*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

1282930313234»

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    fcpremike wrote:
    Both my BP and Patch have a yellow color strength of 61. However, no matter what order I line them up in, BP is always tanking yellow. Is there a reason I can't swap one with the other, or is BP simply just leveled too high that he can no longer lurk in the shadows...?
    Highest level take priority when same strength. Though it may not actually be same strength because percentages.

The % is the skill priority. Only when 2 characters have same tile strength, level and rarity will position matter

Because BP's primary color is yellow he will tank it over Patch. What I don't know is where rarity sits in rank. Say you had 4hor with yellow at 61 as well as your bp. I'm not sure who takes it, my gut says 4hor because she's a higher rarity
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Because BP's primary color is yellow he will tank it over Patch. What I don't know is where rarity sits in rank. Say you had 4hor with yellow at 61 as well as your bp. I'm not sure who takes it, my gut says 4hor because she's a higher rarity

There's a hidden decimal point - it's whoever has the higher number in that decimal point, and position won't affect it unless they're identical, which they're generally not at different rarities.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I have to say that BP is probably the only character in the game who has a skill that I can't be bothered to use even if he is the only one using that color and I have the AP. Outside of survival nodes the Blue is just too damn slow and lackluster to be of real use in any way.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to say that BP is probably the only character in the game who has a skill that I can't be bothered to use even if he is the only one using that color and I have the AP. Outside of survival nodes the Blue is just too damn slow and lackluster to be of real use in any way.

This skill needs a tweak and can be fixed in 1 of 2 ways.

1. Make the CD tile placeable on another blue tile
    2. Keep it random but have it create a defense tile in addition to the CD

8AP for, "Hope this works" isn't a good investment
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's very unimpressive... But when the protect tiles start coming out you can say goodbye to match damage at least.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    It's very unimpressive... But when the protect tiles start coming out you can say goodbye to match damage at least.
    That's true, but it takes quite a bit of time before I have 8AP to fire the power (since I'm certainly not going out of my way to collect them) and when I fire it, it takes two turns to get one Protect Tile if the countdown tile doesn't get matched away. And then two more turns until the protection starts to be of worth unless the first tile gets matched away. And at that point the match starts to be over or close to it so saying goodbye to match damage isn't of much worth.

The maximum of four or five that it has is ridiculous as getting there without them being matched away means that I'm fighting goons and they don't do match damage (when they do damage, the protect tiles are of no worth).

It's just crazy badly designed power.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's just crazy badly designed power.
    while I agree that is mostly useless except in very rare cases, if you replace it with a super strong ability, the character overall becomes overpowered. imagine panther with an automatic cage red protect (except on blue). that would be scary. to me his other powers make up for it. plus I usually run him with a blue user (cmags for example), but not always.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    While he could be overpowered with a much better blue, tweaking it so that you got your first tile alongside the initial countdown tile would seem a lot fairer.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    While he could be overpowered with a much better blue, tweaking it so that you got your first tile alongside the initial countdown tile would seem a lot fairer.

Definitely. Cmags gets 9x53=477 in protects instantly for just one more ap. I don't think you'd be unbalancing BP by giving that first 140 protect with the cd. Just like how punisher needs that first attack tile with his black.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    agree with you guys. that would be better without breaking him and would be nice. I just think it is nowhere on their radar with all the focus on 4*s and 5*s. even word of a new story event coming - go figure.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Quick poll, worth 107k for me to take him from 120 to 166 and champion? It gives me an LT and I have him at 553, so it would also mean a free respec to 5 black. It would take all my ISO, but seems worth it right?

Other options are to champ Cpt Marvel / Mystique for 60k each instead, but I still have time to get one more of them done in the next 10 days anyway
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bobbyfish wrote:
    Quick poll, worth 107k for me to take him from 120 to 166 and champion? It gives me an LT and I have him at 553, so it would also mean a free respec to 5 black. It would take all my ISO, but seems worth it right?

Other options are to champ Cpt Marvel / Mystique for 60k each instead, but I still have time to get one more of them done in the next 10 days anyway
    He's going to be boosted next week and he's one of the better 3* even before boosts, so I think you'll be able to capitalize on that ISO investment.
    This said without having any idea what your roster looks like.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    bobbyfish wrote:

BP is far better than Cpt Marvel and Mystique, like better than both of them together icon_razz.gif, AND you need 5 in black so that free respec would help you a lot. So yeah, if you are not yet in 4 land (where you would be better using the iso for 4s), then do it, he is a very solid inversion.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    thanks both. My 4*s are almost read to level, so I was saving the ISO for HB (3/5/3 lvl 166) but I think I'll go ahead with Panther if he's boosted and then see how I feel re: HB next. Looking forward to this 5 blackflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png action!

Roster is in the link if interested. X23, Antman and Fury can also go to around 200