the game is top 25 grossing game and you have a mostly happy player base, why would you change the game to such a different extreme? I won't be surprised if they crash and burn.

I would think that the faster pace would actually encourage people to pay more to keep up with the pace of them game, which was great. I actually got excited with the fast pace and wanted to play more and more. I can remember not going to bed until the wee hours because I just wanted to get just a few more matches in. Then I blinked and it was 2:30am. Slowing it down really bums me out and honestly makes me want to play less and less.
  • I wasted 200HP because i didnt payed attention, didnt noticed the change. It stopped me at third, since i have 25HP left.
    I wish this didnt happen, but nothing i can do now. I need to pay more attention in the future, but i would have never expected a 3 of each color boost could cost HP.

I guess this is a big nerf to spider man users.
  • I wasted 200HP because i didnt payed attention, didnt noticed the change. It stopped me at third, since i have 25HP left.
    I wish this didnt happen, but nothing i can do now. I need to pay more attention in the future, but i would have never expected a 3 of each color boost could cost HP.

IceIX says you can put in a ticket to see if they'll give you a refund. I do think D3 is responsible for giving out refunds for guys who purchased this without being aware of the change.

Send in a ticket to support to try to get your HP back (aka add your name to the ever-increasing line of people duped by this stealth nerf)
  • Thank you guys for the idea, i will open a ticket.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

I've gotten it to drop, fortunately. Used them pretty quickly on the Avengers event, though...
  • Yeah, the slowdown drastically changes the entire playing style of the game.

Those big-AP moves aren't so laughable anymore. With matches lasting longer, there are real and tangible dangers from many characters.

For example, on the low end of the meta, IM35 is king once more. Good luck obtaining enough damage from strike tiles to overcome his 4 protect tiles from Armored assault, let alone multiple casts of it. With low to nil damage to his 2700 health outside of AP attacks, Ultra-Freon Beam becomes a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

The same can be said for Thor, whose green is just stupidly powerful now. Yeah, its not CStorm 3 x 1670 damage = 5k; but he can easily set himself up with 9 green tiles from Thunder Strike to cast 2000 + 1000 + 1000 = 4k damage. Oh... and he has double the health of CStorm as well. Good luck auto-attacking away 5400 health before he can get Call of Storm off once.

2* Wolv? The new Adamantium Slash is silly overpowered as well. Unless the target is a 3* character or a 2* tank, the new slash is instant kill to any 2* (hope you didn't need that 85 OBW). 4 red matches (3 with the red boost) to automatically eliminate (or cripple) your opponent's greatest threat? Tinykitty indeed.

As mentioned above, I've started to use one green boost on most matches that aren't completely trivial to hedge against a bad board or the AI actually playing board control. 3 green matches for a first strike tile deployment can be an **awfully** long time. And then comes Thor and Wolv.... tick... tick.... tick.... boom.