*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

1121315171832

Comments

  • Hi there!

    Now i have a 1/1/1 deadpool, and i consider to buy him the last covers with HP, but i am not really sure, how good he really is.
    As i am fairly new, i only have Sentry as a 3* with 3/5/5 and use him most of the time with 2*Thor and 2*Storm...

    I could throw out Storm for him, but as i said i am not really sure how high his powerlevel really is :/
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    coRexx wrote:
    Hi there!

    Now i have a 1/1/1 deadpool, and i consider to buy him the last covers with HP, but i am not really sure, how good he really is.
    As i am fairly new, i only have Sentry as a 3* with 3/5/5 and use him most of the time with 2*Thor and 2*Storm...

    I could throw out Storm for him, but as i said i am not really sure how high his powerlevel really is :/
    'Last covers' means you already have 10-11 covers for a character. Wait for it, better spend HP on slots and occasional shields.
  • Deadpool is nowhere near powerful enough to spend HP on for cover upgrade unless you just really like the character. Magneto/Sentry still easily dominates him (and anyone else) and he doesn't have anything that can possibly slow down either of those guys. But even in some hypothetical world where Magneto and Sentry didn't exist, at best he can be some kind of wild card in conjunction with The Hood, and he's got an awful matchup against the two regenerating characters (Patch/Daken) which are staple characters at the top end.
  • I'm one of the few who opt for 535 deadpool.

    If you really want to use his black effectively, pair him with hood.

    Naturally you want to kill off hood asap, usually using a fast cheap skill like laken's blue, psy's red and black etc. So Deadpool can protect him against those skills.

    However if you want to kill Deadpool first, not killing hood fast enough is a death wish really....
  • Phantron wrote:
    Deadpool is nowhere near powerful enough to spend HP on for cover upgrade unless you just really like the character. Magneto/Sentry still easily dominates him (and anyone else) and he doesn't have anything that can possibly slow down either of those guys. But even in some hypothetical world where Magneto and Sentry didn't exist, at best he can be some kind of wild card in conjunction with The Hood, and he's got an awful matchup against the two regenerating characters (Patch/Daken) which are staple characters at the top end.

    Thx. That was actually my opinion too.
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did the character hit by Sunder have more health than him at the time? He only protects people who are currently weaker than him.
  • Been using Deadpool as 5/5/3 With Thor and Daken have to say his RED makes a real difference even taking out Hulk easy. I think he is a good and wort it. Purple is fun but only if your taking tiles away from Magneto. The Black is useless if your in PVP or PVE all you have to do is attack Deadpool first and the ability is non existent. I think people don't see how good he really is all his abilities don't have to be good if you have him in the right team. In my Thor/Daken/Deadpool the only red useful is his. Also every one has Mags or Hood in PVP Deadpool's Red I cut them in Half (65%) by the 2nd round and hulk I like to save 2 red hits for him at the end then Thor and bye bye. If you have his covers try him he works if you can get past the fact he has one ability.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regardless of build they needed to reduce the threshold to activate black. 869 is wayyy to high. I think if should be around the 750 range. I think you want it tile 3 match + 6 Daken strike tiles. What's that ? 645? That seems about right, his black should be triggering more often or set it for if opponent would take 5% dmg of max health but it just needs to trigger more
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Regardless of build they needed to reduce the threshold to activate black. 869 is wayyy to high. I think if should be around the 750 range. I think you want it tile 3 match + 6 Daken strike tiles. What's that ? 645? That seems about right, his black should be triggering more often or set it for if opponent would take 5% dmg of max health but it just needs to trigger more
    You mean like hulk right. But still I think his Black need a total change because would you attack any one but Deadpool if he will just jump in front of your target to heal.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    dark6969 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Regardless of build they needed to reduce the threshold to activate black. 869 is wayyy to high. I think if should be around the 750 range. I think you want it tile 3 match + 6 Daken strike tiles. What's that ? 645? That seems about right, his black should be triggering more often or set it for if opponent would take 5% dmg of max health but it just needs to trigger more
    You mean like hulk right. But still I think his Black need a total change because would you attack any one but Deadpool if he will just jump in front of your target to heal.

    I think you guys are approaching this incorrectly. Think of deadpools black like hulks anger. It wasnt meant to actually proc against a competent player, the point of the ability is that it forces your opponent to nume down deadpool before any other character on your team. Deadpool is a 6800hp health buffer for everyone else on your team as a result of his black, and thats fine when you have squishies to protect.
  • Pwuz_Pwuz_ Posts: 1,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    dark6969 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Regardless of build they needed to reduce the threshold to activate black. 869 is wayyy to high. I think if should be around the 750 range. I think you want it tile 3 match + 6 Daken strike tiles. What's that ? 645? That seems about right, his black should be triggering more often or set it for if opponent would take 5% dmg of max health but it just needs to trigger more
    You mean like hulk right. But still I think his Black need a total change because would you attack any one but Deadpool if he will just jump in front of your target to heal.

    That's only IF Deadpool has more health than who you are attacking AND you are attacking with more power than that minimum threshold. Honestly it's not hard to play around as long as you pay attention to the health of who you are attacking. As long as Deadpool has 1 more point of health, you can strike someone else with a killing blow, and he will just stand there. The other option is to kill off Deadpool 1st.
  • People do make mistakes but making a mistake on Deadpool's black is just not that threatening. The threshold is so high that it can pretty much only be triggered against special moves unless facing Daken + Falcon. So most likely it'll look like you use Thunder Strike on someone and Deadpool jumps in, and then you just use Call the Storm on him and kill him first because he doesn't have enough HP to take a Call the Storm's main attack + Thunder Strike. Sure that's probably not the ideal order you want to use a Thunder Strike combo but dead is still dead. The upper limit of his usefulness is that maybe the opponent waste 1K of damage and kills slightly out of order. That doesn't make up for the fact that one of your slot is tied up on a guy who cannot ever kill anyone unless you have 5 purple matches. The only reason he'd be a threat is if you think the prospect of having to use a health pack against his red is enough to discourage people, but keep in mind the threat here is only health pack. Nobody should be afraid of actually losing.

    He also matches up extremely poorly on defense against the two regen characters. An early red on a regen character is meaningless, and depending on the order the AI uses the ability you have a 50% chance of failing to kill someone with two major moves, even though normally 2 major moves can kill any regen character. Let's say you have Daken or Patch and the opponent has 12y for Thunder Strike and 8r for Fireball. Although the two adds up to less than their total HP you can easily still die from the cascade, so you wouldn't want Patch or Daken to take both moves and this puts you in a bad spot. On the other hand if the moves are Thunder Strike and ALotP then it can never kill anyone if Thunder Strike is used first, so you can always use Patch or Daken to take both moves if you can see that ALotP will be used last. If not, it's slightly worse because ALotP has a higher base damage on a high health character but there's a 50% chance it'll be used last given the AI has no priority on order of moves.

    Yes defense is sort of a lost cause, but if you've Deadpool you forfeit a considerable amount of your chances to win even when you get extremely favorable boards to be able to fire off 2 major moves defensively. As long as Patch and Daken are top tier (and I don't see this changing anytime soon) there's nothing threatening about his red to these two guys.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    People do make mistakes but making a mistake on Deadpool's black is just not that threatening. The threshold is so high that it can pretty much only be triggered against special moves unless facing Daken + Falcon. So most likely it'll look like you use Thunder Strike on someone and Deadpool jumps in, and then you just use Call the Storm on him and kill him first because he doesn't have enough HP to take a Call the Storm's main attack + Thunder Strike. Sure that's probably not the ideal order you want to use a Thunder Strike combo but dead is still dead. The upper limit of his usefulness is that maybe the opponent waste 1K of damage and kills slightly out of order. That doesn't make up for the fact that one of your slot is tied up on a guy who cannot ever kill anyone unless you have 5 purple matches. The only reason he'd be a threat is if you think the prospect of having to use a health pack against his red is enough to discourage people, but keep in mind the threat here is only health pack. Nobody should be afraid of actually losing.

    He also matches up extremely poorly on defense against the two regen characters. An early red on a regen character is meaningless, and depending on the order the AI uses the ability you have a 50% chance of failing to kill someone with two major moves, even though normally 2 major moves can kill any regen character. Let's say you have Daken or Patch and the opponent has 12y for Thunder Strike and 8r for Fireball. Although the two adds up to less than their total HP you can easily still die from the cascade, so you wouldn't want Patch or Daken to take both moves and this puts you in a bad spot. On the other hand if the moves are Thunder Strike and ALotP then it can never kill anyone if Thunder Strike is used first, so you can always use Patch or Daken to take both moves if you can see that ALotP will be used last. If not, it's slightly worse because ALotP has a higher base damage on a high health character but there's a 50% chance it'll be used last given the AI has no priority on order of moves.

    Yes defense is sort of a lost cause, but if you've Deadpool you forfeit a considerable amount of your chances to win even when you get extremely favorable boards to be able to fire off 2 major moves defensively. As long as Patch and Daken are top tier (and I don't see this changing anytime soon) there's nothing threatening about his red to these two guys.

    You are correct again Phantron. The only way to really make black kinda work is to ensure that Deadpool tanks as few colors as possible, this will keep his health high and can help you save Health Packs on some squisher guys. His only value for me right now is protecting squishies or when making a push with a low health power house he will step in like for Thor. My only hope for Deadpool right now is that they fix his threshhold on black and lower it, or they either lower purple's cost or create a purple tile generator that could accelerate him, short of that, he's a decent red that can heal quickly after matches.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    You are correct again Phantron. The only way to really make black kinda work is to ensure that Deadpool tanks as few colors as possible, this will keep his health high and can help you save Health Packs on some squisher guys. His only value for me right now is protecting squishies or when making a push with a low health power house he will step in like for Thor. My only hope for Deadpool right now is that they fix his threshhold on black and lower it, or they either lower purple's cost or create a purple tile generator that could accelerate him, short of that, he's a decent red that can heal quickly after matches.

    Having a purple accelerator is dangerous because it can't be on green or blue or you can have an infinite loop with GSBW/Magneto MN. In general I don't trust D3 to think about all the interactions and having an infinite loop is one of those 'nothing good can possibly happen' balance things so I'd rather they just not touch this at all.

    I think the black should be halved for both threshold/heal values. Right now it's about 800 to trigger 1100 healed. Half that you get 400/550, which allows it to kick in on time against the strike tiles. It also needs do something else when he gets hit, something like lower the value of a strike tile by some fixed amount (influenced by his covers/levels) if Deadpool is directly targetted by an attack that is higher than the threshold.

    To be fair I don't think he's weak but he doesn't compare to the top tier right now that are downright broken. I think he needs something to make him more than just 'Hood's extra life bar'. I think it's just a bad way to balance things. You can make Phermone Rage generates 2X1 strike tiles, and Daken will still be a top tier PvE character because he's Falcon's best sidekick, but there's no way this is balanced, so even if Deadpool works as 'Hood's extra life bar', this should be avoided if at all possible.
  • edited August 2014
    I know my video taking skills (and overall technical skills) stink....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7TJCVCf9fE&list=UUlE-8Bd_-rXt4et4zTWsDqw

    Edit - the dp in the video was level 102 with 3 purple covers.
  • AdventfireAdventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    LMAO! I love that animation!
  • Lol awesome thanks for sharing!
  • eris-wtga wrote:
    Lol awesome thanks for sharing!

    Hopefully someone that knows what they're doing will put a "real" video up.
  • Good to know you don't have to blow the points if you don't want to
  • "Push me"

    Exactly what Deadpool would do!
Sign In or Register to comment.