change in boosts cost

Options

Comments

• Veracity wrote:
    I'll absolutely give you that charging $0.33 or whatever it amounts to is an instant descent into the nastiest pit of tacky. But if they don't like what they do to the game, I'd have no major objection to them just being gone. I do wonder if having to play more at the mercy of chance will drive a lot of people off, anyway, though.

If AP+3 can still drop, I can sort of see them as something you take a while to stockpile and then burn it all in a blaze of glory. Otherwise, I think it's better for the game to just make AP+3 gone completely, because there was never anything fair about starting with 6 AP in 4 colors.
  • Veracity wrote:
    I think it's quite obvious the MPQ license was acquired in some Producers-style scheme where the actual plan was to fail utterly, somehow making a few people very rich in the process. Unfortunately, they underestimated people's tolerance for outrageous grind schedules, abstruse, obfuscated rules, miscommunication, ninja application of unannounced, unwanted, undocumented updates at the worst possible moments and bald-faced lies, so they're just trying to make right on the original mission.
    This really made me laugh, and I really love the Producers reference. Have you seen Gene Wilder lately, he looks like a mummy.
  • Prices for the boosts are back to the original.That was fixed as fast as it needed to be.Thanks for listening.I guess there is hope for this game after all
  • Prices for the boosts are back to the original.That was fixed as fast as it needed to be.Thanks for listening.I guess there is hope for this game after all

I'd like to smoke some of the **** you're smoking! icon_lol.gif
  • Out of curiousity, has anyone got the all AP+3 boost to drop? I'm checking my boosts and the +3 AP to 2 colors still drop, but I haven't gotten any AP+3 yet. I know they were never common, so that in itself doesn't say much. I assume they still drop (maybe rarer now) since even the previous HP boosts for 150% damage drop (I have like 3 of them, and certainly never bought them).
  • Phantron wrote:
    Out of curiousity, has anyone got the all AP+3 boost to drop? I'm checking my boosts and the +3 AP to 2 colors still drop, but I haven't gotten any AP+3 yet. I know they were never common, so that in itself doesn't say much. I assume they still drop (maybe rarer now) since even the previous HP boosts for 150% damage drop (I have like 3 of them, and certainly never bought them).
    150% damage boost? Don't think I've ever seen one
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    geekgeek wrote:
    Prices for the boosts are back to the original.That was fixed as fast as it needed to be.Thanks for listening.I guess there is hope for this game after all

I'd like to smoke some of the tinykitty you're smoking! icon_lol.gif

Oh god they just went back to the atrocious prices(double facepalm)Well at least i managed to get 1 +3 for the old price.I guess it was a glitch... icon_cry.gif
  • **** every day I wake up it's some other tinykitty news. They should have just removed the boosts completely and balance accordingly. The 230 villain battles are impossible for me without the boosts and for sure I'm not paying 5 bucks every 3 battles for boosts.
    Phantron wrote:
    I assume they still drop (maybe rarer now) since even the previous HP boosts for 150% damage drop (I have like 3 of them, and certainly never bought them).

The 150% boosts don't drop in normal battles, they were guaranteed drops for non repeatable PVE missions for some of the events.
  • Rafal Jaki
    Options
    Dear IceIX,

This is my first post on this forum. My name is Rafal (Soniak gametag) and I'm a Business Development Manager at CD Projekt RED a AAA+ RPG developer.

I play Marvel Puzzle Quest from Day1 and did play everyday. I was the paying customer because i truly believe that you have to pay for the fun that you are getting.

I have 20+ Characters and a couple of them maxed or around 95 Lv.

I did play the PvE event for Daredevil and was placed in the TOP 3 yesterday maxing all the challenges. All my Challenges were at a 230 Lv. I was really hard to win, but I was determined and played for the whole weekend and after work.

I can certainly understand your challenges on the Biz side - you need to make money for this game to be a success. Sometime you need to make decisions that are not popular.

Why I'm posting about all of this?

I really feel disrespected and violated by the Boost cost change. There is no way that I can win in the event the DD covers now, without paying 100 GOLD for every match. I'm ok with the Thor and Wolvie changes, but doing the Boost cost change in the middle of a event is just wrong. Please let us know why this had to be done now and not after the event has ended. I strongly feel that I have wasted my whole weekend and my free time in the last 2 days just to get slapped in the face.

All the best
    Rafal
  • I signed up just signed up to complain about this! We can deal with nerfed characters and balance issues but changing the boosts to pay-only ruins the game for every single free player that plays this game. With this change NO free player can get a DD card and most of us will give up trying in future events if this is how biased towards your paying customers you decide to be.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Options
    SERIOUSLY?
    The new boost costs are INSANE!
  • Rafal Jaki
    Options
    I signed up just signed up to complain about this! We can deal with nerfed characters and balance issues but changing the boosts to pay-only ruins the game for every single free player that plays this game. With this change NO free player can get a DD card and most of us will give up trying in future events if this is how biased towards your paying customers you decide to be.

Just one complain - this game is not free per ce. Nothing is in this world. You should pay if you play the game.
  • antreas1911
    antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've been playing since the first days.
    I was a lurker in this forum. The info provided here by the rest of you guys was very useful.
    Why i decided to write? Simply to mention that the increased cost of the boosts is the worst decision ever taken from the first day of this game.
    Now it has become pay to play. Not my type. I have given around 10 euros, mostly as a thank you for this great game. Pitty it turned this way.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    **** every day I wake up it's some other tinykitty news. They should have just removed the boosts completely and balance accordingly. The 230 villain battles are impossible for me without the boosts and for sure I'm not paying 5 bucks every 3 battles for boosts.
    Phantron wrote:
    I assume they still drop (maybe rarer now) since even the previous HP boosts for 150% damage drop (I have like 3 of them, and certainly never bought them).

The 150% boosts don't drop in normal battles, they were guaranteed drops for non repeatable PVE missions for some of the events.

This+ This+ This+.

I've just woken to find my Bill Gates lvl of HP (1920) has dropped by 500. How? When??, Why??? Oh, I was busy getting beaten up by lvl 178 Maggia, and I've not even gotten a daily reward cos I can't beat anyone/anything with my weak lvl 52 Thor/lvl 30 Patch/lvl 47 OBW......!!!!!

Then I checked the R47 patch notes and noticed a small footnote by IceX (2 hours after the main notes were released) that said, oh yeah the main notes have been updated to inform you all that we sneaked in a change to the Boosters. ****??? Do you guys know how to properly release a patch?

Well I commented in the Thorverine patch thread (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2637&p=41713#p41713) and I stand by what I've said. I've been robbed!!

I read that people have been complaining about the +3 for a long time and it was no good, so why not simply remove it from game?? What you've done is under handed and deceitful and down right obnoxious to those of us that have come to the game late in the day. You should give people proper warnings that you're making massive changes so we're all informed.

Here in the UK all the major banks are paying out billions of pounds because they miss sold payment protection insurance (they robbed us) and this reminds me of that because they're giving me my money back too! So can I have back my 500 HP please? Thanks!!
  • Post a support ticket for refund as was suggested in other threads.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Post a support ticket for refund as was suggested in other threads.

Ok thanks, I will do.
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    Options
    I don't agree that this will become pay to win with the +3 all choosing 100 hp

That's crazy...

Do people seriously think ANYONE is going to pay a dollar to boost for a single match?

They've essentially removed the +3 boosts (apart from rewards, I just got one actually) and I think that's a good thing. More strategy, slower matches, slower characters can be utilized (doctor doom). All good things
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Out of curiousity, has anyone got the all AP+3 boost to drop? I'm checking my boosts and the +3 AP to 2 colors still drop, but I haven't gotten any AP+3 yet. I know they were never common, so that in itself doesn't say much. I assume they still drop (maybe rarer now) since even the previous HP boosts for 150% damage drop (I have like 3 of them, and certainly never bought them).

I got one a few hours ago...
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hear when you buy a 3+ AP your phone just laughs at you.
  • Spencer75 wrote:
    I don't agree that this will become pay to win with the +3 all choosing 100 hp

That's crazy...

Do people seriously think ANYONE is going to pay a dollar to boost for a single match?

They've essentially removed the +3 boosts (apart from rewards, I just got one actually) and I think that's a good thing. More strategy, slower matches, slower characters can be utilized (doctor doom). All good things

No, you remove something if you remove it. For you it might be ridiculous to pay that much for one match. But there are people that have enough money to not care and just buy power.

Even worse I personally came to know people that combine the inability to handle money + gaming addiction. These get bent over and tinykittied by such changes.