Another hulk event?!?!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Not if everything is the same as the first time.
  • deadzpool wrote:
    So the final push started 8 hours ago. Will the points replenish again or not? Im at #153. icon_e_surprised.gif

Points don't replenish.

I'm at #8 and won't be moving which is nice.
  • Oh man. This just hurts. Finished up in 301st. I'm sure I'll slip back a bit but one more fight in the last round would likely have landed me in the top 300. If that is not bad enough, on the last all 240s fight I get a 1* token and cash it in and it is a red rags! Problem is that I maxed out red with 1250HP a few days ago. Sigh....

Still a great event but what a way to end... If they run it a third time I'm uninstalling icon_e_smile.gif
  • windfallstar
    Options
    greggray24 wrote:
    Oh man. This just hurts. Finished up in 301st. I'm sure I'll slip back a bit but one more fight in the last round would likely have landed me in the top 300. If that is not bad enough, on the last all 240s fight I get a 1* token and cash it in and it is a red rags! Problem is that I maxed out red with 1250HP a few days ago. Sigh....

Still a great event but what a way to end... If they run it a third time I'm uninstalling icon_e_smile.gif

Does anyone really want to play this event again? Although I wouldn't mind a few more hulk and punisher covers to help get mine closer to complete. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • greggray24 wrote:

Same. It was cool the first time, a bit of a chore the second time, and I will hate the third time. If they are still on holiday and have no other content prepared, at least re-run something else.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Is anybody else concerned that there is a growing expectation that there will almost always have a PvE event running?

I'd think it's fairly doubtful that we'll see a new event this week. It used to be that waiting awhile was pretty standard.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    In #64 right now. Isn't as good as my #10 place the first run, but good enough. I pretty much skipped the second to last set of submissions, so I can't complain.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Is anybody else concerned that there is a growing expectation that there will almost always have a PvE event running?

I'd think it's fairly doubtful that we'll see a new event this week. It used to be that waiting awhile was pretty standard.

I think there's an expectation of "something" in addition to lightning rounds, but not necessarily that.
  • Nemek wrote:

Agreed. I suspect it'll be awhile before we see a new event run... but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a re-run of something (perhaps one of the Heroic tournaments) in a week or two.
  • I'm over a thousand points behind the leaders (at this rate I won't make it to top 1,500). I don't quite understand it, because I'm certain that I scored over 10k points (over 61k) in this run than I did last time. I grinded my gears off for sure.

Where did all these points come from?
  • I'm over a thousand points behind the leaders (at this rate I won't make it to top 1,500). I don't quite understand it, because I'm certain that I scored over 10k points (over 61k) in this run than I did last time. I grinded my gears off for sure.

Grinding your gears off is neither necessary nor the key to doing well. It is all about timing. See Nemek's FAQ for info on playing optimally.

And I just slipped put of the top 300 with 20 minutes left. Oh well!
  • Misguided wrote:
    I'm over a thousand points behind the leaders (at this rate I won't make it to top 1,500). I don't quite understand it, because I'm certain that I scored over 10k points (over 61k) in this run than I did last time. I grinded my gears off for sure.

Grinding your gears off is neither necessary nor the key to doing well. It is all about timing. See Nemek's FAQ for info on playing optimally.

Grinding is fine, as long as part of that involves grinding in the last bit before each sub-event ends... otherwise you'll get trashed by rubber banding.

And you know you'll miss that awesome 4* Wolvie cover man. 15 strength strike tiles for a mere 300,000 ISO (guesstimate).

Sitting at 122. Expecting to slide about another 10 spots.
  • I woke up a little too late to maximize the second to last event and left some points on the table. 9 minutes left and I'm at 234. I'm expecting to drop out of the top 300, but we'll see.

EDIT: Managed to hang on in the top 300! Yay for useless 4* Wolvie cover! lol
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    I'm over a thousand points behind the leaders (at this rate I won't make it to top 1,500). I don't quite understand it, because I'm certain that I scored over 10k points (over 61k) in this run than I did last time. I grinded my gears off for sure.

Grinding is fine, as long as part of that involves grinding in the last bit before each sub-event ends... otherwise you'll get trashed by rubber banding.

And you know you'll miss that awesome 4* Wolvie cover man. 15 strength strike tiles for a mere 300,000 ISO (guesstimate).

Sitting at 122. Expecting to slide about another 10 spots.

I did follow the advice in that post. 61k points is no joke.

But oh my god, I played my last card and did the last mission in the very last 5 minutes.

I MADE IT!

TOP 1,500 AGAIN!

T I N Y F U C K Y E A H K I T T E H

This back to back PvE is the best. I got all these covers, Iso, and HP. Such happy. Much felicity. wow. Tiny Doge.