Captain Marvel + Daken Rebalance Discussion

Options
1234568»

Comments

• squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    Options
    I use A.wolvie and tiny-daken a lot to chew through easier matches. Under-leveled early seed teams or groups. cstorm and mnmags teams still early on when I'm not leaving such an easy team to beat on def.

After reading through the thread, the most pertinent part to me regarding the strike tiles is that very often during these matches, the board's red are completely saturated. I see a lot of possibly created strike tiles go to waste as a green matches and p.r. doesn't go off due to lack of available red. Then there is the same problem with wolvie's strike tiles going out. Many a Feral claws has gone off without a single strike tile being created, which makes me a sad panda. That's missing 1-4 str 45 strike tiles because there are str 28 strike strike tiles as far as the eye can see. Sure, having 10-12 little swords on the board is really cool. Still, I'd much rather they be all 45-46 str tiles once once I got to that point in a match... If they match would even be going at that point, since I think the overall match and power damage will be higher from the 5 to 6 turns in period all the way to the end.

It seems to me that lazy daken is the one taking the nerf, but tiny daken is just all around getting a buff.

-Full bump up to 3920 health (I assume he sits in the same health zone as a.wolvie)
    -Scaled regen ability. Small bump, but adds up
    -Tanks more colors for more characters. After all the health from regen, I bet his health would be closer to tank levels
    -Third active power
    -Strike tiles become more effective (see above)

Just being able to tank green for a.wolvie will be a nice buff to that duo. Generally I'm not making matches on dakens colors unless green/red don't exist and wolvie doesn't need healing on yellow. I think that will make for more matches before wolvie even needs to heal, and also take the pressure off getting him that heal on Offense, as often its a waiting game to get that yellow match to come along again.

Daken and HT might be nice now as mentioned.

I wonder if it will help the daken/tinycap combo? Probably not.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AlucardUK wrote:
    Yeah good point. The original announcement was just a mess and full or typo's. The update doesn't really tell us anything other than they have paused the update. It may still come out exactly as they intended or they may re-think or even scrap it..... who knows

They have make amendments to the original announcement I believe.
  • Unknown
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    AlucardUK wrote:
    Yeah good point. The original announcement was just a mess and full or typo's. The update doesn't really tell us anything other than they have paused the update. It may still come out exactly as they intended or they may re-think or even scrap it..... who knows

Doesn't look like it. Not the one detailing the powers. Still has the weird copy/paste errors, says blue in one part of the description and yellow in the other. Hard to know what to believe.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    AlucardUK wrote:

Doesn't look like it. Not the one detailing the powers. Still has the weird copy/paste errors, says blue in one part of the description and yellow in the other. Hard to know what to believe.

Oops, you are right. No change. My bad.

In any case, I was lucky as I kept my daken covers. So I decided to just respec him to 5/5/3 for ease of mind.
  • Unknown
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    AlucardUK wrote:

Oops, you are right. No change. My bad.

In any case, I was lucky as I kept my daken covers. So I decided to just respec him to 5/5/3 for ease of mind.

Did the same. Basically it sounds like the nerf will happen, - just not until they're ready to release his covers again. I was thinking, that lvl 300 2* daken in pve would be scary with the blue ability. . . .
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think the reduction to a single strike per green match will help with his psylocke synergy also. too often you end up with 6 reds but the board is already flooded with little strikes and she wont put down any of her angry strike tiles. If daken is throwing out a more modest number of claws psy should hurt that much more
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the reduction to a single strike per green match will help with his psylocke synergy also. too often you end up with 6 reds but the board is already flooded with little strikes and she wont put down any of her angry strike tiles. If daken is throwing out a more modest number of claws psy should hurt that much more
    Are you referring to 2* Daken because that's the only one getting the cap to a single strike tile. 3* Daken has been a single tile until you get 5 purple but is also decreasing in tile strength. The synergy between Psylocke and 3* Daken won't change but I find that she is much better paired with Patch since you can blitz with enough AP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hmm, I might take a break from leveling my 3*s (at last count I need like 450k ISO to level mine up to their current cover max) and save up some ISO for tinydaken...

So, when do you guys think they will nerf Patch's yellow to be in line with Astonishing Wolvie's? Remember when they nerfed Astonishing claiming that "he was never supposed to be a tank", and then like a week or two later released Patch who is one of the tankiest tanks of them all, especially when you consider the whole True Healing thing.... At 153, Patch is my highest leveled char by far, and I'll be sad when this inevitable nerf happens.