World Cup Fever!

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    Watched the Holland game. I must say Robben got to be the most dangerous player in the tournament at the moment. Every time he touches the ball, he looks like he is going to do something dangerous, dribble, shoot, pass, dives... seriously he does them all.

He definitely has the TURBO BOOSTER icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Predictions for today...

Group C: Columbia and Ivory Coast going through
    Group D: Costa Rica and Uruguay going through

As much as I hate Suarez I think he will impact the game today more than Balotelli. That should be a good game and I'm pretty sure I forgot to record it.

If these results occur, a Columbia/Uruguay matchup is going to be fun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Predictions for today...

Group D: Costa Rica and Uruguay going through

As much as I hate Suarez I think he will impact the game today more than Balotelli. That should be a good game and I'm pretty sure I forgot to record it.

If these results occur, a Columbia/Uruguay matchup is going to be fun.
    Awwww man. Sorry but I'm hoping you are wrong icon_e_smile.gif
    Rooting for Italy today. I'm biased though due to England. And yes, I hate Suarez too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh dear, the Italy - Uruguay match was the worst so far for me. The refereeing was so dubious.
    A red card out of nowhere (though it was reckless), dives, fouls not given and I think Suarez bit Chiellini!

If you are sent home due to bad referee decisions, it must be hard to take icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Predictions for today...

Well, you got the result right. The rest? Both games were uber-awful IMO.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Of the 8 teams through so far, 4 are South American, 2 Central American, and 2 European. Argentina have qualified too. It's a very good tournament for the home continent.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Suarez is feral and needs to be put down immediately. Shame Italy didn't progress.

Ivory Coast - never has a team done less with more. I didn't see all replays of the penalty but to me it looked like Samaras just got his foot caught on the pitch. Maybe it was due to a push or maybe it was another poor decision.
  • Bacon Pants
    Options
    The PK was the correct call, Sio clipped his leg. It's a terrible way to lose a game but it happens. Shame too because the Ivory Coast has some excellent players. Costa Rica will push the pace against Greece and they will be hard pressed to come out of that game.

I have nothing positive to say about Saurez, ban him for 20 games minimum. Doesn't matter, Columbia is going to roll through Uruguay.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They just need to do this to him for every match
    dave-portrait_1714959w.jpg
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    edit: double post
  • Unknown
    Options
    phdzcy.gif

I'm guessing his favorite cuisine is Italian... icon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Suarez is being charged by FIFA now and I think the verdict will be out before Uruguay's next match.
    I would be surprised if he plays though, think there will be a lot of outrage.

Apparently, he was pissed with Chiellini for hitting him...
    Earlier in his career, the 27-year-old Suarez was suspended in the Netherlands and England for biting opponents. He didn't confirm or deny biting Chiellini, but said he was angry that the Italian defender had hit him in the eye during the game.

''These are things that happen on the pitch, we were both in the area, he thrust his shoulder into me,'' Suarez said in Spanish. ''These things happen on the pitch, and we don't have to give them so much (importance).''

He never fails to amaze me. Ban the guy already! icon_evil.gif
  • kensterr
    Options
  • Unknown
    Options
    kensterr wrote:

tell me again... how do I give you multiple +rep???
  • kensterr
    Options
    I've got no idea about multiple rep but weekend is coming soon! Means that I can play MPQ and watch FWC at the same time!
  • Bacon Pants
    Options
    Unless some major fix is in, Suarez won't see the pitch Saturday.

Predictions for today:

Group E: France and Switzerland advance
    Group F: Argentina and Nigeria advance

I have a feeling games will be slightly uneventful today...Argentina and France will probably rest some starters. With that said I think Nigeria may beat Argentina today. Switzerland had been largely unimpressive so far, but Honduras is bad, really really bad. It'd take a miracle for them to win this afternoon...but if they win, Ecuador moves on.

I was able to watch Columbia after work last night...assuming they beat Uruguay and Brazil gets past Chile...Brazil is in for a tough match against Columbia.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Messi was owning the field last night until he got subbed out. The Argentina defense need to step up if they want to win this World Cup.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Suarez has been banned for nine international matches and four months...
    Seems too lenient considering it isn't his first time? I was hoping for a year or more but I may be biased icon_twisted.gif
    Report here: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/26/world-cup-luis-suarez-ban-biting-uruguay

Looking forward to the Germany - USA match tonight! Will Klinsmann mastermind a victory over his old team? icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wasn't his last ban 10 games? How is this less??

The day of reckoning is here. I just hope the US don't give up a goal in the early minutes like it seems to always do.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Did anyone else use Jurgen Klinsmanns' letter to get off work today?? If not, here is the link to it... I used it and my boss and I are both taking long lunches to watch the game.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1844294.1403743785!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/klinsmannletter26s-1-web.jpg