*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    All 3*'s are now back in rotation. You should be good to go now
  • Day 392 here.

DDQ has finally allowed me to fully card my Panther, and I'm way more excited than I should be.

When DDQ first started, I had Panther at 5/2/3. I won his yellowflag.png and sold it. I won his blueflag.png and kept it.

I ponied up and bought a blackflag.png a few months back because I knew today would come. Joy! My Panther is under leveled but optimally spec'd at 121

That tinykitty troll Deadpool gives me another blackflag.png in the token draw icon_mad.gif
    Same exact thing happened to me. My BP had been at 5/4/4 for probably 6 months, check out today's DDQ and get super excited to see BP black is up. Go through the nodes, get my cover, respec, open the first of my 2 tacos, get excited to see gold and hope for IF or kamala..... It's BP black. You **** bags
  • Wow! Weird I also got blackflag.png in taco's.

TWO!>!>!>!>!>>! icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Unreal! Makes me think they listened to us pleading about it on the forum. icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks Devs!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    But don't worry, things are back to normal with Combine Arms!

BP Blue is the bottem tier reward. Black is top 5.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fun? fact: I have pulled THREE (3) BP Black covers from taco tokens this week. I have sold THREE (3) BP Black covers this week, since I don't need them.
  • Here's a joke for you:

What is Black Panther without his black skill?

A tiny kitty!
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:
    Fun? fact: I have pulled THREE (3) BP Black covers from taco tokens this week. I have sold THREE (3) BP Black covers this week, since I don't need them.
    Not only did I anticipate BP blackflag.png today so I saved up yesterdays tacos. I did NOT get that cover. Decided to roll my other 10 stock-piled tacos. Mohawk Storm.
  • mjh
    Had to dig this up from page 7!!

Please update the stats with abilities at MAX for Levels 3, 4 and 5. Not just 5.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Must have been around October that I maxed him then. I got him to 5/4/4 and levelled him up to 166 ages ago and I've waited this long for the third DDQ rotation so I could get that last black, since I've not seen him as a PvE or PvP reward for a long time.
    Heck, when was the last time he was boosted for PvE? I can't even remember. Pretty sure his PvP hasn't come around recently. If it had I can only assume his black was for top 5 reward in the previous PvP.
  • mjh
    Heck, when was the last time he was boosted for PvE? I can't even remember.
    His last PVP is in the original post, October.

As for him powered up in PVE, I remember very well.

It was a Heroic, everyone's favourite. The other available characters were so bad it seemed as if they picked them on purpose for "least synergy". The best out of the 3*s were him and GSBW icon_blackwidow.png.
    The entire Heroic PVE mantra was "Get 12 blacktile.png or 19 greentile.png to win", I think it was for a new character too. It was bad. There was so much backlash about Heroic PVEs I think it was the breaking point and they've only run them maybe twice since and rotated other characters in the subs.
  • Have Zero blackflag.png and the servers went down before I could run the event to get it today icon_e_sad.gificon_evil.gif
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    mjh wrote:
    The last time he was in rotation was Season 6, October 2014 http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17318&hilit=predator+and+prey

That was almost 6 months ago, if not more. Waiting to see Season 14 character rotations.

To top it all off they have given out his yellowflag.png and blueflag.png numerous times in PVEs (Gauntlet, etc.) over the last 6 months.

FINALLY had a chance to earn his blackflag.png today from DDQ.

If they actually do bring him back for S14 they really need to take a hard look at this RNG cover distribution nonsense and award his blackflag.png as alliance reward, it's been too long, too much.

edit: Well they sure ruined that quickly. Not only are his rewards for an off season event but they made blackflag.png the t5 reward. Come on guys, you can do much better than this. If it was at least t25 it would not be as bad. This is just tiny kitty.

Sadly many people are missing out on the Panther blackflag.png today, since the servers went down AGAIN.
  • Finally I can hang out in this thread since I got my most coveted and favorite hero from the "combined arms" tournament. I managed to get yellow and blue and was hoping for at least one since I thought lots of people would go crazy over this hero. Soooo happy. 5/3/5 seems to be the consensus since blue is weak, but I find all his moves looks cool and aesthetically pleasing to my viewing! I guess I'll enter the next PVP event just to try him out finally! yay icon_e_smile.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:

Please update the stats with abilities at MAX for Levels 3, 4 and 5. Not just 5.
    Most people have a 5/3/5 Build and have had that build since before any of his changes and level shift. Getting numbers for the others would need to come from the top. Check the Compendium to see if that was already updated.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Defensife Grid at level 4 allows you to have 5 protect tiles (like they're gonna live long enough for that to happen).

Level 5 is 5 protect tiles max at around 140-150 (someone would have to verify this, going off memory but theyre slightly weaker than his strike tiles unboosted).
  • mjh wrote:

Check out the wiki link in the original post - it has max stats for levels 3, 4, and 5. Actually the characters and skills compendium is sort of outdated now but the wiki has picked up the slack.
  • mjh
    Check out the wiki link in the original post - it has max stats for levels 3, 4, and 5. Actually the characters and skills compendium is sort of outdated now but the wiki has picked up the slack.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for:
      Level 4: Deals 3137 damage.
      Level 5: Deals 3708 damage.

not worth buying the 5th blackflag.png cover for only +800dmg
    • atomzed
      atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
      mjh wrote:

Thanks, this is what I was looking for:
        Level 4: Deals 3137 damage.
        Level 5: Deals 3708 damage.

not worth buying the 5th blackflag.png cover for only +800dmg

It is actually 2400 dmg more since the 800 dmg is inflicted on 3character.
      • mjh
        atomzed wrote:

I don't think it's fair to look at it like that. It's 800 per character you are fighting.
      • atomzed
        atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
        mjh wrote:
        atomzed wrote:

I don't think it's fair to look at it like that. It's 800 per character you are fighting.

Yup, I am not saying you are wrong. Just that as an AOE bp black is deem as a great move, because it deals a total of 9+k dmg for 12 ap. that's great value.

Now whether is the 5th cover worth buying, it depends on which phase you are in. If bp is going to be your first max 3 star character then I think it's going to be good value. If he's one of your numerous 3 star, then probably not.