*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,907 Chairperson of the Boards
    How sick was the Morlun saga? That JMS guy wrote a damn good Spidey arc.

Also, HELLS YES to giving Web Bandages the much deserved flick and swapping it with something befitting the best Marvel hero ever.

I have a feeling the current Spider-Verse is going to be just as crazy if not even better!
    Mawtful wrote:
    This is an idea I can get behind.

I'm not sure if I've quite understood the power correctly but I love the idea of an ability that stacks on itself, becoming stronger but more expensive with each use.
    It's the sort of ability that I had in mind for dear old Spidey for a while - it's something that showcases his strength AND agility.

To clarify:
    Every attack will only cost 3 Yellow AP

So you collect 3 AP: launch First attack for 1000 damage
    Collect 3 AP again: launch Second attack for 1500 damage
    And so on.

So for example, if you were to get a cascade and receive 9 Yellow AP: You would be able to do 3 attacks for a total of 5000 damage. (1st attack + 2nd attack + 3rd attack)

I hope that clears things up although i think maybe i would have to tweak the numbers a bit as it maybe a bit too much attack power for Spidey.
    cactusrob wrote:
    Given how popular Spidey is I'm surprised we only have two versions (and one of those is bagman!).
    I thought we'd already have see. A star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png black suit version, or Iron Spidey, or Captain Universe model. Although I'd really like a Scarlet Spider, but that ain't going to happen.

i have my fingers crossed for a black suit 4* Spidey and Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly or Kaine) would totally be cool too!
    Red Panda wrote:
    I'm all for a Spider-Man buff, so here are some of my suggestions. His health can stay at 6800 since he's very good at mitigating match damage. The 8500+ HP guys take a while to build up AP for their best skills compared to the Web-Slinger. I'd tweak your attack suggestion to interact with web tiles the way Psylocke benefits from red strike tiles. Initial cost should be 7 or 8 Yellow AP, lowered by 1 for each web tile on the board (minimum cost 5 AP)

Sticky Situation - 8 AP (wow it's hard to write in yellow and have it be legible)
    Sticky Situation - 8 AP
    Spider-Man swings into action landing a devastating blow, dealing 85 damage. Costs 1 AP less per web tile on the board (minimum cost 5 AP)
    Level 2: Deals 120 damage
    Level 3: If target is stunned, deals an additional 50 damage
    Level 4: Deals 180 base damage
    Level 5: If target is stunned, deals an additional 80 damage
    Max Level: Deals 1200 base damage, if target is stunned deals an additional 600 damage

So it would be tricky to maintain yellow web tiles while trying to keep spamming the ability, so it shouldn't lead to an exploit. Maybe Blade's Nightstalker would turn this into a neat combo if the enemy's strongest color is yellow

Nice idea! Although i would prefer for it to be a bit higher on the attack power, at least 2000 range and a bit quicker say 7 AP with minimum cost at 4 AP.
    camichan wrote:
    I can get behind a spidey buff initiative. I endorsed this a few months back and cited this trading card I used to have showing spidey's stats:
    detail.jpg

Agree that it's yellow that needs to change. I prefer Red Panda's suggested Yellow skill to the that of the OP. Though both are exciting ideas, and I like the stacking idea where the move done differs on AP spent, I doubt potentially high damage moves at such low (3) AP costs are unlikely to get implemented for risk of exploitation and being over-powered -- reminiscent of C Mags red. A more moderate 5AP cost skill will likely be favored. Imagine a 3AP damage move like that with strike tiles (Daken, Blade/Patch/Thor, Spidey). In any event, I imagine the devs would want to give the skill rewrite the old college try and I'd be all for it, as long as Spidey gets the respect he deserves. I should add though, that the same, correct, rationale applied here can also be made for the Incredible Hulk. It he's really in a class above even Lazy Thor in strength, then he is getting the short end of the stick in this game indeed, 'tis a pity. I'd love to see a Hulk red and maybe green buff as well eventually. You gotta love the tried and true Marvel staple super heroes.

Totally see what you mean about it potentially being more of a Hulk move. After thinking it over some more, i do think it is a bit overpowered and will have to tweak the numbers but i want to keep it a low AP move to capture how Spidey fights.
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Heh, I just posted this in the official Spiderman character thread - seems appropriate to replicate it here!

*EDIT* Just because it's appropriate, I remember that I was idly thinking about some power changes to him earlier - to rework his yellow and tweak his blue a bit. Random ideas:
    All Tied Up - Blue 5 bluetile.png
    Spider-Man slings webs, stunning the enemy for 1 turn. He then adds a Yellow Web tile to the board.
    Level 2: +1 turn of stun if 3 Web tiles exist. Drains 1 AP in the targeted enemy's strongest color.
    Level 3: +1 turn of stun if 2 Web tiles exist. Steals 1 AP in the targeted enemy's strongest color.
    Level 4: +1 turn of stun if 1 Web tile exists. Drains 1 AP in the targeted enemy's strongest color, then steals 1 AP in the targeted enemy's strongest color.
    Level 5: +1 or +2 turns of stun when 1 or 2 Web tiles exist. Steals 2 AP in the enemy's strongest color.

Yellow:
    yellowflag.png 9
    Web Slam
    Spiderman uses his powerful web-spinners to sling the targeted enemy into the rest of the enemy team.
    Level 1: Deals 10% of the targeted enemy's current health in damage to the rest of the enemy team, then deals 150 damage to the targeted enemy.
    Level 2: Deals 13% of the targeted enemy's current health in damage to the rest of the enemy team, then deals 175 damage to the targeted enemy.
    Level 3: Deals 16% of the targeted enemy's current health in damage to the rest of the enemy team, then deals 200 damage to the targeted enemy.
    Level 4: Deals 19% of the targeted enemy's current health in damage to the rest of the enemy team, then deals 225 damage to the targeted enemy.
    Level 5: Deals 25% of the targeted enemy's current health in damage to the rest of the enemy team, then deals 250 damage to the targeted enemy.
    Max Level: 1850 base damage

Haha nice! I like the Web Slam idea!! Thanks for sharing! icon_e_smile.gif
    raziel777 wrote:
    Spidey is not healer, I would change yellowflag.png to offensive move (he should have one...) with average damage, but keep increasing with amount of web.png on board.
    blueflag.png is fine, let it be.
    purpleflag.png - it's not bad, but it is spider-sense, not spider-web-protect... Maybe add to this skill something like: whene there is enemyprotect.png tile on board, spider has 15% to avoid any damage and for every next enemyprotect.png on board add 5% to avoid (for maximum 30%).

As OnesOwnGrief pointed out that would be a lot trickier with the purple. i prefer they keep it as it is but i understand the sentiments of your critique.
    So, forget about end times, MMR, sharding, 3rd powers, nerfs, buffing worse characters such as IW, new PVE's, new game modes, etc., etc. Buffing spider-man is the priority? Really?

So by your logic....I'm guess Bag-Man is second in line, and then the next priority is 4* black suit spidey?

Oh silly stephen, i'm guessing you browsed through my post and hey i don't blame you it's a bit long. No i don't expect the devs to drop what they're working on now just to buff my favorite super-hero. Just with reaching the ideal spec and the current Spidey pVp it seemed like a good time to provide a friendly reminder that there are those of us that want to, you know, actually use Spidey beyond his pVp and when buffed for pVe. i have read comments such as "Is Spider-Man useless" and "I only use Spider-Man when I have to" every now and then, and honestly it makes me sad because Spidey is both an awesome character and one of the more fun heroes around. i love this game and i'm a patient dude so this is an issue i will bring up occasionally when i feel appropriate or worthwhile.
    Well Mr founder, president, leader, sir, sign me up to join. SpiderMan's purple and blue are fine. He always feels the need to protect others, so the protect tiles work. But for blue, I'd make it more of a "Web in place" than a stun. Instead of turning the opponents a blue shade, I would make it look as though they were covered in webbing. But it's fine as is I guess, it has the same affect either way and to change it might require a bit of work. But his yellow most definitely needs to be a damage dealing ability. His spider strength is part of who he is. Part of his core character. Why would the devs ever ignore that?

Even before true healing, his yellow was misplaced. I can think of a few times that, yes, Spiderman has used his webs to make bandages, but it would take me a bit of time to search through some comics to find an example. But examples of his strength can be found in just about every issue. Pick up a random copy a Spidey comic and you'll see him using his strength. You can't say that about him making bandages because it doesn't happen that often.

And if they do give Spidey a damage ability, I really hope they leave it as yellow. As was pointed out, we can use another yellow damage. If they do change it though, it should be red and NOT green. 1) too many green damage abilities as it is, and 2) red is more of a Spidey color. Green just does not work for Spiderman. His greatest enemy Goblin, yes, Spidey, no.

As for a 4 star.png Spidey, I'd have to vote for the suit Tony Stark made for Peter just before Civil War.
    b3oykht.png?2

Nice! You JCTthe3rd81 are on the team!! Let's hope they give him a really cool power!!v(*'-^*)-☆
    Lidolas wrote:
    Reporting for duty, sir!

I love the idea of changing yellowflag.png to do damage. I like the song reference, and the increased damage. Part of Spidey's fighting ability is moving from bad guy to bad guy. Maybe depending on webs out, He hits the second and the third guys for partial damage as well. The best scene of ASM2, IMO, was the end, swinging the manhole cover at Rhino. I'd love to see that in the game.

That is an awesome idea!! And yeah i definitely thought the swinging manhole cover move was super cool too! Maybe that would be better than the car slam at the end! You know what? I'm going to change it to that haha Great to have you on the team!!

i'm glad to have so many awesome people join the Buff Spider-Man Brigade!! Despite the naysayer, let's continue looking forward to the day Spidey gets an attack power!! And of course, anyone that has other ideas or comments or wants to sign up, please do!! i will continue to add to the idea list as time permits! Till then!
  • Red Panda wrote:
    I'm all for a Spider-Man buff, so here are some of my suggestions. His health can stay at 6800 since he's very good at mitigating match damage. The 8500+ HP guys take a while to build up AP for their best skills compared to the Web-Slinger. I'd tweak your attack suggestion to interact with web tiles the way Psylocke benefits from red strike tiles. Initial cost should be 7 or 8 Yellow AP, lowered by 1 for each web tile on the board (minimum cost 5 AP)

Sticky Situation - 8 AP (wow it's hard to write in yellow and have it be legible)
    Sticky Situation - 8 AP
    Spider-Man swings into action landing a devastating blow, dealing 85 damage. Costs 1 AP less per web tile on the board (minimum cost 5 AP)
    Level 2: Deals 120 damage
    Level 3: If target is stunned, deals an additional 50 damage
    Level 4: Deals 180 base damage
    Level 5: If target is stunned, deals an additional 80 damage
    Max Level: Deals 1200 base damage, if target is stunned deals an additional 600 damage

So it would be tricky to maintain yellow web tiles while trying to keep spamming the ability, so it shouldn't lead to an exploit. Maybe Blade's Nightstalker would turn this into a neat combo if the enemy's strongest color is yellow

Nice idea! Although i would prefer for it to be a bit higher on the attack power, at least 2000 range and a bit quicker say 7 AP with minimum cost at 4 AP.

If you recall when they nerfed Spider-Man, Modern Storm, CMags etc. the devs said the lowest cost for skills would be 5 AP. I used values between She-Hulk's Power of Attorney & Psylockes Psychic Knife to come up with a reasonable progression to make the 4th & 5th covers interesting enough to consider respeccing
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    This is an idea I can get behind.

I'm not sure if I've quite understood the power correctly but I love the idea of an ability that stacks on itself, becoming stronger but more expensive with each use.
    It's the sort of ability that I had in mind for dear old Spidey for a while - it's something that showcases his strength AND agility.

To clarify:
    Every attack will only cost 3 Yellow AP

So you collect 3 AP: launch First attack for 1000 damage
    Collect 3 AP again: launch Second attack for 1500 damage
    And so on.

So for example, if you were to get a cascade and receive 9 Yellow AP: You would be able to do 3 attacks for a total of 5000 damage. (1st attack + 2nd attack + 3rd attack)

I hope that clears things up although i think maybe i would have to tweak the numbers a bit as it maybe a bit too much attack power for Spidey.

Thanks for the clarification - although that definitely makes the ability ridiculously overpowered. I like the idea though, and started thinking about how it could be made to work. Eventually I realised that Psylocke has already given us the ground work. What's more, her ability is Red, and I started to think about a Red, Blue, Black Spider-Man, so that his ability colours mirrored his outfit colours.

redflag.png/ yellowflag.png Thwip! Thwip! Thwip! 8 AP.
    Deals damage, generates a web tile (random basic tile). For each Web Tile in play, damage is increased slightly and cost is reduced by 1. Minimum of 5 AP. I think this keeps the spirit of the spammable attack move. Psylocke is dropping strike tiles, so each use of her Red gets that bonus Strike damage from the use before. But Webs don't act like that, so I've incorporated a slight increase in damage to this ability based on Webs in play. I think this actually helps showcase Spidey's strength - his webs aren't actually helping Thor or Hulk hit any harder.

blueflag.png With Great Power. 6 AP.
    This is like an inverse version of All Tied Up, it clears the board of Web Tiles to Stun an opponent. I liked the name that you proposed, so I wanted to use it somewhere, and this ability is actually about making a choice since it takes all webs off the board. Stun duration should increase for each web removed, capping at 3 turns. I think it could be possible to increase to a team wide stun at Rank 5. I'd propose something like the following.

Rank 1: Clears all web tiles and stuns target for 1 turn.
    Rank 2: Clears all web tiles and stuns target for 1 turn for every 2 web tiles. Maximum stun 3 turns. (6 web tiles for max stun)
    Rank 3: Stun duration increased by 1. (So guaranteed 1 turn stun, +1 for every 2 webs. 4 webs needed for max stun)
    Rank 4: Clears all web tiles and stuns target for 1 turn for each web tile. Maximum stun 3 turns. (3 webs for max)
    Rank 5: Stuns enemy team for 1 turn. Clears all web tiles and stuns target for an additional 1 turn for each web tile. Maximum stun 4 turns. (3 webs for max)

blackflag.png/ purpleflag.png Spider-Senses. Passive.
    A minor rework of Spider-Senses. Converts webs into shields - so once more, you've got to weigh up how you want to use those webs.
    Whenever a web tile is included in a friendly match, that tile is converted into a friendly (existing colour) protect tile.
    Whenever Spider-Man is attacked, he is moved to the back of the lineup. Clears all web tiles and creates a random black protect tile. If no webs exist, creates a random web tile instead. This is a double-barrelled ability, but I wanted to round out all the possible ways to interact with the web tiles.

So that's my take on a hybrid brawler/support Spider-Man, who's swapping between the front and the back. The reliance on webs might even be enough to drop the cost of his Red/Yellow another point lower.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Mawtful wrote:
    blueflag.png With Great Power. 6 AP.
    This is like an inverse version of All Tied Up, it clears the board of Web Tiles to Stun an opponent. I liked the name that you proposed, so I wanted to use it somewhere, and this ability is actually about making a choice since it takes all webs off the board. Stun duration should increase for each web removed, capping at 3 turns. I think it could be possible to increase to a team wide stun at Rank 5. I'd propose something like the following.

Rank 1: Clears all web tiles and stuns target for 1 turn.
    Rank 2: Clears all web tiles and stuns target for 1 turn for every 2 web tiles. Maximum stun 3 turns. (6 web tiles for max stun)
    Rank 3: Stun duration increased by 1. (So guaranteed 1 turn stun, +1 for every 2 webs. 4 webs needed for max stun)
    Rank 4: Clears all web tiles and stuns target for 1 turn for each web tile. Maximum stun 3 turns. (3 webs for max)
    Rank 5: Stuns enemy team for 1 turn. Clears all web tiles and stuns target for an additional 1 turn for each web tile. Maximum stun 4 turns. (3 webs for max).

I like this. At five covers it works like a cheap version of star.pngicon_blackwidow.png 's stun, based on webs.
  • Spidey has always been known as a hard target. His quickness has always been his greatest defense. I'm suggesting that he obtains the dodge ability originally given to modern Hawkeye. This will not only return him to highly usable status, but also make him more true to character!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was a frustrating ability at best. To me, his purple is his only really good skill he still has, I'd hate to see it changed. What he really needs is an offensive move!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    It was a frustrating ability at best. To me, his purple is his only really good skill he still has, I'd hate to see it changed. What he really needs is an offensive move!
    I agree whole heartedly. While Spiderman is traditionally a very evasive opponent due to his Spider Sense, he can also hit like a ton of bricks and can get back up after being hit by said bricks as well.

The problem with the current Spiderman isn't his Purple, it's his yellow. Give him a move that flings stuff at his opponents and can fling (play as destroy) web tiles for extra damage.

There are also more than one thread around here proposing various ways to fix Spiderman already.
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Agree his yellow should be updated. But how about his blue getting this in addition to current effect.

1- deal 300 dmg +10% for each webtile on the board.
    2- deal 300 dmg + 25% for each webtile on the board.
    3- deal 400 dmg + 25% for each webtile on the board.
    4- deal 400 dmg + 35% for each webtile on the board.
    5- deal 500 dmg + 50% for each webtile on the board.

Change name to web grenade and maybe make it 6ap.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spiderman's weakness is the web tile mechanic, because all 3 of his abilties are tied into it and he needs to cast unboosted skills to get them boosted, he's flawed. What they need to do is create a passive for Spidey that allows web tiles to be created similar to Blade and Daken, when a certain color is on the board in a certain amount spidey creates a webtile. I then would make blue cost a bit more, it still stuns, but you can place it on any basic blue tile and instead of creating a webtile he creates a CD tile that when resolves creates a protect tile that's strength is based upon the number of webtiles on the board. Essentially combine his purple and blue. For his yellow, I would scrap the whole team heal thing in favor of electric webbing which eats webtiles and does more damage based on the number of webtiles on the board.

this is what it would roughly look like

Electric Webbing - yellowtile.png 10
    Spidey springs a trap and shocks his foes with special webbing and SHIELD technology Damages the target for 198, and converts up to 2 friendly web tiles to basic tiles doing 100 damage per web tile converted.
    Level 2: Increases cleared web tile damage to 116.
    Level 3: Converts up to 3 web tiles (1460 Base Damage + 820 per web tile * 3 tiles = 3980 damage).
    Level 4: Converts up to 4 web tiles (1460 Base Damage + 820 per web tile * 4 tiles = 4820 damage).
    Level 5: Increases cleared web tile damage to 140 and stuns target for 1 turn (1460 Base Damage + 1022 per web tile * 4 tiles = 5548 damage).

All Tied Up - Blue bluetile.png 8
    Spiderman slings webs at the enemy. Stuns the target for 1 turns and transforms a chosen basic blue tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile that when resolved creates a protect tile strength 22 whose strength is increased upon the number of web tiles in play when created (2 tiles increase strength by 25%, max 8 tiles double strength).
    Level 2 – +1 turn of stun if 3 Web tiles exist
    Level 3 - +1 turn of stun if 2 Web tiles exist
    Level 4 - creates a 2 turn CD tile
    Level 5 - +1 or +2 turns of stun when 1 or 2 Web tiles exist.
    Max Level: 150 protect (max 300 if 8 or more tiles out when resolved)

Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman - Purple purpletile.png PASSIVE
    Spidey swings into acttion against If there are 12 or more purple tiles on the board, Spiderman converts a random basic purple tile to a web tile.
    Level 2: 11 purple tiles on the board
    Level 3: 11 red on the board, creates 2 web tiles
    Level 4: 10 purple, 2 web tiles
    Level 5: 9 purple, 2 web tiles or 10 purple 3 web tiles not sure would have to play test
  • He'd basically be usable, although probably not top tier, if his purple had "if there are no web tiles on the board, make a web tile" added to it
  • Phaserhawk
    gamar wrote:
    He'd basically be usable, although probably not top tier

that is the point icon_e_wink.gif
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Not really. Would be nice to have a top tier defensive character in the game.
  • Phaserhawk
    ark123 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    gamar wrote:

With the state of the game if order for a character to be top tier in defense he would have to be so overpowered it wouldn't be funny.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    gamar wrote:

With the state of the game if order for a character to be top tier in defense he would have to be so overpowered it wouldn't be funny.

Honestly, I'd like to see them do that. Make the buff to icon_invisiblewoman.png be so great in defense that she can actually be a real deterrent to people like Goddess of Thunder and X-Force. I'd also like new protect people as well! Make the shields be strong like icon_captainamerica.pngs Blue but cost less. Shields cost too damn much. Then the ones that are cheap are so worthless they don't stop anything. icon_spiderman.png is a great shield guy, but by having to match purpletile.png you become really limited. Unless you bring in a purpletile.png user you really are wasting a turn.
  • Nellyson wrote:
    Honestly, I'd like to see them do that. Make the buff to icon_invisiblewoman.png be so great in defense that she can actually be a real deterrent to people like Goddess of Thunder and X-Force. I'd also like new protect people as well! Make the shields be strong like icon_captainamerica.pngs Blue but cost less. Shields cost too damn much. Then the ones that are cheap are so worthless they don't stop anything. icon_spiderman.png is a great shield guy, but by having to match purpletile.png you become really limited. Unless you bring in a purpletile.png user you really are wasting a turn.

That would be a good use for her. It's part of her design but it's barely implemented. Her two main powers are protection and stealth. She should be able to do those things.

Invisibility doesn't work. It should be cheaper and place a countdown tile instead of a permanent thing. All of her abilities should be cheaper. It's not like she has to try very hard to use them. She should be the protect tile queen, as well as having a cheap ability that locks any tile you choose.

I mean, look at the other three 4* characters: they do awful, unfair things that will kill you. Why can't she do awful, unfair things that stop the killing?
  • IW should have a way to easily spit out huge protect tiles WITH a bubble around them, instead of the inexplicable "protect tile somewhere if there are any blues, bubble somewhere else".

Preferably something like Blade's tiles. Yes, it would be very powerful. She's a 4*. I don't see anything shot of this comparing to surgical.

Invisibility could work if it didn't have anything to do with tiles - just a flat stun-like effect that makes the character invisible for x turns. But it would have to do something else too. Maybe boost his match damage a bunch (since you can seriously hurt an opponent if you can hit him while invisible)

Edit - another idea would be a shield that prevented 100% damage to a character for a certain number of turns.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still dreaming about an update that removes the incomprehensible and - since true healing - useless Web Bandages for something offensive and more in line with the Spidey you see in the comics who can go toe-to-toe with the big guys and who refuses to back down in a fight.
  • Agamotto
    Agamotto Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I do not know if anyone else has thought of it or said it before, but I'll take it anyway. Since there is no character who really can handle traps so should Spiderman's spider sense work on those as well. I'm thinking of his purpleflag.png , if there is an x ​​number of traps on the table, he neutralizes an x ​​number, if not he lays out protect tiles instead. It might as well be his yellowflag.png . Neutralizes an x ​​number if there are traps on the table and heals an x number, if there are no traps he heals doubly like OBW blue. Spiderman feel any danger through his spider sense.

I like this one too http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21019
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are definitely enough trap powers out there now that there should be skills to interact with them, like those for other special tiles.

How about a skill that, for a smallish number of blue AP, disarms a random trap? At higher levels it does damage for the disarmed trap, and eventually disarms two or even three traps? One of its upgrades could also be to destroy traps instead of disarming them, giving some cascade potential -- at higher levels with this version, maybe it could generate AP for the destroyed trap tiles.

How about a skill that steals traps? Purple, of course.

How about a red skill that does damage to the enemy according to the total number of traps on the board, regardless of which team owns them?
  • Agamotto
    Agamotto Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    You're absolutely right. Disarm traps and subsequently damage depending on the level is much better than to neutralize them. Would be fun to see Spiderman do some damage than just being a character that is offensive.