*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• Spoit wrote:
    I thought match damage didn't scale as proportionately, so you'd need even more strikes for match to trigger anger

I remember people worked out the match damage and found that it took exactly the same number of match damage to kill someone at 166 compared to 141 from another maxed character. Now if you're talking about ability damage, not every level of character upgrade leads an upgrade in ability damage so it's quite possible you've a small difference if 166 happens to be a level that doesn't get an ability damage upgrade but 141 is.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    I thought match damage didn't scale as proportionately, so you'd need even more strikes for match to trigger anger

I remember people worked out the match damage and found that it took exactly the same number of match damage to kill someone at 166 compared to 141 from another maxed character. Now if you're talking about ability damage, not every level of character upgrade leads an upgrade in ability damage so it's quite possible you've a small difference if 166 happens to be a level that doesn't get an ability damage upgrade but 141 is.
    If I remember correctly, that math was also based on if you could make the best possible match-3 each turn. It basically showed that levels were quite honestly unimportant in the long term on an even playing field. All matches take the same amount of time for the most part.
  • JD Geek
    JD Geek Posts: 80
    That is pretty much it. If Ares hits sunder , DP does not leap to the front. But he will for the follow up Onslaught. Both hits are over his requirements.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I figured Deadpool out. The secret to DP's healing is the opposite of Anger. With Hulk you want him tanking as many colors as possible. Deadpool is the opposite, you want him tanking as little as possible. You need Deadpools health as high as possible so he will step in and the higher level black the longer he can keep it up. But it also means you have to have duplicate covers as you'll need a red/black/purple to tank. As of right now I would run DP with Spidey
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    As of right now I would run DP with Spidey

Until someone comes up with a practical use for Spidey besides "tank for Deadpool" and "create protect tiles", I'm still not leveling the webhead.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    From what I understood, you collect the Deadpool points, once you hit the 20,000K, I beleive all the points are spent on next activation of the skill doing an aoe of 20,000 dmg to the entire enemy team. I have a feeling instead of throwing one whale, you throw all 5, which 20000/5 is 4000, and the skill maxed does 4069, very close to 4000. So my guess is that, once 20K points hit, Deadpool throws all five whales at the enemy team doing a total of 20K AoE dmg
    That's pretty much it. Use Deadpool once a day and get DP points. Once you have enough, the next time you use Whales it hits for mega damage.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    post-16438-Whale-whale-whale-meme-evT3.jpeg
  • Oceanic dolphins.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was at the bar the other night with my buddy having some beers. We had been there a while when two large girls came up to the bar and ordered some drinks. I noticed when they ordered they both had strong accents so I said ‘Hi, are you two girls from Scotland?’ One of them spoke up, with quite an attitude and said ‘it’s WALES you idiot!!!’

So I immediately said ‘Sorry, are you two Whales from Scotland?’
  • i love that you really have to earn him
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    technically you could've just got top 5 in his PVE and then bought the rest of his covers, but i digress.....one tiny little (maybe) subtle thing about his cover, you look at his cover and he's looking at himself in the game and saying "hey look i'm in a videogame" i love how meta that is....perfectly in line with deadpool. also the dialogue in his PVE was THE best i've seen in this game so far, it made me laugh so many times.
  • Happened to me too once.
  • technically you could've just got top 5 in his PVE and then bought the rest of his covers, but i digress.....one tiny little (maybe) subtle thing about his cover, you look at his cover and he's looking at himself in the game and saying "hey look i'm in a videogame" i love how meta that is....perfectly in line with deadpool. also the dialogue in his PVE was THE best i've seen in this game so far, it made me laugh so many times.

Still, the Deadpool cover is the ugliest in the whole game, by far. And the meta aspect and breaking the 4th wall were to be expected, they didn't even trigger a chuckle icon_e_smile.gif My favorite Deadpool cover EVER is:

1238814-832348_2a9sjzm_super.jpg
  • I'm partial to this one, myself, along with the Nevermind cover.

th?id=HN.608021443551365225&pid=15.1&P=0
  • With the cover switch in the rewards order (top 200 was red, now top 5 is red) I wonder if the designers read this thread and switched the top reward based on demand. They hardly ever change the rewards around, Dormammu's Aid is always the hardest to get, Anger is always the hardest to get, and now I bet ALOtT will be the hardest to get.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    sorcered wrote:
    Still, the Deadpool cover is the ugliest in the whole game, by far. And the meta aspect and breaking the 4th wall were to be expected, they didn't even trigger a chuckle icon_e_smile.gif

I disagree on so many levels! The Deadpool cover is my absolute favorite cover in the game! I don't think there could be a more appropriate cover for this game.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    With the cover switch in the rewards order (top 200 was red, now top 5 is red) I wonder if the designers read this thread and switched the top reward based on demand. They hardly ever change the rewards around, Dormammu's Aid is always the hardest to get, Anger is always the hardest to get, and now I bet ALOtT will be the hardest to get.

A red deadpool cover is being given out in both the tat pve progression award and the 1100 pvp reward for deadpools tournament, making it pretty much the most common cover that you can get for deadpool. The change probably happened because they didnt want to overflood players with red covers so that theyd all end up with 5/2/2 deadpools. The dev conspiracy theories are wearing rather thin.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I honestly don't see the problem with rotating the placement of the covers. It's always super frustrating to have a character short one cover if you can only get the single cover rewards. For the longest time my Lazy Cap was sitting with 5 Red, 3 Yellow, and 0 Blue.
  • And for the record, the damage cap for ALotP, is a combination of level-based and cover-based. Going from 1 Red to 3 Red raised the damage cap by about 15% for each cover added.

All the more reason to go 5 Red, as it will not be possible to achieve 45%/3299 damage.