**** Cyclops (Classic) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited February 2017 in Character Details
redtile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.png[anchor=cyclops4]Cyclops (Classic)[/anchor] icon_cyclops.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
At Max Level: HP: 14890 Tile damage: 73/82/64/11/11/10/3.0x

Combined Forces - 10 redtile.png AP
Cyclops fires a powerful optic blast, coordinating his attack with his teammates for maximum impact. Deals 543 damage and destroys a chosen basic tile. If you have 10 or more Team-Up AP, instead drain 10 Team-Up AP, deal 585 damage and destroy a chosen row (tiles do not deal damage or generate AP).
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 840 / 1252 damage. Level 3: Deals 1113 / 1929 damage. Level 4: Deals 1652 / 3281 damage. Level 5: Deals 2720 / 5987 damage.
Max Level
    Level 3: Deals 2208 / 3818 damage. Level 4: Deals 3276 / 6496 damage. Level 5: Deals 5394 / 11851 damage.

Uncanny Strategist - 5 yellowtile.png AP
Cyclops draws upon a lifetime of experience to lead his team into battle. Creates a 4-turn Yellow Countdown tile. While one of these tiles is on the board, friendly Team-Up matches generate an additional 2 AP in the team's strongest color and increase the duration of these tiles by 1.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Gain an additional 3 AP in the team's strongest color when you match Team-Up tiles. Level 3: Creates a 5-turn Countdown tile. Level 4: Increase the Countdown tile's duration by 2. Level 5: Creates a 6-turn Countdown tile that gains an additional 4 AP.

Called Shot - 8 bluetile.png AP
Cyclops uses his expert marksmanship to loose an optic blast at the perfect angle, ricocheting around the battlefield and striking his foes. Destroys the selected tile, all Red basic tiles in a 3x3 area around a selected tile, generating AP and dealing 155 damage.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 611 damage. Level 3: Destroys Red basic, Strike, Attack, and Protect tiles. Level 4: Deals 821 damage. Level 5: Deals 1568 damage and destroys tiles in a 5x5 area around the selected tile.
Max Level
    Level 3: Deals 1214 damage and destroys Red basic, Strike, Attack, and Protect tiles in a 3x3 grid. Level 4: Deals 1631 damage and destroys Red basic, Strike, Attack, and Protect tiles in a 3x3 grid. Level 5: Deals 3116 damage and destroys Red basic, Strike, Attack, and Protect tiles in a 5x5 grid.

Original character guesses/supposition here.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Details, details. What about the details!!!
  • IceIX
    wymtime wrote:
    Soon™.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    So from what I understand, that blue is going to be a menace. I'm excited.
    But also slightly put off, because by the look of it he is going to be situationally stronger than 3* cyclops, but less consistent?
  • Will blue deal decent damage like WXF black level or SW green level?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gotta see how these abilities change with covers between 3-5, but I'm thinking 3/5/5 for now.

Blue is pretty obvious if it's destroying more tiles in a wider area, especially if he starts gaining yellow AP as well.
    Yellow is probably going to gain more AP at max covers (though if it doesn't it's not worth a bean.)

Red will likely do some decent damage, but I'm not sold on damage scaling for a move with other utility functions, they just don't seem to add up.

Of course this is all speculation at this point, so it's not like anyone is wrong till actual values are revealed.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    If Cyclops blue ends up being an 8-mana MNM Magnetic Flux, then it'll be absurdly good, especially if mixed with something like Iceman's purple.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could be fun to run a four-star X-men team: Cyclops, Professor X and X-force Wolverine. Lots of board shakes there...
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Finally a 4 star AP generator!
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Could be fun to run a four-star X-men team: Cyclops, Professor X and X-force Wolverine. Lots of board shakes there...
    Why not Jean? She could replace both PX on a field team or x-force as he's, well, on x-force and not xmen.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Why not Jean? She could replace both PX on a field team or x-force as he's, well, on x-force and not xmen.
    Mostly because of the cascade craziness with X-force and Cyclops possibly feeding Professor X's blue, and also because my Jean isn't useful yet. icon_e_smile.gif She could easily replace the Prof though - X-force can stay for Surgical Strike goodness.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Gotta see how these abilities change with covers between 3-5, but I'm thinking 3/5/5 for now.

Blue is pretty obvious if it's destroying more tiles in a wider area, especially if he starts gaining yellow AP as well.
    Yellow is probably going to gain more AP at max covers (though if it doesn't it's not worth a bean.)

Red will likely do some decent damage, but I'm not sold on damage scaling for a move with other utility functions, they just don't seem to add up.

Of course this is all speculation at this point, so it's not like anyone is wrong till actual values are revealed.
    One thing to think about is what will your strongest color be? If you are looking to have cyclops feed himself you will want 5 red since that will be his strongest color. If his red even at 5 does not do massive damage then I agree 3,5,5 and run him with HB for lots or punching madness. If his red does really good damage then you can run in in place of HB with 5,3,5 or 5,5,3 depending on how yellow and blue level up.
  • As if 3x3 wasn't a big enough chunk to feed off ap, blue actually increases in size not only more tile types. It's a good indicator for a 535, as red is his damage tool.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course, yellow will also produce red if Cyclops is your team's strongest character. Which is more efficient will depend on the numbers and board conditions.
  • A pve build to combo with 2* Carol will make a good use of a 5 yellow. Put in a cage and level cap your 4cyke and you are done.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Soon™.
    I thought Riot trademarked Soon™
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Soon™.
    bUfr3Ee.png
  • IceIX wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Soon™.
    I thought Riot trademarked Soon™
    Pretty sure they did, and that's why Playdom started using "just around the corner".
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the announcement article:

At 5 covers/level 270, Combined Forces deals 5394 damage without 10 TUAP, and 11,851 damage with the TUAP. The boosted version expends its necessary TUAP, so you have to collect it again to fire another full-strength shot.

Uncanny Strategist gains an additional countdown turn, an additional turn on TU match, and an additional point of generated AP between level 3 and level 5. It tops out at 4 AP generated per match.

Called Shot now deals base damage and destroys its target tile in addition to blowing up nearby red tiles. At higher levels Called Shot will destroy and gain AP for enemy strike/protect/attack tiles of any color in its area of effect. At 5 covers the radius is 5x5.
  • IceIX
    Details updated.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    If Cyclops blue ends up being an 8-mana MNM Magnetic Flux, then it'll be absurdly good, especially if mixed with something like Iceman's purple.
    I made this query in the other thread..
    Could it mean more type of colours destroyed around the selected tile? Potentially like a more selective, targetable Magnetic Flux and a lot cheaper?
    But, I forgot that Magnetic Flux also started with a low cost at 1 cover, but the cost rises with increased usability.. maybe this ability is similar in that sense too..

I was under the impression that the devs are shying away from abilities that change cost based on covers. When was the last ability released that changed AP cost based on covers?