The Hunt: Ares

Comments

• I slacked off and for once, rubberbanding didn't save my ****. Glad I didn't need any of the prizes though. Got 1st in the last sub pretty easily and considering the HP prize, I regret not attempting to go for it in any previous sub.
  • I missed top 2 by 300 points. The 2 that were up there stayed one step ahead of me the entire time.
  • I didn't get my rewards for one of my sub missions. ****
  • Finished top 2 is last 2 sub events, and top 10 overall.... The 500 HP prize is very nice... Although I am tired of the grind...Hope there is a break before next big event...
  • ...I got 4th. I lost in the last 30 mins. IW eludes me again. I hate rubberbanding with every ounce of my being right now.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Koolbiird wrote:
    ...I got 4th. I lost in the last 30 mins. IW eludes me again. I hate rubberbanding with every ounce of my being right now.

Sorry, I was wondering if you were even online, since you had been close to the top for most of the week.

But yeah, not having IW would make it almost impossible to win. I'm impressed you even got 4th.
  • Koolbiird wrote:
    I hate rubberbanding with every ounce of my being right now.
    Rubberbanding was extremely tame from my experience.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Koolbiird wrote:
    I hate rubberbanding with every ounce of my being right now.
    Rubberbanding was extremely tame from my experience.
    Yeah, with the way it's set up this time, the jockying for the top few slots has basically no rubberbanding
  • I have to admit rubberbanding wasn't that bad; but when there's an hour left and Nemek knocks down 3000+ points in 15 min and all I could get was 50+ a match....I blame rubberbanding lol. In all seriousness, I enjoyed it. I was feeling myself ALL DAY until the last hour. Glad it was a fellow forum member. I congratulate you on your victory!
  • Of the pve so far I think I like the way this one was set up best. The rubberbanding is all in the form of the sub events and so its a mix of grinding and rubberbanding that determines the winner of the main bracket and not one or the other. Probably.more like grinding wins the main and rubberbanding the subs. Heck, the subs were arguably a better net reward than the main in a way. Lots of errors with the event and its lvls this time though.
  • The event was set up great. I was solidly in 1st/2nd for the entire week, missed one rotation which caused my lead to slip, and it ended up being an extremely heated race between me and someone else for the 2nd spot (which I won!). Rubberbanding was barely an issue, I just grinded whenever I could and it was good enough, unlike the last couple events.
  • Spoit
    I personally preferred the single, unbracketed main event area, it gave more wiggle room in getting the top level reward
  • The problem with this setup is that if you missed a sub bracket for whatever reason there's almost no way to come back in the main bracket. Granted the sub bracket award seem better than the main bracket anyway, but I don't think it's a good idea to have no chance of ever catching back up in the main bracket if you missed a sub bracket.
  • Spoit
    Phantron wrote:
    The problem with this setup is that if you missed a sub bracket for whatever reason there's almost no way to come back in the main bracket. Granted the sub bracket award seem better than the main bracket anyway, but I don't think it's a good idea to have no chance of ever catching back up in the main bracket if you missed a sub bracket.
    There was someone who mentioned having to skip a day upthread. Wonder how badly it ended up hurting him
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Red ares cover just dont like me i guess o.o
    But a black and a green one for Frank make me love this event ^^"""

I honestly have to say i liked this event, even if the rubberbanding was a bit strange lol.
    I liked, that u didnt have to grind all the quests over and over again.. makes it possible for less frequent players to get nice rewards icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Not bad. Kinda boring due to re usage of stages though
  • lol I overslept the end of the event icon_e_biggrin.gif
    didn't even started savage land, got 3 standard tokens ( :-/ ) in Florida and ended top 60 in general... Goodbye those last Punisher covers I needed...

this really sucks that those events end without taking into consideration ppl from EU - it's usually 6pm or 6am...
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    It couldn't have ended any worse for me. Last two events ended in the middle of the night and I got dumped from rank 30 in the overall event to someplace in the top 150 bracket. No punisher cover for me and I really needed it. This really sucks, because I played every single sub event, 3 or 4 times. Even with that level of participation I had trouble getting even into the top 50s in the sub events, because I didn't have IW and I couldn't beat the 240 fights and so many sub events ended in the night. I have a 5/3/5 Ares now, but initially I didn't even want to level him. It's just very very disappointing to me, it feels like the whole week was a waste. Please don't let there be a re-run, all the Ares covers from the sub events would be useless now.
  • Won both of the last subs and my main. Feel kind of bad because I'm going to sell the Punishers but needed the IW. The infusion of HP was really nice too
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Emeryt wrote:
    lol I overslept the end of the event icon_e_biggrin.gif
    didn't even started savage land, got 3 standard tokens ( :-/ ) in Florida and ended top 60 in general... Goodbye those last Punisher covers I needed...

this really sucks that those events end without taking into consideration ppl from EU - it's usually 6pm or 6am...

Thankfully (or sadly) I am between jobs right now and have free time. This was the first (and last event) I stayed up until the end (7am - woke up 11am). It was brutal. I wanted the Punisher covers so I wasn't willing to risk by skipping too many rotations and benefit from the rubberbanding. I wonder how high someone could get if he played only the last day. I placed in top 30 (around 20) with ~77k points. So close to the final reward, but with the missed rotations and the missions I couldn't complete (high level of IW requirement) there was no way to catch up. I also lost the second place in a sub for less than 10 points in the last seconds, so that was another disappointment.

Now the Punisher is at 3/3/1 and 15 level. Not sure it was worth the time since I spend so much ISO on boosters during the event it will take 1-2 months to level him. Also without 5 red covers he doesn't seem that impressive. Is he good at high levels?

Edit: It would be great if they had regional servers (Europe-Africa, America, Asia). As things are, it is extremely difficult to make any progress when the events end 3am or 7am.