*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

12829303133

Comments

  • mjhmjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    atomzed wrote:
    mjh wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    It is actually 2400 dmg more since the 800 dmg is inflicted on 3character.

    I don't think it's fair to look at it like that. It's 800 per character you are fighting.

    Yup, I am not saying you are wrong. Just that as an AOE bp black is deem as a great move, because it deals a total of 9+k dmg for 12 ap.

    He does not deal 9+k dmg if 1 character is already downed, which is why it's not fair to look at his move's dmg like that.

    Also why is this original post STILL not updated?
  • OnesOwnGriefOnesOwnGrief Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    mjh wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    It is actually 2400 dmg more since the 800 dmg is inflicted on 3character.

    I don't think it's fair to look at it like that. It's 800 per character you are fighting.

    Yup, I am not saying you are wrong. Just that as an AOE bp black is deem as a great move, because it deals a total of 9+k dmg for 12 ap.

    He does not deal 9+k dmg if 1 character is already downed, which is why it's not fair to look at his move's dmg like that.

    Also why is this original post STILL not updated?
    9K+ dmg is max potential. You look at AOEs in an AOE situation. If you're goal is to Single Target DPS then you should use Cyclops. All AOEs lose up to 2/3rds of their overall damage in a battle.
  • mjhmjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Bumping this up because I am beyond words at this point.

    Recap:

    icon_blackpanther.pngblackflag.png
      October 2014 PVP 6 months later, April 28th 2015 DDQ Top5 in the buggy off-season pvp where you could only get seed teams

    Now I think the devs are just trolling us. blueflag.png for the 2nd last reward in Gauntlet and yellowflag.png for FPR (Final Progression Reward) in Juggernaut: Heroic PVE.

    Can a red username please comment about this. It's beyond ridiculous now.
  • mjh wrote:
    edit: Well they sure ruined that quickly. Not only are his rewards for an off season event but they made blackflag.png the t5 reward. Come on guys, you can do much better than this. If it was at least t25 it would not be as bad. This is just tiny kitty.

    Actually, I'm not sure they can do better than this. When greed takes over and drives you to let RNG determine cover availability, then you can't/shouldn't expect much from a game.
  • XenoberyllXenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    mjh wrote:
    Now I think the devs are just trolling us. blueflag.png for the 2nd last reward in Gauntlet and yellowflag.png for FPR (Final Progression Reward) in Juggernaut: Heroic PVE.

    I'm on day 420something and i'm missing 18 3star covers overall including Bullseye and Vision. Need 3 Black Panther Blacks. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • MalcrofMalcrof GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least you got the black from DDQ.. i missed it because of the server outages, and have had an escalated ticket in for weeks about this.. my poor useless BP is at 0/3/0......
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    At least you got the black from DDQ.. i missed it because of the server outages, and have had an escalated ticket in for weeks about this.. my poor useless BP is at 0/3/0......
    I can attest, -/3/1 isn't any more useful than -/3/-
  • MalcrofMalcrof GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    At least you got the black from DDQ.. i missed it because of the server outages, and have had an escalated ticket in for weeks about this.. my poor useless BP is at 0/3/0......
    I can attest, -/3/1 isn't any more useful than -/3/-

    At least his yellowflag.png is progression in next PVE.

    He is one character i may actually spend HP on covers.. so far i have only spent on roster slots and token packs (yes i love the lottery/gambling part of token packs, and yes, my wife has barred me from the casino....).

    But now i have 65 slots and 1 of each 2*, 3*, and 4* with 3 1*'s, so Token packs are still fun, but less likely to get me something useful. (i get about $50 in google play gift cards a month from work, and loads from Mpoints and Swagbucks (i cash out i-toons and trade a friend for google play))

    hey Dev's. If you can get to my ticket today and get me my black cover, i promise to buy at least 2 additional covers for it....
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    man I wish I had a cash flow for the game like that. couple of months ago I bought a stark and put 7500 of it on thor/loki. have 6500 left and it slowly dwindles. only bought 1 cover since - my 5th red on cap. not sure i'll ever spend on a cover again unless it's to finish a critical ability on a top guy (fist, cage, etc.)

    I agree they should allow cover trading and respec'ing of token pulls. they should cost half of what the cover costs itself in hp (625 for ***s). all rank awards should be set, but they could implement some color option awards - that would be nice.
  • MalcrofMalcrof GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    man I wish I had a cash flow for the game like that. couple of months ago I bought a stark and put 7500 of it on thor/loki. have 6500 left and it slowly dwindles. only bought 1 cover since - my 5th red on cap. not sure i'll ever spend on a cover again unless it's to finish a critical ability on a top guy (fist, cage, etc.)

    I agree they should allow cover trading and respec'ing of token pulls. they should cost half of what the cover costs itself in hp (625 for ***s). all rank awards should be set, but they could implement some color option awards - that would be nice.

    Find someone who uses i-toons, i have android, so i have no use for it, and you can earn i-toons gift cards so easily it isn't funny... heck, just install MPlaces and you can easily get $20 a month.. and trade them to someone for google play, or cash out for amazon etc...

    Also, swagbucks, if you have the time, same deal, loads of gift cards that only cost your time.
  • PuceMoosePuceMoose Posts: 1,341 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Black Panther was 5/5/3 for... a year, maybe? I can't remember when he was originally released. The DDQ with his black cover as the reward finally let me move to 5/4/4... almost there! Hopefully it won't be another year before another black Black Panther claws his way out of a token for me.
  • mjhmjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    man I wish I had a cash flow for the game like that. couple of months ago I bought a stark and put 7500 of it on thor/loki. have 6500 left and it slowly dwindles. only bought 1 cover since - my 5th red on cap. not sure i'll ever spend on a cover again unless it's to finish a critical ability on a top guy (fist, cage, etc.)
    I am completely against buying covers however If I did it would not be them.

    icon_thor.png (3 or 4*) icon_loki.png and icon_captainamerica.png, you sir are 100% buying the wrong covers for this game.

    Still waiting for a red username to comment about this.
  • CT1888CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    AARGH! Why am I playing Heroic Juggernaut??? Yes there is a yellowflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png at the end, but am I really going to get there???
    AARGH! Scaled up Juggernaut, I hate you after two nodes already!
    AARGH! 2 standard tokens for all those headbutts!
    AARG... blackflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png? Why thank you.

    True story
  • I came in here expecting some fun black panther facts and have yet to read any so I will get the ball rolling.

    DID YOU KNOW......

    "He tried using the name Black Leopard to avoid connotations invoking the Black-militant political party the Black Panthers."
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    man I wish I had a cash flow for the game like that. couple of months ago I bought a stark and put 7500 of it on thor/loki. have 6500 left and it slowly dwindles. only bought 1 cover since - my 5th red on cap. not sure i'll ever spend on a cover again unless it's to finish a critical ability on a top guy (fist, cage, etc.)
    I am completely against buying covers however If I did it would not be them.

    icon_thor.png (3 or 4*) icon_loki.png and icon_captainamerica.png, you sir are 100% buying the wrong covers for this game.

    Still waiting for a red username to comment about this.
    it seemed to work for me. thor and loki were my first 2 top tier guys to get close to usable and I couldn't get over the t100 hurdle in pvp with my ** bunch - ares/obw could only take me so far. I immediately started placing t100 every pvp and that investment probably has resulted in well over 30 covers over the last 2-3 months (several t25s, t100s all but 1 event, and several extra tokens for 650 progressions, plus higher ranks for end of season). cap red was for enemy of the state (right after ultron) when hulkbuster was on the line. the 5th red was critical for me making t50 and landing the hulkbuster cover and ultimately making goon nodes trival since then. so I'm pretty satisfied with my investment. I'd be interested in what you thought was worth spending on...

    or maybe you were just being sarcastic and my sarcmeter is faulty...
  • mjhmjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    I'd be interested in what you thought was worth spending on...

    Covers for #1 characters.

    Currently it's a mixed bag between icon_ironfist.pngicon_ironman.png HB and icon_professorx.png

    Previously it was icon_wolverine.png XF, icon_thor.png goddess, icon_sentry.pngicon_hood.png , icon_magneto.pngicon_wolverine.png patch, and icon_spiderman.png to name a few. In D3s eyes they needed a nerf but they were miles above the rest. Those characters were worth buying covers for if you got them early, way before the nerf to reap rewards for as long as possible.

    To make this post relative to the topic, icon_blackpanther.pngblackflag.png is 100% not worth buying covers for as you don't see him much even though he is powerful. He won't boost you like previously mentioned characters did and his 4 > 5th blackflag.png cover only nets you +700dmg per enemy when fully maxed
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    I'd be interested in what you thought was worth spending on...

    Covers for #1 characters.
    cool, since I didn't have any of those that were worth anything 2 months ago (2 didn't even exist and fist had just come out) I guess I should have just waited and would be better off without the 30+ covers my investment got me. dang. what a waste of my money....

    and you say imhb is worth it, but my red cap basically earned me a imhb cover without which I would not have finished t50 (very competitive bracket finished 47th), so I basically got a red cap and a imhb for my money. what a waste.
  • Both my BP and Patch have a yellow color strength of 61. However, no matter what order I line them up in, BP is always tanking yellow. Is there a reason I can't swap one with the other, or is BP simply just leveled too high that he can no longer lurk in the shadows...?
  • OnesOwnGriefOnesOwnGrief Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    fcpremike wrote:
    Both my BP and Patch have a yellow color strength of 61. However, no matter what order I line them up in, BP is always tanking yellow. Is there a reason I can't swap one with the other, or is BP simply just leveled too high that he can no longer lurk in the shadows...?
    Highest level take priority when same strength. Though it may not actually be same strength because percentages.
  • That's what I thought! bc Patch is 166 and BP 120, but BP will always tank yellow. Strange. Thanks!
Sign In or Register to comment.