*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fyi, this is a fully charged whales in action
    I know my video taking skills (and overall technical skills) stink....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7TJCVCf9fE&list=UUlE-8Bd_-rXt4et4zTWsDqw

Edit - the dp in the video was level 102 with 3 purple covers.

A few things to note:

1. It took down a 7200 Rags with an underleveled DP
    2. The points build past that minimum threshold.

It looks like an "I win" button but you can't tell yet. Still pretty impressive.

On point 2, above. The points that build past the minimum threshold are used up or saved to get you closer to a second usage?

I currently am quite a bit over the minimum point threshold.
  • attention guys:

when one of your chars is below deadpools hp (his passive triggers) and the char is below the 30%/40% hp, and punishers red is used, deadpool will jump in front of it and will be killed, no matter how much hp he has.

just an info - i guess this is not intend, rather a bug...
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    coRexx wrote:
    attention guys:

when one of your chars is below deadpools hp (his passive triggers) and the char is below the 30%/40% hp, and punishers red is used, deadpool will jump in front of it and will be killed, no matter how much hp he has.

Hehe, I guess punisher's red and the damage processing are coded something like this:
    ( the game only shows damage to (0) not the actual damage done)
    onRetribution(Character enemy)
    {
        int damageDealt = scaled_punisher_red_dmg_formula_thing();
        if(enemy.health < = percent_threshold )
        {
              damageDealt = 99,999;
        }
       processDamage(damageDealt, enemy)
    }

processDamage(int damage, Character enemy) 
        {
             if(ITS_ME_DEADPOOL)
             {
                  Deadpool.health -= damage;
             }
             else
             {
                enemy.health -= damage;
             }
        }

• eidehua wrote:
    coRexx wrote:
    attention guys:

Hehe, I guess punisher's red and the damage processing are coded something like this:
    ( the game only shows damage to (0) not the actual damage done)
    onRetribution(Character enemy)
    {
     int damageDealt = scaled_punisher_red_dmg_formula_thing();
     if(enemy.health < = percent_threshold )
     {
     damageDealt = 99,999;
     }
     processDamage(damageDealt, enemy)
    }

processDamage(int damage, Character enemy) 
     {
     if(ITS_ME_DEADPOOL)
     {
     Deadpool.health -= damage;
     }
     else
     {
     enemy.health -= damage;
     }
     }

you sir, just have shown the right skills to get a job from d3. consider yourself employed icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • coRexx wrote:
    you sir, just have shown the right skills to get a job from d3. consider yourself employed icon_e_biggrin.gif

He does? Does that mean there's an error in the code?
  • eidehua
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    coRexx wrote:

The main idea of the pseudo code I wrote is that when damage is being processed, deadpool can jump in to take the damage. So why does deadpool die if another target is below the punisher threshold and deadpool is not? They just set the damage when punisher can insta kill to be an arbitrarily huge number instead of exactly the amount of health needed to down the original target so deadpool will die instead even though he may be above the threshold.
    (maybe this also works with Hawkeye avoid)
  • eidehua wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    coRexx wrote:

The main idea of the pseudo code I wrote is that when damage is being processed, deadpool can jump in to take the damage. So why does deadpool die if another target is below the punisher threshold and deadpool is not? They just set the damage when punisher can insta kill to be an arbitrarily huge number instead of exactly the amount of health needed to down the original target so deadpool will die instead even though he may be above the threshold.
    (maybe this also works with Hawkeye avoid)

(it was a joke about all the errors D3 seems to let slip in)
  • eidehua
    Ah I see lol. It was a bit confusing since I wrote the bug on purpose so of course my code there has an issue.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I have Deadpool, but I don't have his black, so I don't know how he should act.

When a weakened AI teammate of Deadpool takes damage, DP jumps in, absorbs the damage, and immediately heals. Is this how it should be? From the LotP description, I'd think I'd have the chance to attack his CD tile like I would Hulk's. Am I missing something, or maybe not paying attention? I think this happens while I'm still in my turn (i.e. not finished matching tiles).
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I believe it is indeed same as Anger. You can still match LotP away if you caused it with cascades or abilities without actually ending your turn.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree Deadpool doesn't really have a place in the featured + 2 realm.

I have been theorizing how to best use his black however in a 3 character event. My dream right now is to run Deadpool/Hood/CStorm as a defensive team in Balance of Power or Combined Arms. (Or SHIELD Simulator)

It's basically forcing people into the "who to kill first?" debate, along with having a perfect rainbow of several skills you don't want to go off. Deadpool dives in front of anyone taking a nuke, so you pretty much have to kill Hood first using just match damage. In addition to Deadpool's passive, you also have to avoid CStorm's passive on any nuke or match-5 crit. It's basically a race to kill Hood using wimpy match damage before he steals enough AP to ruin you.

The obvious counter is Daken, who gives free strike tiles. This works as long as you keep the amount of match damage below Deadpool/CStorm's passive thresholds.

I wouldn't expect the team to be a monster, but I'd be in it for the lol's whenever someone loses to it.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:

I have been theorizing how to best use his black however in a 3 character event. My dream right now is to run Deadpool/Hood/CStorm as a defensive team in Balance of Power or Combined Arms. (Or SHIELD Simulator)

It's basically forcing people into the "who to kill first?" debate, along with having a perfect rainbow of several skills you don't want to go off. Deadpool dives in front of anyone taking a nuke, so you pretty much have to kill Hood first using just match damage. In addition to Deadpool's passive, you also have to avoid CStorm's passive on any nuke or match-5 crit. It's basically a race to kill Hood using wimpy match damage before he steals enough AP to ruin you.

The obvious counter is Daken, who gives free strike tiles. This works as long as you keep the amount of match damage below Deadpool/CStorm's passive thresholds.

I wouldn't expect the team to be a monster, but I'd be in it for the lol's whenever someone loses to it.
    If you get Deadpool down to below Hood's AP, you can 1shot Hood. Even better if you have a really good Blue or Purple. AOE's also won't be stopped either so a BP can 1 shot Storm on Black. When Storm and Hood are down, there's no way to Deadpool to win unless he gets you low enough to finish with match damage or manages to gain Purple.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:

If you get Deadpool down to below Hood's AP, you can 1shot Hood. Even better if you have a really good Blue or Purple. AOE's also won't be stopped either so a BP can 1 shot Storm on Black. When Storm and Hood are down, there's no way to Deadpool to win unless he gets you low enough to finish with match damage or manages to gain Purple.

How exactly are you going to save enough for Panther's Rage or another nuke that strong while Hood is alive? Sure it's possible some of the time, but managing a single color of AP that well, even if you're good at it, isn't always possible. Let's say you make a black match. If there's not enough black on the board, it'll take you forever to get to 12. If there IS enough black on the board, Hood just stole one. A team-up would certainly work. A counter Hood would certainly work.

I'm not saying it's a dominant team. Just saying it'd be a lot of fun to play. (Like the Daken/Psy/Falcon team I used to reach 2400 in the SHIELD Sim.)
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Hood requires 9 tiles of a color to steal iit The best thing to do is focus on a single color so he won't be taking it. If you aren't taking other colors. He has nothing to steal. Fighting Hood is more simple then people think.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:

Let's not forget that Deadpool is currently very weak against Retribution...
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Totally forgot about Retribution but we should keep that in mind as well. 30-40% health, shoot weak character, Deadpool jumps in front and dies.
  • In case someone has missed the memo, Whales! Whales! Whales! is an awesome if rarely used ability. I used it 2 times by now; first to beat the hard and scaled X-Force node with the 2000 ISO prize in the recent Simulator (the goons fed AP to X-Force! How fair is that? I HAD to bring Wade).
    And just now in Loki's tourney. My boring Sentry team was dead, not that I consider Hood boring, but he may suffer thanks to Sentry publicity here - thanks, Sentry! - so I tried some cheating around towards my 900 Moonstone token and found it! 28000 Deadpool points, dropped like... a ton of whales.

Whales here >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H_wTcZOTk4

Oh yeah and my Deadpool is 5-1-2, lvl 104, so oBW steals purple for him (used her in PvE as well).
  • One thing that I don't know has been mentioned: if you have a Deadpool WWW teamup, you can use your Deadpool points on it. I did this in the Simulator to beat some tough opponents, so it's pretty handy to have one teamup and 28,000 points stored in case you need to beat one node.
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    I am currently at the stage where I'm transitioning from ** to ***, and I have a single DP cover occupying one of my character slots. Given his rarity, and the lack of any shake up in the "Heroic" tokens (in terms of available characters), can someone give me an idea where he's useful? While he may be useful for certain parts of PvE, the chances of me getting another cover are pretty close to nil.
    To rephrase, should I dump him in order to make room for someone useful?
  • It's hard to say exactly, in part because few people have him fully covered, and it's rare to fight him. One thing he has that has value - his purple skill, once you've saved up enough Deadpool points, can wipe out any team. And his other skills are pretty good. But he doesn't appear to be an a-list 3*, more middle-of-the-pack. He may get reevaluated later, once he's more common.