Another hulk event?!?!

Options

Comments

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just chasing the 500 ISO and token from each fight (without monitoring the meta score), which can be more time-consuming than it sounds! icon_lol.gif

Got 11 tokens this session, but the only non-1* from them was a single Espionage - at least I still need those, though.

Closing on 60k ISO however, with my grand goal being 70k - enough to level a new, or at least powered-up, 2* character to max. level next event.
  • Depleted 2/4 last stages amd now these 2 new ones are worth 8 points for me. See you next stage refresh lol
  • left 2 days and 18 hours left already reach 40k trophic point XD
    for sure this time will grab the red punisher 10k trophic point to go icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • Not quite 40k yet, but I think there's still time for a refresh.

I pulled a red cover for Ragnarok(!!!) from the last standard token from the Sudan missions. This tournament (both runs) are already worth it.

Thanks to the Iso rewards, I have a 64 Ragnarok 3/3, and a max Daken in the bargain.

If I place within the 2nd tier again, and with the Punisher progression reward... this double tournament has been most productive.

Even if Punisher and Hulk aren't world-beaters, they're definitely more interesting to use than Loki, Doom, and Hood (and IM40 for that matter).
  • true that... i manage pull out 2 yellow spidey from stardard pack which what i needed to speed up my character healing process XD
  • Man, bad grinding on my part. I'm going to finish higher than 1100 in Romania haha.
  • I'm guessing they didn't restrict eligible characters this time around because it was a global bracket but does anyone else miss the (I believe Venom) heroic event structure in which only certain heroes were available?

That one really forced me to use characters I never had before, specifically **Wolvie and OBW.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm guessing they didn't restrict eligible characters this time around because it was a global bracket but does anyone else miss the (I believe Venom) heroic event structure in which only certain heroes were available?

That one really forced me to use characters I never had before, specifically **Wolvie and OBW.
    You mean like the missions where you have to take punisher and the hulk?
  • Spoit wrote:
    I'm guessing they didn't restrict eligible characters this time around because it was a global bracket but does anyone else miss the (I believe Venom) heroic event structure in which only certain heroes were available?

Nah, that was new in the Hunt and I don't really have an opinion on that one way or the other.

I mean the event where the only heroes that were available were Wolvie, OBW, Spidey, cStorm, Cap and mHawkeye or something like that, don't remember exactly now. But they were the only ones available for every single mission.

EDIT: New PVE Event - Prologue Chapter 3: Venom Heroic Mode

- This event features a limited character selection. The available heroes are:
    Black Widow (Original), Captain America (Modern), Iron Man (Model 35), Juggernaut (Classic), Spider-Man (Classic), Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men), Wolverine (X-Force)
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh right. I forgot about that, with those missions with the ridiculously spammy maggia goons. Man, I almost forgot how impossilbe 230s were without a boosted wolvie (and the other characters I've gotten since)
  • Whee. Didn't bother grinding until the last hour (I'd done some missions, but I don't think I ground anything to zero before the end) and still wound up #194 at the start of the new missions.
  • Guaranteed myself a top 300 finish I think so I'll probably just do the missions now and then forget about the Hulk tourney finally.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can do the final missions multiple times it seems. It was not like this last time I think.
  • I ranked #54 and didn't grind at all for the last 3/4 days.
    Lots of people in very very few points though.
    Top 300 will come down to who can do the uber-difficult missions I guess?
  • poomermon wrote:
    I can do the final missions multiple times it seems. It was not like this last time I think.

It was.
  • poomermon wrote:

You could do them multiple times last time too, but they didn't give any points beyond first completion.
    Are they giving points multiple times now???
  • I grind so hard till there is no more point left in the previous mission... End up at # 8 in my bracket with an hour to spare.. Suddenly I back check after 45 minutes i got kicked back to #700++
    What the hell man!! Seriously no need work so hard but just let point stack based on rubber bending system then only farm at last minutes?? This is so sad and dissapoint for the people who try so hard to be at top #300 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Played the last hour to boost from the 2k ish rank to #9 before the break. Just checked to make sure...but the points, just like last time, go to zero after one match. So ..again...your placements are roughly what you see in front of you. (as long as you can do all missions).

Wonder how many ppl got punisher this time.
  • Spoit wrote:

That was one of the nice things about the rubberbanding in the Hunt. Even if you didn't have IW or couldn't beat those level 230 missions or whatever, you could still do well by playing the rubberband/grind correctly.
    But in the Hulk you just get locked out from certain point totals. Although it's kind of nice for me, since I have less to think about to place. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • If you were booted out of the top 300, chances are it was by someone who worked harder than you for the duration of the event. No amount of rubberbanding can beat optimal or high level playing.