Another hulk event?!?!

Options

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huh, so that cover I got was a bug? YOU CAN'T HAVE THE PRECIOUS IT'S MINE

I think I'm gonna take it a lot easier this go-around. Try to get some 500 ISO bonuses and 2*+ tokens, but not break my back to get in the top 300 again.
  • They took down the free Hulk Cover icon_e_sad.gif I was just about to do it, too!

I hope it's not locked when it comes back so I can get a secon(third actually) free hulk.
  • Spoit wrote:
    They took down the free Hulk Cover icon_e_sad.gif I was just about to do it, too!
    So if they fixed that, it means rerunning it is intentional, right?

Makes sense - which gives me mixed feelings. On the one hand, the free Hulk I snagged eases my frustration over the end of the (otherwise great) first run. On the other hand, I was actually kind of happy it was over so I could take a break - now I have to dive right back in!

(Yes, I do)
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    They took down the free Hulk Cover icon_e_sad.gif I was just about to do it, too!
    So if they fixed that, it means rerunning it is intentional, right?

Yes, I believe so. It's been up for quite a while now. I can't fathom why they might rerun it, but it does mean more rewards for us! Now we just have to make it to 50000000 again so everybody can have their second Hulk cover.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Options
    Errr.. i have to say THAT is something i consider unfair o.o
    So some thousand get a free cover and the rest get told they rnt good enough? O.o
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    nihilium wrote:
    Errr.. i have to say THAT is something i consider unfair o.o
    So some thousand get a free cover and the rest get told they rnt good enough? O.o

Well no, we just have to grind back to the point total again. Hopefully people will actually be willing to do this, as it was already a major grind...
  • Game is broke for me now, and I was trying to finish up for a reward in another event :/
  • Yes, shut down on me right when i clicked to start a battle
  • Hey all. Long time lurker - first time poster. Yes, I believe this is being run again intentionally, which is cool IMHO; it lets us refine our play on it, and those of us who just missed (by 103 points) the 50K mark, have a shot at it if we want again. But not for nothing - great ISO and tokens so might as well, plus some fun fights!
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    My Punisher has max red now though. Someone make the 50k cover a black!
  • Would anybody who scored over 50k points like to share his strategy? icon_e_smile.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't make 50k but only because I woke up late on the last morning and didn't grind the penultimate phase. I reckon I easily left 800 points on the board.

The key is to try to tap each phase out twice, once earlyish and once as close to the end as possible. Rubberbanding will cover some mised effort early in a phase, but points you don't get closing out a phase are essentially lost.
  • Ganghofer wrote:
    Would anybody who scored over 50k points like to share his strategy? icon_e_smile.gif

I did every single mission at least once, about half of them twice maybe a quarter of them three times and barely any more than that. In the end I was 900 away from 50k so I could have been there with 3 or 4 more missions done. I payed absolutely no attention to when I did the missions and when they refreshed (although when I say I did some twice those second times were after refreshes so I got 'max' point at least twice). I never tried to get max points from a single mission three times but from what others have said the missions refresh every 8 hours so I could have easily broken the 50k mark with a minimal amount of extra grinding.
  • I made it to 50k. I unlocked each event as it opened but didn't usually do more than a single mission till later, completed each event twice in a 24 hour period, once close to the 8ish hour mark and then again as close to 24 hours as possible. Didn't have a Punisher in the first couple of rounds, but picked up one eventually. I made sure to do my punisher events first and foremost to make sure I locked those points up since they are what separated me from the most people and had what seemed the best ROI.
  • This is great.

Truly, this makes me happy.

Let's dive in and do better!
  • Ultimate question is..after removing the free hulk quest...doe athat mean ppl who completed it basically will have 3 free green hulk? If I place the same and that is the case I will have a 5/2/2 just from this event+repeat...
  • Ultimate question is..after removing the free hulk quest...doe athat mean ppl who completed it basically will have 3 free green hulk? If I place the same and that is the case I will have a 5/2/2 just from this event+repeat...

And nobody will know until it unlocks again. Those who already did it may find that it's completed when it unlocks.
  • Darn, I missed the hulk cover. Sigh.....

Is everyone not doing the events? Is that why they are worth 3 and 4 points? What the heck?
  • Is everyone not doing the events? Is that why they are worth 3 and 4 points? What the heck?

It was like that the first time as well. Points skyrocketed after the hulk was unlocked.
  • Interesting. The first go around I just did all missions immediately.

After not hitting 50k and reading all the stuff here about rubber banding I don't know what to do.

I guess I will wait to play.