Captain Marvel + Daken Rebalance Discussion

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Very weird.

My Daken reverted back to the old strike tile (68 x 2) level of power, but the Healing/Heat nerf is still in effect. (5 Black = 7 Blue to regen)

-- 2** Daken Chemical Reaction appears to be disabled as well; roster 2** Daken and 2** enemy Dakens still do not appear have the skill present at 0 covers.

Reverted? It was always this way right so nothing changed? Or did it change 2 time for you already?
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Guys, guys. They're not nerfing Daken. They're improving everyone else.

Don't urinate on me and tell me it's raining. As for the timing, D3 could have at least waited til my mouth was closed. The delay made the competition more fierce, and they wanted people spending their HP on shields and boosts.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    And..... the Daken nerf just went live, with less than 6h to go in the current PvE.

One would think to not even feel anything anymore over this, given the number of times they consistently nerf key characters in the last moments of events. icon_rolleyes.gif .

/sigh

Steam had some update but I don't see change on *** daken numbers. No 3rd cover on ** either, is that visible on mobile?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I wonder if tomorrow we'll see some announcement about excel sheets, source controls, premature triggers, mixed patches and other techoblabla like with the recent mStorm red cost jojo.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Very weird.

My Daken reverted back to the old strike tile (68 x 2) level of power, but the Healing/Heat nerf is still in effect. (5 Black = 7 Blue to regen)

-- 2** Daken Chemical Reaction appears to be disabled as well; roster 2** Daken and 2** enemy Dakens still do not appear have the skill present at 0 covers.

Please check character discussion for Daken classic thread, or even the compendium. He's always been at 5 black = fewer than 7 blue tiles to regen. The notes, as many have noted, are botched for the healing section. I guess you never noticed his black's tile requirements? I've always noticed it that since release he required 1 more tile than 2* daken.

Also, Lakestone notes that this nerf should come in the coming week--"Please see the notes below for the character stat changes that will take place later this week."
  • Unknown
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    The notes, as many have noted, are botched for the healing section.

I'll take your word on that.

I'll be happy to have Daken survive long enough to finish tonight's PvE before being sent behind the woodshed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm having problem figuring out which Daken is which but it looks like the 3* Daken just has the color tile moved from blue to yellow? That's a buff in the current environment because this means Magnetic Field can no longer immediately destroy whatever regen you have. Yellow is a color you can usually afford to leave it up as long as not facing Sentry/Thor, and if either are present you got much bigger issues to worry about than your regen given both characters can end a game with one or two moves.

There seems to be more PvE goon abilities that are on blue tiles compared to yellow, so it's a small buff there too, since you have to destroy those CD tiles usually which puts an extra bias toward the availability of tiles.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm having problem figuring out which Daken is which but it looks like the 3* Daken just has the color tile moved from blue to yellow?
    I'm 99% sure that's a typo. The main description says Blue, so the others are probably just copy-and-paste errors. The devs want blue removed for Chemical Reaction, I'm sure, because it means more health lost for all versions of Daken now.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the health, colours and abilities, but the red seems too specific. There are very few protect tile users. Countdowns would probably be too much, but why not protect/strike at least?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I like the health, colours and abilities, but the red seems too specific. There are very few protect tile users. Countdowns would probably be too much, but why not protect/strike at least?

Looking at the way the character is designed you'd want your opponent have strike tiles so you can trigger your own passive. But destroying protect tiles just seems like a very weak effect.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

That's what I thought too but got to discussing on alliance chat and realized there are actually several that throw down protect tiles. Would definitely help against Falcon's Bird Strike.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Besides the facepalm bc I put all my new extra daken covers into my pet daken and then they announce my 535 build is not as good..... am I reading the notes right that 2* daken makes the same 46 strike tiles as 3* daken? Edit- nvm, old 2* only makes 1 strike tile now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Guys,

There are a lot of typos in the balance announcement. My guess is that they wanted to update 2* Daken and give him a 3rd ability, Chemical Reaction. At the same time, I think they wanted to show 3* Daken as being clearly better than 2* Daken. Given the mixed mention of yellow and blue, my prediction is that 3* Daken is being changed to heal off yellow, and 2* Daken is going to be changed to heal off blue. That nerfs both Dakens, but gives 3* Daken a slightly power in that he can match blue and build up Chemical Reaction without causing himself to have Heat problems.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IMO, 5/5/3 was already the right 3* Daken build. They're rebalancing him a bit, and I think that's a good thing. I'll still use him quite often with the new stats.
  • Unknown
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    IMO, 5/5/3 was already the right 3* Daken build. They're rebalancing him a bit, and I think that's a good thing. I'll still use him quite often with the new stats.

It's all one big typo

Strike tile, color requirements, and self damage were supposed to be for another character. They just mixed up the names in the game breaking folder. Starts with S
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've been waiting for Carol Danvers since forever! by right, i should be happy icon_e_smile.gif , but to be honest i'm not icon_e_sad.gif
    • Her red should be able to clear more than just protect tiles as drtinnykittylove said. Even moonstone's photonic blast is better icon_e_confused.gif
    • Her black needs to be AoE. I don't mind a heavier penalty, but hypersonic punch is captain marvel's trademark move. As a comparison, BP's black inflicts 11,100 dmg (3700 x 3). Come on.... icon_e_sad.gif
    • Her yellow is mediocre, not good enough even at level 5. She should be able to absorb damage, not getting AP when she's taking damage. Something like "Absorb x amount of damage when there's x yellow tiles on board"
  • Unknown
    Options
    So what the **** was wrong with daken, why nerf him, i'm so **** tired of this **** **** the game left and right, there was nothing **** wrong with daken , STOP WITH THE **** NERFS, how about you spend more **** time developing the characters before releasing them, so **** tired of this ****
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So what the tinykitty was wrong with daken, why nerf him, i'm so tinykitty tired of this **** tinykitty the game left and right, there was nothing tinykitty wrong with daken , STOP WITH THE tinykitty NERFS, how about you spend more tinykitty time developing the characters before releasing them, so tinykitty tired of this tinykitty
    Not sure if you typed out tiny kitty all those times or actually typed tinykitty
  • Unknown
    Options
    OK so instead of healing rely on blue it relies on yellow. It also costs a tad more. That's it. Seems to be intended to effect the daken / hood / (thor/sentry) combos with individually effecting the other 3. Still a minor nerf. The strike tiles are still around 100 damage per match. Still awesome. I don't really see it as a big deal. I'm still more aggravated about messed up notes than the actual nerf. Haha
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just to reiterate but Daken 3* has always been 9/8/7 blue tiles to avoid heat. This isn't a nerf. It seems like they had a bad copy & paste job on the original ability and used Daken 2*'s stats, which is 8/7/6 to avoid heat. Since the whole thing is messed up I don't even know what they're changing, but it seems most logical to assume Daken will have his regen color moved from blue to yellow. This is a temporary buff (Magneto dominates blue currently), though a nerf in the long run assuming Magneto is eventually nerfed, as that'd leave you with one powerful blue user (Fury) but two powerful yellow users (Sentry + Thor), which would put more pressure on you to match the yellow tiles compared to blue.