Captain Marvel + Daken Rebalance Discussion

Options
Nemek
Nemek Posts: 1,511
edited July 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Since it doesn't look like Lakestone is making a General Topic for it...

Captain Marvel
For the fans of the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel, your wait is almost over. We are very excited to share that Captain Marvel will be given out as a key placement reward during the upcoming re-run of the Unstable Iso-8 PVE Event and will be usable starting on July 25th. Captain Marvel’s abilities are listed below.

Captain Marvel (Modern)
3 Star Rarity (Rare)
At Max Level: HP: 8500 Tile damage: 70/79/12/11/13/61

Photonic Blasts - Red 7 AP
Captain Marvel unleashes the amazing cosmic power of her photonic blasts, shattering her enemy's defenses. Deals 208 Damage and destroys up to 2 Enemy Protect Tiles. Does not generate AP.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Deals 281 Damage
Level 3: Destroys 3 Enemy Protect Tiles
Level 4: Deals 470 Damage
Level 5: Destroys All Enemy Protect Tiles
Max Level: 1494 Damage, all Enemy Protect tiles destroyed

Hypersonic Punch - Black 9 AP
Captain Marvel flies headlong into battle, striking her target with enough force to send them reeling. However, the direct attack leaves Carol open to retaliation. Deals 351 Damage and stuns her target for 1 turn. Then places a strength 22 Enemy Strike tile.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Deals 444 Damage
Level 3: Creates a strength 17 Enemy Strike tile
Level 4: Deals 684 Damage
Level 5: Deals 790 Damage and stuns the target for 2 Turns
Max Level: 2504 Damage, strength 53 Enemy Strike tile, 2 turn stun

Energy Absorption - Yellow PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Captain Marvel uses her energy-absorbing abilities to take in her enemy's attack and power up her next assault. When Captain Marvel takes greater than 274 damage, she generates 3 Red AP.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Generates AP when Captain Marvel takes 219 Damage.
Level 3: Generates 4 Red AP
Level 4: Generates 5 Red AP
Level 5: Gains 5 Red AP and 3 Black AP
Max Level: Gains 5 Red and 3 Black AP on 695+ Damage taken

Daken
Edit 2:
The Daken changes are on hold. See this topic for details: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12645

Edit:
The TL/DR version
3* Daken
  • Strike tiles do 46 instead of 68 damage at max level.
  • Mayyyybe a change in healing? Seems like there are typos in the notes. Says yellow in half the notes, who knows. Also, the "Old" notes are wrong. In game right now, it requires 7 blue tiles to avoid "Heat" at level 5 already. So, if the "new" version is what's in the patch, then there isn't a healing nerf at all.

2* Daken
  • At max level, only one strike tile is made, instead of two.
  • Blue skill has been added, in line with 3* Daken. Level max obviously increases.
  • Healing is now based on blue and requires an extra tile. Oddly, the order of the changes as the ability goes up in level is different from 3* Daken.
We also just finished up a character balance pass for both Daken 2* (Dark Avengers Wolverine) and Daken 3*(Classic). As a part of this pass, we have added in the third ability for Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine) that will allow him to attain max 2* level of 94. Please see the notes below for the character stat changes that will take place later this week.

*** Daken (Classic) ***
Old
Healing & Heat - Black Passive
(PASSIVE) Daken’s healing factor allows him to recover 3% of his health every turn. If there are fewer than 8 Blue tiles, the terrible drug “Heat” kicks in, and he loses 3% of his health instead.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Heals 5% per turn.
Level 3: 7 Yellow tiles to avoid “Heat”.
Level 4: Heals 7% per turn.
Level 5: 6 Yellow tiles to avoid “Heat”.
Max Level: Heals 476HP/"Heat" 204 damage

New
(PASSIVE) Daken’s healing factor allows him to recover 3% of his health every turn. If there are fewer than 9 Blue tiles, the terrible drug “Heat” kicks in, and he loses 3% of his health instead.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Heals 5% per turn.
Level 3: 8 Yellow tiles to avoid “Heat”.
Level 4: Heals 7% per turn.
Level 5: 7 Yellow tiles to avoid “Heat”.
Max Level: Heals 476HP/"Heat" 204 damage

Note: The "Old" version is actually incorrect for Healing/Heat. The "New" version is what is currently in the game right now. It's unclear as to whether or not any healing changes have occurred. The mention of yellow tiles also seems to be questionable.
Old
Pheremone Rage - Purple Passive
(PASSIVE) Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using their anger to his advantage. Whenever anyone makes a Green match, add a Red Strike tile to the board with a strength of 11.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: +10% Strike tile strength
Level 3: +15% Strike tile strength
Level 4: +15% Strike tile strength
Level 5: Creates 2 Strike tiles at 90% base strength.
Max Level: 2 Strength 68 Strike tiles

New
(PASSIVE) Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using their anger to his advantage. Whenever anyone makes a Green match, add a Red Strike tile to the board with a strength of 11.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: 13 Strike tile strength
Level 3: 15 Strike tile strength
Level 4: 20 Strike tile strength
Level 5: Creates 2 Strike tiles strength 14.
Max Level: 2 Strength 46 Strike tiles
** Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine) **
Old
(PASSIVE) Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using their anger to his advantage. Whenever anyone makes a Green match, add a Red Strike tile to the board.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: +10% Strike tile strength
Level 3: +10% Strike tile strength
Level 4: +20% Strike tile strength
Level 5: Creates 2 Strike tiles at 90% of base strength.
Max Level: Creates 2 Strike tiles at 28 strength.

New
(PASSIVE) Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using their anger to his advantage. Whenever anyone makes a Green match, add a Red Strike tile to the board of strength 5.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: 6 Strike tile strength.
Level 3: 7 Strike tile strength.
Level 4: 8 Strike tile strength.
Level 5: 9 Strike tile strength.
Max Level: 46 Strike tile strength.
Old
(PASSIVE) Daken’s healing factor allows him to recover 3% of his health every turn. If there are fewer than 8 Yellow tiles, the terrible drug “Heat” kicks in, and he loses 3% of his health instead.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Heals 4% per turn.
Level 3: 7 Yellow tiles to avoid “Heat”.
Level 4: Heals 5% per turn.
Level 5: 6 Yellow tiles to avoid “Heat”.
Max Level: Heals 196HP/"Heat" 117 damage.

New
(PASSIVE) Daken’s healing factor allows him to recover 3% of his health every turn. If there are fewer than 9 Blue tiles, the terrible drug “Heat” kicks in, and he loses 3% of his health instead.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Heals 4% per turn.
Level 3: Heals 5% per turn.
Level 4: 8 Blue tiles to avoid “Heat”.
Level 5: 7 Blue tiles to avoid “Heat”.
Max Level: Heals 196HP/"Heat" 117 damage.
New
Chemical Reaction - Blue 5 AP
Daken springs a trap, but his addiction to "Heat" threatens to push him over the edge. Damages the target for 100, converts two blue tiles to green, and converts up to 2 friendly Strike tiles to Basic tiles doing 50 damage per strike tile converted.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Increases cleared Strike tile damage to 54.
Level 3: Increases cleared Strike tile damage to 58.
Level 4: Converts up to 3 Strike tiles.
Level 5: Up to 4 friendly Strike tiles converted for 73 damage.
Max Level: 515 base damage, 373 per strike tile, up to 4.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Jinx. Someone official, figure out which one to keep and sticky it...
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This one was made first so I'll post here.

I'm a little upset that they nerfed Daken so quickly considering how long they have had on their list (X-Farce, Mags, hawkeye). It also makes 5/5/3 builds more important.

Marvel looks interesting but definately 3/5/5. I would think they would give her the ability to take out strike tiles instead of protect.
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Captain Marvel seems a little weak, but has decent health. Not too enthused.

I think I see Daken's balls out back, as they've been chopped off. Yowza.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There's some typos in the healing ability. Both say blue tiles are required in description and then continue to talk about how it uses yellow.
  • Unknown
    Options
    LOL at more unscheduled nerfs!!!! What the hell is going on with 3* Magneto?

I'm convinced that everything D3 says is full of cr@p and that they have no clue what they're doing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It'll be good to have Daken with three powers. 2*s have a hard enough time without decent characters being crippled in what level they can be.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the fans of the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel, your wait is almost over.

YAY!
    Captain Marvel will be given out as a key placement reward during the upcoming re-run of the Unstable Iso-8 PVE Event

ugh...
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marvel seems meh.

The nerf to Daken's purple seems pretty fair. He'll still do enough damage.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So all of the Daken's rewarded today heal less and do less strike damage. Nice timing for the announcement.
    Lets hope we don't need a 6 day event to get blue Dark Avengers covers.

Also, CAROL DANVERRRRRS!

Decent health, decent powers, interesting color distribution! I hope the colors/costume are coordinated. Lets see some art! Show Moonstone how its done!
  • Unknown
    Options
    i cannot believe daken is being nerfed. that's going to be a terrible day for me
  • Unknown
    Options
    i cannot believe daken is being nerfed. that's going to be a terrible day for me
    For such a minor nerf?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You can balance daken theough simple bumber tweaks and still have him be at its core the same style of character. Any changes they make to cmags is not going to be anywhere near as simple as reducing damage and lowering heal. It doesnt excuse them from not changing the character for however many months its been, but you should easily see why they released these daken nerfs ao fast compared to spidey/cmags.
  • Unknown
    Options
    3* Daken got a 33% nerf to his strike tile damage.... he's still a beast.

68x2 = 136 vs 46x2 = 92 per match.

Healing got a 1 tile more necessity... which isn't the end of the world. 5/5/3 seems to make sense now.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the healing change in 3* Daken is a typo. He already needs 7 blue to heal 7%.

I think the announcement is supposed to just say that 2* Daken will now regen based on blue tiles instead of yellow from now on, and something went amiss.
  • Unknown
    Options
    fidsah wrote:
    For such a minor nerf?

it might be minor to some people but i rely on his healing alot. His extra required tile for him to heal is pretty huge. he already doesn't heal alot without 5 in black and now it will be even less. now he also has weak strike tiles. it sucks
  • Unknown
    Options
    You can balance daken theough simple bumber tweaks and still have him be at its core the same style of character. Any changes they make to cmags is not going to be anywhere near as simple as reducing damage and lowering heal. It doesnt excuse them from not changing the character for however many months its been, but you should easily see why they released these daken nerfs ao fast compared to spidey/cmags.

absolutely not. So you are telling me taking about 1 minute 48.2 seconds (approximately) to make mag c blue protect tiles randomized is a more difficult fix than than what just happened to daken? No sir. I disagree.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For me, the third Daken power balances the 3* nerf which is slight in the whole.

I'm very happy with the new character. I've been sad that Moonstone was only 2* because she is one of my favorites but is now just too squishy in 3* battles.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So your telling me that I just played this event to earn a black Daken cover to reduce the required Blue tiles from 8 to 7 and now the number required is back to up 8 again? Man W T F ! icon_evil.gif
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wonder if Carol Danvers will have new art or will it be a reskin of Moonstone?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Way to make us work our butts off for a reward and nerf it the day we get it. Seriously, D3, couldn't we have enjoyed it for a few days first?