change in boosts cost

Options

Comments

• Ice, any news regarding the removal of this?
  • With the changes to the heroes and the boost cost increase the games are so slow now.
    I will sell Thor because I don't like my build now now, but I have no idea what to do with 2* Wolverine. I know he is not the build I want, but unlike others who have 3*s at levels 60+, Wolverine and OBW was the combo that got me this far. Patch's green is freaking dangerous after I tried it even at level 3, so I wonder who will I be left with to use in matches if I sell Wolverine. This patch drained all the fun from the game for me. Patch lead to very slow games for me. So much thought about what to do, when to use the ability and trying to find out any ideal match that won't lose you the game made the game no fun at all. I just spend 10 minutes playing a 90lv match. First trying to make 2 green matches to use his green ability (level 3). Then try to match purple because if you leave them it is +400 damage for each match the opponent makes. Then trying to put Patch in front to take the 2k damage from the Thug that would KO your OBW. Oh, and this game cost me 400 ISO for 2 boosts (B/G, B/P). It is simply not worth playing against high level enemies anymore. @#$%&
  • I know I mentioned several times that I wouldn't mind seeing boosts cost HP, but 100 HP is a bit much.
  • Ok cool. Thanks for the info guys
  • People somehow feel like this change will put them at a disadvantage and feel wronged about it. I completely disagree, except for people who bought the boosts that cost hp by mistake.

Everyone is on a level playing field, except for a very small minority who'll buy some hp, but with the amount of tourneys, and the number of rewards each tourney has, it's really not difficult to get covers as reward, even if you don't spend anything. I'm pretty casual and my hulk, punisher and patch are full covered, all of which I got from the many tourneys.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    someguy321 wrote:
    Ice, any news regarding the removal of this?
    If there is to be news on a redaction, I wouldn't expect it for a while until we can see what the changes actually did for the player base.
  • IceIX wrote:
    someguy321 wrote:
    If there is to be news on a redaction, I wouldn't expect it for a while until we can see what the changes actually did for the player base.

So much for listening to the forum opinion then.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    someguy321 wrote:

Be reasonable, IceX isn't the Lead Producer, he can't arbitrarily change prices on a bloody whim, 3 hours after they have gone live.
  • Just saying, everyone complained that PvP had no defense as anyone can boost up and has 3 chances to beat you..now the lower overall useage of boosts (kick out the crutch, I promise you can still walk) and remove the 3 chances, and people complain again. What, want me to build you a macro to play for you?
  • My only problem about this was the timing. They knew their PvE event was horribly broken and still rolled this out anyways. They easily could have waited until next week until this event was over.

So, either they are horribly inept or horribly cynical towards their fanbase.

Either choice is pretty unsettling.
  • abuelo wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    someguy321 wrote:

Be reasonable, IceX isn't the Lead Producer, he can't arbitrarily change prices on a bloody whim, 3 hours after they have gone live.

I know, I appreciate IceIX isn't the lead dev, and I apologise if he takes offence at my comment. However, when he says in one post that the devs listen to community feedback, and then effectively says they are ignoring it, he should expect to be called on it.

For what it's worth, I think IceIX does a great job here in very difficult times. He has my respect for that.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    abuelo wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

I know, I appreciate IceIX isn't the lead dev, and I apologise if he takes offence at my comment. However, when he says in one post that the devs listen to community feedback, and then effectively says they are ignoring it, he should expect to be called on it.

For what it's worth, I think IceIX does a great job here in very difficult times. He has my respect for that.

That's an impossibly impatient reaction. As IceIX said, developers will wait to review the outcome of this change. The Rag change has gone quieter now, and the developers are able to review the statistical impact of that change. Same here. If they find its not working, they might change it, but 3 hours isn't a sufficient statistical sample to base anything on.

Nothing he has said has been conflicted. And the assumption that looking at the statistical outcome of a change is the same as ignoring community feedback is pretty poor form

While I'm not a fan of this change either, and if they want to introduce it as a HP sink, I'd suggest lowering it to 25HP, but to be fair, I had been boosting non stop for the last week on events.
  • IceIX
    Options
    DaveyPitch wrote:

We can and will continue to take forum users into consideration in game changes. To say that we'd place a patch out then immediately redact things because some users disliked a change? That's something a bit different. The mere fact that you all are talking about things, and Boost changes in particular means that we'll look at such things more closely. That also includes keeping up on ongoing user feedback. Contrast that with a change like "PVP Skip Button was made more visible". Since people aren't talking about it, we probably don't have to look into this with as high of priority. Forum users/social media users shape quite a part of what we focus our in-game data reviews on.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    _fulu_ wrote:
    Just saying, everyone complained that PvP had no defense as anyone can boost up and has 3 chances to beat you..now the lower overall useage of boosts (kick out the crutch, I promise you can still walk) and remove the 3 chances, and people complain again. What, want me to build you a macro to play for you?

It didn't change anything. Boosts still exists. The only thing that changed is that those who spend real money can buy boosts, while everyone else gets left behind. If you don't spend money, you have a significantly lower chance of winning. It's a classic pay-to-win scenario.
  • We you know you do a very hard work, but this change, this little change is really pay 2 win.

Either keep this useful for non-paying users, or COMPLETELY REMOVE the boosts. I honestly feel that the game isn't fun anymore. I just lost two fights that I could have won with the boosts. It was great knowing that I could win against a very high leveled team. Now all my progression seems really stuck, and I was working really hard to get more Wolverine Patch. Now... it's completely unreachable.
  • anyhow while we got you here IceIX I'd like to point out that the UI updates added a considerable amount of lag to the game.
    for reference, Im on a 2012 32GB Wifi Nexus 7

Overall the game seems to be sluggish now but its quite noticeable when say OBW's Espionage passive activates
  • IceIX wrote:
    Nope, you're right. It wasn't *intended* to be that way but the way it rolled out, it was. Good or bad, I'd prefer people call it like it is (was?)

I didn't notice the change and wasted all of my HP on this boost. Only see it when i got a message that I'm out of HP. THANKS GUYS BYE icon_cry.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are people seriously spending money on +3 to all boosts though? Spending a dollar for 3 uses seems a little absurd. I would think that this change makes it so that 99.9% of the playerbase plays without boosts, thus slowing the game down and making it less of a grindfest.
  • IceIX
    Options
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    anyhow while we got you here IceIX I'd like to point out that the UI updates added a considerable amount of lag to the game.
    for reference, Im on a 2012 32GB Wifi Nexus 7

Overall the game seems to be sluggish now but its quite noticeable when say OBW's Espionage passive activates
    47.1 is on its way through approvals to fix a chunk of that. Unfortunately some of that lag is pure client-side.
  • IceIX
    Options
    spawnas wrote:
    I didn't notice the change and wasted all of my HP on this boost. Only see it when i got a message that I'm out of HP. THANKS GUYS BYE icon_cry.gif
    If you're still reading the forums at this point, put in a ticket about it. It can get fixed.