*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

1141517192032

Comments

  • A Magneto nerf would bring him and Patch out of the top tier in all likelihood.

    Daken is likely to be nerfed because we've already seen the numbers before, though he's still quite powerful based on the last known numbers.

    Sentry is going to be at the top as long as World Rupture's interaction with strike tiles doesn't change, though it seems like it's got to happen at some point because World Rupture + strike tiles is just broken.

    If the above characters get weakened, Deadpool can be decent. He matches up poorly against regenerating character, but he matches up well against characters with a ton of HP and Thor/BP would probably be your top 'powerful guys with no drawback'. He'd still match poorly against Patch/Daken but if they're no longer as dominant then that might not be a big deal.

    HT/Hood is unlikely to dominate the top tier like Sentry does simply because both character have a severe lack of HPs that makes it hard to use them effectively on offense. If we assume in a more balanced world it's not unusual to take 1500X3 damage on everyone to win a game because you don't have any super cheesy combos anymore, Thor losing 1500 HP hardly makes a difference, but The Hood or HT starting 1500 HP down has a noticeable impact to their survivality in the next fight. In the Hood's case, being down 1500 from his max HP leaves him dangerously low enough to potentially be one-shotted by a powerful move like Fireball. Yes Hood is awesome at AP denial, but you probably wouldn't feel too comfortable if you started a fight against HT knowing you can't even take a single Fireball.
  • yeah. it's 28000 to use the extra power just once, so that whole missing points thing was just in someone's imagination. nice thing is you can keep gaining points past 28000 too so you dont have to feel obligated to use that super shot up right away. you can just keep hoarding the points. (though that's going to get interesting once everyone has a ton of these things someday...)
  • Dartmaster01Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Does anyone know if there is a way check and see how many deadpool points you have other than setting off whales,whales, whales?
  • BrandonEBrandonE Posts: 51
    Does anyone know if there is a way check and see how many deadpool points you have other than setting off whales,whales, whales?
    I just run Deadpool in the first level of the prologue each day to check points and earn them. Even though he's only got a couple of covers and no ISO, he's fine there and I get to see everything I need to see.
  • Phantron wrote:
    A character has to be more than 'someone's extra lifebar' to justify a spot given you usually can only pick 2 of them in any particular PvP event because the third slot is fixed.

    Fully agree here.

    Deadpool ultimately suffers the same fate as a Psylocke variant, as the original character herself does. He is a great 3rd party member, but is very awkward to carry in the standard "featured + 2" setup.

    For strike tiles, you could pair him with Punisher (but missing Yellow), BP (missing Green), Patch (missing strike tile control), Daken (missing Yellow + Green). None of these combos work well, unless the featured team-up fills in the holes in at least the basic attack color spectrum.

    Adding support characters, such as OBW or Hood doesn't work either.

    So while Deadpool has some potent attacks for sure, he's going to be sitting on the sidelines a majority of the time in any non-PvE event unfortunately.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    A character has to be more than 'someone's extra lifebar' to justify a spot given you usually can only pick 2 of them in any particular PvP event because the third slot is fixed.

    Fully agree here.

    Deadpool ultimately suffers the same fate as a Psylocke variant, as the original character herself does. He is a great 3rd party member, but is very awkward to carry in the standard "featured + 2" setup.

    For strike tiles, you could pair him with Punisher (but missing Yellow), BP (missing Green), Patch (missing strike tile control), Daken (missing Yellow + Green). None of these combos work well, unless the featured team-up fills in the holes in at least the basic attack color spectrum.

    Adding support characters, such as OBW or Hood doesn't work either.

    So while Deadpool has some potent attacks for sure, he's going to be sitting on the sidelines a majority of the time in any non-PvE event unfortunately.

    I think the featured + 2 has to go at some point because even if the game was really balanced, a support character will still rarely be viable unless the featured character covers the holes. I know they do the featured character to try to promote sales, but all it does is promote you to get the most powerful duo you can since you can never count on having a reliable third leg. I just assume my featured character is going to do nothing in PvP events now, and that's true at least half of the time. Sure if someone like Hood is up for featured you can do something creative, but most of the time it's just your duo doing all the work, and this is true even if the featured character level is high. For example if you got Psylocke as the featured character and you got her maxed, at best she's going to pitch in a Psi-Katana or two while your standard duo is doing rest of the work.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    A Magneto nerf would bring him and Patch out of the top tier in all likelihood.

    Daken is likely to be nerfed because we've already seen the numbers before, though he's still quite powerful based on the last known numbers.

    Sentry is going to be at the top as long as World Rupture's interaction with strike tiles doesn't change, though it seems like it's got to happen at some point because World Rupture + strike tiles is just broken.

    If the above characters get weakened, Deadpool can be decent. He matches up poorly against regenerating character, but he matches up well against characters with a ton of HP and Thor/BP would probably be your top 'powerful guys with no drawback'. He'd still match poorly against Patch/Daken but if they're no longer as dominant then that might not be a big deal.

    HT/Hood is unlikely to dominate the top tier like Sentry does simply because both character have a severe lack of HPs that makes it hard to use them effectively on offense. If we assume in a more balanced world it's not unusual to take 1500X3 damage on everyone to win a game because you don't have any super cheesy combos anymore, Thor losing 1500 HP hardly makes a difference, but The Hood or HT starting 1500 HP down has a noticeable impact to their survivality in the next fight. In the Hood's case, being down 1500 from his max HP leaves him dangerously low enough to potentially be one-shotted by a powerful move like Fireball. Yes Hood is awesome at AP denial, but you probably wouldn't feel too comfortable if you started a fight against HT knowing you can't even take a single Fireball.

    Like you said a Daken nerf on the strike tiles won't be terrible, they are still free. And if they increase the number of blue needed for regeneration, all it does is force people from 5/3/5 to 5/4/4 or 5/5/3. World Rupture is ridicoulously broken. If it's a matter of programming I think it would be better if they all just exploded at once, triggering strike tiles at once and still creating fun cascades. It would still hurt but be far less broken. If they did this it still keeps Sentry as probably one of the top dogs, it still works well with Daken, it just doesn't get to insane levels.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

    Like you said a Daken nerf on the strike tiles won't be terrible, they are still free. And if they increase the number of blue needed for regeneration, all it does is force people from 5/3/5 to 5/4/4 or 5/5/3. World Rupture is ridicoulously broken. If it's a matter of programming I think it would be better if they all just exploded at once, triggering strike tiles at once and still creating fun cascades. It would still hurt but be far less broken. If they did this it still keeps Sentry as probably one of the top dogs, it still works well with Daken, it just doesn't get to insane levels.

    If the tiles exploded all at once it'd lead to a significantly weaker cascade, and at this point it's hard to guess whether changing strike tiles is enough, not enough, or too much to make World Rupture balanced for PvP since World Rupture is built around strike tiles for PvP. From a programming mechanic I don't think either method matters because when you use The Hood to explode all the CDs at once, you still get the benefit per CD, so even if exploding all at once becomes the default behavior that doesn't automatically fix its interaction with strike tiles.
  • papa07 wrote:
    Hissori wrote:
    I just used it this moring with max dp points 29+k...in deed a big button shows up asking if you want to use ALL whales...I had to see what happened so I did...every type of whale fell and dropped through the screen...utterly destroying 3 lvl 166 characters in one shot.

    Two follow ups - did it use 28000 points or did it use everything you had?
    What level is your purple?

    I will answer my own question.

    I just used a 2/1/0 deadpool to instakill a 166 sentry, 166 thor and 200+ gsbw, with boosted whales. Thor was 10k, widow was 7k and sentry still had 7 of 10k when I dropped a screen of whales on them.

    Best attack ever
  • Phantron wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

    Like you said a Daken nerf on the strike tiles won't be terrible, they are still free. And if they increase the number of blue needed for regeneration, all it does is force people from 5/3/5 to 5/4/4 or 5/5/3. World Rupture is ridicoulously broken. If it's a matter of programming I think it would be better if they all just exploded at once, triggering strike tiles at once and still creating fun cascades. It would still hurt but be far less broken. If they did this it still keeps Sentry as probably one of the top dogs, it still works well with Daken, it just doesn't get to insane levels.

    If the tiles exploded all at once it'd lead to a significantly weaker cascade, and at this point it's hard to guess whether changing strike tiles is enough, not enough, or too much to make World Rupture balanced for PvP since World Rupture is built around strike tiles for PvP. From a programming mechanic I don't think either method matters because when you use The Hood to explode all the CDs at once, you still get the benefit per CD, so even if exploding all at once becomes the default behavior that doesn't automatically fix its interaction with strike tiles.
    They need to either all explode at once or the animation needs to be sped up because right now it takes way too long waiting for all the tiles to go off.
  • atomzedatomzed Posts: 1,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

    Like you said a Daken nerf on the strike tiles won't be terrible, they are still free. And if they increase the number of blue needed for regeneration, all it does is force people from 5/3/5 to 5/4/4 or 5/5/3. World Rupture is ridicoulously broken. If it's a matter of programming I think it would be better if they all just exploded at once, triggering strike tiles at once and still creating fun cascades. It would still hurt but be far less broken. If they did this it still keeps Sentry as probably one of the top dogs, it still works well with Daken, it just doesn't get to insane levels.

    If the tiles exploded all at once it'd lead to a significantly weaker cascade, and at this point it's hard to guess whether changing strike tiles is enough, not enough, or too much to make World Rupture balanced for PvP since World Rupture is built around strike tiles for PvP. From a programming mechanic I don't think either method matters because when you use The Hood to explode all the CDs at once, you still get the benefit per CD, so even if exploding all at once becomes the default behavior that doesn't automatically fix its interaction with strike tiles.

    I think a simple fix is just cap the damage, much like how Deadpool is. Just cap the damage to 7k -8k per character and sentry still remains good but no longer so OP
  • BrandonEBrandonE Posts: 51
    papa07 wrote:
    I will answer my own question.

    I just used a 2/1/0 deadpool to instakill a 166 sentry, 166 thor and 200+ gsbw, with boosted whales. Thor was 10k, widow was 7k and sentry still had 7 of 10k when I dropped a screen of whales on them.

    Best attack ever
    I did something similar in Webslinger last night. I dropped all the whales on a max LThor, 155 cMags and 150something Spidey. I only have a maxed 2* roster, with no 3* over 50ish. I took in +3 blue/purple and +3 stockpile, got a lucky 4 match purple to start and cascaded into enough purple within 2 moves to drop all the whales and insta-kill everyone. icon_e_smile.gif Love the animation for it too, with tiles flying everywhere.

    Only problem is after doing this for my last fight of the night, I forgot to follow with a better defense team, so I got hammered in the last hour after going to bed and dropped 150 points. Oh well, it was fun. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Great tactic. I will need to do this.
  • That would NOT be like Deadpool, because Deadpools cap can be exceeded with strike tiles. In fact, strike tiles is the only way ALOtT ever kills anyone. Strike tiles add damage, its what they do. Restricting how they add damage isn't a fix, its a band-aid to a broken power.
  • I keep forgetting to play with Wade daily for points. Just thought I'd throw a reminder up.
  • Pwuz_Pwuz_ Posts: 1,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Amazeballs wrote:
    I keep forgetting to play with Wade daily for points. Just thought I'd throw a reminder up.

    I just remembered that about a half an hour ago. I think it's been almost a week since I last remembered to play a round with him. Since my Deadpool is 2/1/0, it's not like he sees any action unless he's uber-buffed, required, or I go the prologue.
  • Just play Deadpool on the easy bracket/nodes of a PvE event, though I usually forget too.
  • When my daily reward pop-up comes up after my first match of the day, that's my reminder to do 1 fight in the first chapter of the prologue with deadpool and the 2 strongest characters in my roster. The fight is over after you make three match-3's so it only takes a minute of your time. You get the same ~3000 deadpool points anyway.
  • HairyDaveHairyDave Posts: 1,574
    That's a very good idea...

    I don't think I've actually used him since Weapon Tex-Mex finished icon_redface.gif
  • Pwuz_Pwuz_ Posts: 1,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    flnn1 wrote:
    When my daily reward pop-up comes up after my first match of the day, that's my reminder to do 1 fight in the first chapter of the prologue with deadpool and the 2 strongest characters in my roster. The fight is over after you make three match-3's so it only takes a minute of your time. You get the same ~3000 deadpool points anyway.

    Honestly I pair him with my other 2 weakest characters (all 3*s with only a cover or two), and can crush that pair of Snipers in chapter 1 before either gets a shot off. What a difference a 3* makes in a fight intended to be fought with level 1 1* Iron Man & Storm. icon_lol.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.