Captain Marvel + Daken Rebalance Discussion

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I'm confused with the patch notes. It says 3* Daken will have his healing based on yellow tiles, and 2* Daken will have his healing based on blue tiles? I don't really know what the right one is, although shouldn't chemical reaction be based on whichever color healing is based on? Say with healing based on blue (3* Daken), it converts blue tiles to green, but if healing is based on yellow (2* Daken), then it should convert yellow tiles to green.
    Of course, my confusion with the patch notes doesn't end there, but I just wanted to point out that thing about chemical reaction.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There's obviously something really wrong with the notes. I highlighted a rather glaring error:
    Nemek wrote:
    New
    Healing & Heat - Black Passive
    (PASSIVE) Daken’s healing factor allows him to recover 3% of his health every turn. If there are fewer than 9 Blue tiles, the terrible drug “Heat” kicks in, and he loses 3% of his health instead.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Heals 5% per turn.
    Level 3: 8 Yellow tiles to avoid “Heat”.
    Level 4: Heals 7% per turn.
    Level 5: 7 Yellow tiles to avoid “Heat”.
    Max Level: Heals 476HP/"Heat" 204 damage
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's obvious they're changing 2* Daken's healing to blue to match up with Chemical Reaction, which is also blue. Yes it's horrible cut and paste. But no, they're not changing 3* healing to yellow.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Are we really surprised at this point at the myriad and fantastic ways in which they've managed to **** this up? If doing things assbackwards was a sport they'd be champions of the universe.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    I find it amusing that not a single one of their employees has noticed the typo in the announcement. This frustration could all be for naught! Ctrl-c, Ctrl-v, and run the tinykitty out of the office apparently.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ludaa wrote:
    I find it amusing that not a single one of their employees has noticed the typo in the announcement. This frustration could all be for naught! Ctrl-c, Ctrl-v, and run the tinykitty out of the office apparently.

In most offices, only two people see the text of something like this. Sometimes one. And in most offices, people go home at night. So not that surprising.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Edit: Tired of complaining about the same old story.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Can we please have official word from a dev on the real changes before the end of the week? So we don't have 20 pages of discussion on something imaginary
  • Unknown
    Options
    Where the hell is IceIX, we definitely need some clarification BIG TIME.

So this forum is being abandon????? So unfair to all of us... We are the ones that keeping this game alive. Come on, show some respect DEV.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:

In most offices, only two people see the text of something like this. Sometimes one. And in most offices, people go home at night. So not that surprising.
    See: the spreadsheet misreading. where it took a couple weeks for them to figure out that spidey's purple was actually supposed to go up rather than down when they nerfed the webs boosting it's protect value. Which was caught by neither the coders who put it in, or IceIX when he put the annoucement up. You'd think that they'd notice something like that from previous discussions on what they were going to do
  • Unknown
    Options
    Something tells me that captain marvel will be nerfed too, she generates enough red tiles to destroy all enemy tiles in three turns at least
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Teno1 wrote:
    Something tells me that captain marvel will be nerfed too, she generates enough red tiles to destroy all enemy tiles in three turns at least
    But she requires to be hit very hard to generate any red, and she only destroys protect tiles, which are, you know, only the weakest special tiles atm (except webtiles maybe which is not really an achievement because webtiles do not possess any measurable strength outside of meta).
  • Unknown
    Options
    What really bugs me about this is the timing. You guys figured "hey, let's nerf Daken", and the timing for the announcement of this this was...

...right after giving him out as a reward.

Are you serious? Did you guys, like, just not think of it before the end of Heavy Metal? Or did you think, "let's wait until people who would potentially want to respec with these rewards have wasted them in other ways"? The timing could hardly have been worse. I mean, seriously. I really lose faith in the company when things like this happen. It's not some huge, game-breaking thing, it's just... You either weren't thinking about how to handle it at all, or you were thinking and came to a conclusion which was blatantly anti-player. And I'm not sure what I'm supposed to think of that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    So what the tinykitty was wrong with daken, why nerf him, i'm so tinykitty tired of this **** tinykitty the game left and right, there was nothing tinykitty wrong with daken , STOP WITH THE tinykitty NERFS, how about you spend more tinykitty time developing the characters before releasing them, so tinykitty tired of this tinykitty
    Not sure if you typed out tiny kitty all those times or actually typed tinykitty

I typed **** because I think they should all go **** themselves, **** is too long so I just typed ****
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have two maxed 3* characters (Patch and Daken) and have been aggressively funneling ISO into them since the healing change to get them there. Of the two, Patch seems stronger and fits a lot more of the teams I can build, and has been around much longer -- yet Daken is the one to get nerfed. Maybe I just don't have Sentry high enough yet to abuse? But again, if Sentry is problematic with Daken's strike tiles...shouldn't the nerf be applied to Sentry?

Confusing change is confusing. I do love that 2* Daken is getting 'completed'.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What frustrates me is they never warned about a pending changed to LDaken. They have been saying watch out CMags is going to be nerfed next, which has had me have a fully covered CMags stopped where he was. Looks like I should have maxed him, because I could have been using him for a few months at least. Meanwhile, I have diverted all ISO to Patch and LDaken since "True Healing", and LDaken gets hit first.

I am not surprised that they ended up nerfing him, and it probably is justified (and he still probably will be playable). However, I can't believe they just sneak this one in, and keep delaying the one they warned us about. I will check out this change, and the season 4 awards, and make a judgement if it is time to walk away. I'm just glad I didn't dump more money in this game during the last sale, as I feared something bad was coming (and it was).
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    See: the spreadsheet misreading. where it took a couple weeks for them to figure out that spidey's purple was actually supposed to go up rather than down when they nerfed the webs boosting it's protect value. Which was caught by neither the coders who put it in, or IceIX when he put the annoucement up. You'd think that they'd notice something like that from previous discussions on what they were going to do
    Hence why they're hiring someone with good Excel skills! icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Also: money.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Remember when we were promised cmags nerf, mawkeye buff, and xforce buff were next on the list?

Pepperidge farms remembers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I bet if someone tweeted this to them there would be a response.