*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

Comments

• Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Not as bad as Panther, but Colossus has a twisting problem below the belt as well. The weird thing about him is you're pretty much seeing his front, but his waist is still wrong.
  • I like how Captain Marvel has pointy shoulders in all of her artwork because her shoulders are kind of squarish on her cover. Also, how Hulk has those designs on his legs because he's wearing technopants on his cover.
  • That might be a fighting pose. I could do the pose myself, so it's not against human anatomy. To me it looks like he heard a noise behind him and half turned with his feet and looked back by turning his upper body and neck. I can't see a problem with Colossus. I'm not an artist though.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Okay I just realised that OP isn't talking about his cover image, but his character selection image where he's looking back over his back. Now that makes more sense.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    fmftint wrote:
    Have you ever looked at Black Panther's art work? Inside his cover you see the front of his legs, his back and his face. How is that even possible?
    Yoga.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    The weirdest thing about it is you can see his abs and his full back at the same time
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    On a somewhat related note...

Ever noticed how Steve Rogers' left arm goes behind his body, for no reason. And the elbow is bent oddly. Maybe the hand is supposed to be on his hip. But if so, you can't see it.

I imagine he is reaching back there to remove a wedgy cause those pants look awfully tight.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    In early 90's, drawing quality got a brutal stepback IMO. There was an explosion of young comic stars that I usually refer to as "extreme": McFarlane, Lee, Liefeld, Larsen and others. Welcome bizarre poses, arbitrary anatomies (****, waists, shoulders, necks...) and big guns.

Oddly, they helped artists a lot to keep copyrights over their own creations, traditionally vampirized by publishers.

I wanted to post a drawing of Captain America with THREE clavicles, but I have it at my parent's and cannot remember the drawer. I did however find this link, check it if interested. Doh, Liefeld must really hate Steve Rogers.

http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2012/ ... minations/
  • On the topics of odd character images. Daken's (2*) right or left boot never got propey finished off, the like stuff that expands out from the boot. Guess that's the kind of costume service you get for being with the bad guys
  • Nick-Thor wrote:
    On the topics of odd character images. Daken's (2*) right or left boot never got propey finished off, the like stuff that expands out from the boot. Guess that's the kind of costume service you get for being with the bad guys
    I think Stark blames Daken for going around S.H.I.E.L.D's trash containers to get his outfit in one of the PvE dialogues. It could have been Mawkeye too. A little fuzzy my memory.
  • Think I might go replay the missions to find it icon_e_biggrin.gif
    It must be in the Prologue chapter where Daken made his first appearance.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    Think I might go replay the missions to find it icon_e_biggrin.gif
    It must be in the Prologue chapter where Daken made his first appearance.

Just ran through all Oscorp nodes so it must be in Dark Avengers
  • Rob Liefeld is history's greatest villain.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    orionpeace wrote:
    On a somewhat related note...

Ever noticed how Steve Rogers' left arm goes behind his body, for no reason. And the elbow is bent oddly. Maybe the hand is supposed to be on his hip. But if so, you can't see it.

I imagine he is reaching back there to remove a wedgy cause those pants look awfully tight.

It looks correct, he is standing in a modified stance of "Parade Rest" modified because he is holding a shield, this pose would normally have both hands behind his back, folded together. It is a formal military way of standing that is appropriate for Captain America.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    The last time he was in rotation was Season 6, October 2014 http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17318&hilit=predator+and+prey

That was almost 6 months ago, if not more. Waiting to see Season 14 character rotations.

To top it all off they have given out his yellowflag.png and blueflag.png numerous times in PVEs (Gauntlet, etc.) over the last 6 months.

FINALLY had a chance to earn his blackflag.png today from DDQ.

If they actually do bring him back for S14 they really need to take a hard look at this RNG cover distribution nonsense and award his blackflag.png as alliance reward, it's been too long, too much.

edit: Well they sure ruined that quickly. Not only are his rewards for an off season event but they made blackflag.png the t5 reward. Come on guys, you can do much better than this. If it was at least t25 it would not be as bad. This is just tiny kitty.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:
    The last time he was in rotation was Season 6, October 2014.

That was almost 6 months ago, if not more. Waiting to see Season 14 character rotations.

To top it all off they have given out his yellowflag.png and blueflag.png numerous times in PVEs (Gauntlet, etc.) over the last 6 months.

FINALLY had a chance to earn his blackflag.png today from DDQ.

If they actually do bring him back for S14 they really need to take a hard look at this RNG cover distribution nonsense and award his blackflag.png as alliance reward, it's been too long, too much.

Day 440 or so and I'll finally re-spec him to 5/3/5 today. (the 4th black came from opening the tacos this week, yay me). I'll finally know what real panther rage is.
  • Omega Blacc
    Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Day 392 here.

DDQ has finally allowed me to fully card my Panther, and I'm way more excited than I should be.

When DDQ first started, I had Panther at 5/2/3. I won his yellowflag.png and sold it. I won his blueflag.png and kept it.

I ponied up and bought a blackflag.png a few months back because I knew today would come. Joy! My Panther is under leveled but optimally spec'd at 121

That tinykitty troll Deadpool gives me another blackflag.png in the token draw icon_mad.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not fun fact: day 185 and I still don't have a single BP cover because he's been vaulted since the day I joined. He's the only DDQ that I can't do.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Not fun fact: day 185 and I still don't have a single BP cover because he's been vaulted since the day I joined. He's the only DDQ that I can't do.
    Similar situation for me. I've not had one chance to pull or win a BP other than Tacos, and they've not been lucky.

Vaulting sucks.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Similar situation for me. I've not had one chance to pull or win a BP other than Tacos, and they've not been lucky.

Vaulting sucks.

Wow, that's right. They offered his other two covers for DDQ but you have to have him, to get him. Love that logic.