World Cup Fever!

167891012»

Comments

• Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah! Congrats to the Champions. They where preparing this since they organize the same torment in 2006!
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Argentina had plenty of chances in the game. Higuain was just atrocious, no doubt in my mind that Di Maria buries that early chance. I've said all tournament that Germany can be attacked on the flanks...Lavezzi was causing problems in the first half, so naturally he gets subbed out for a less than fit Aguero. I love Aguero, but that was a wasted sub. Once the game went to ET I figured that Germany would score. The Argentinian midfield was working their **** off all game, but their attack was gassed at the end. Gotze means idol, and he is one now, that was a hell of a finish.

Congrats to Germany!

Also, tip of the cap to all of you. I love this game and I love talking about the game and sharing stories and everything in between. You on here have made this past month quite enjoyable. I've spent more time on this thread than any other in the forum and in the game. So thank you.

I hope we can keep these discussions going into the Club Seasons. Go Manchester City!!!
  • Argentina had plenty of chances in the game. Higuain was just atrocious, no doubt in my mind that Di Maria buries that early chance. I've said all tournament that Germany can be attacked on the flanks...Lavezzi was causing problems in the first half, so naturally he gets subbed out for a less than fit Aguero.

Yes I forgot to comment on that sub as well. Argentina were controlling play and were starting to really press in the later minutes of that first half (aside from that header off the post at the other end). I wouldn't normally argue subbing in Aguero, but why pull someone who is playing rather effective? Subbing at halftime is such an impatient move. Let the game continue to build in the second and see where you're at.
    I hope we can keep these discussions going into the Club Seasons. Go Manchester City!!!

I'd stick around for that icon_e_biggrin.gif Milan were the first club I was introduced to, primarily because of Maldini and admiring him during the run to the WC final here in the states when I first starting getting interested in soccer. He's why I pull for Italy, and I wish like hell he had been part of that 2006 squad to lift the cup. Although the Milan of late has left me wanting to look like bagman.

Other teams I've been known to support are Chelsea in the Prem (thanks to my daughter adopting them, but also my travels there and getting to see big ears in their trophy room was a nice treat), Valencia in the Liga, Rangers in Scotland (go ahead and give it to me), River Plate down south, and Seattle Sounders here at home (and Columbus because of proximity).
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker

Yes I like this!

Let's go Benficaaaaaaaaa icon_twisted.gif
  • Also, tip of the cap to all of you. I love this game and I love talking about the game and sharing stories and everything in between. You on here have made this past month quite enjoyable. I've spent more time on this thread than any other in the forum and in the game. So thank you.
    My sentiments exactly! I have been posting the most at this thread and it has been nice. Thank you all and to lao for starting the thread.
    Looks like we are "rivals" then, haha. I've been supporting Manchester United since young.
    Last season was bad, very bad. Hopefully Van Gaal stabilises things though I won't expect results immediately.