World Cup Fever!

Options
Unknown
edited July 2014 in Off Topic
Just wondering if there are other fans who are excited about the world cup! I must say Brazil stole a game from Croatia. That penalty was a dive by Fred and there was also no foul on the goalie. Horrible refereeing.

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What do you expect? FIFA's a joke, so most likely the referees are too! icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    You mean World Goblet.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No.
    Three characters.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yes, I'm jazzed about it. That dive was an embarrassment, and the way he points to the sky afterwards - ugh, i know there are a lot of Brazilians that play this game so I have to be nice icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Absolute embarrassment. But at least we got the Spain v Netherlands game tonight to look forward to. Live and die by the Tiki-Taka!
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I shamefully missed the game today and will probably miss a lot of games throughout the tournament, but I'm excited for it, and looking forward to watching as much as I can.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Apart from refereeing (refering?), I very much enjoyed the game. Great pace and such dedication in both teams!

And Oscar's goal was a masterpiece.

in fact all the goals were visually attractive icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oscar was awesome all game. Without taking anything away from him, I feel the keeper should have done better with that shot.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Can we have a break from new pve and pvp until the world cup is over?
  • Unknown
    Options
    spidy wrote:
    And what? Stuck in prologue and shield training?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    spidy wrote:

Stuck on couch, watching and drinking beers?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcoran wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    spidy wrote:

Stuck on couch, watching and drinking beers?
    I'll do it anyway, while playing MPQ.
  • Unknown
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    Just wondering if there are other fans who are excited about the world cup! I must say Brazil stole a game from Croatia. That penalty was a dive by Fred and there was also no foul on the goalie. Horrible refereeing.

Something like that... but really I didn't see Croatia up to the task to get a victory, and they didn't score a single goal, so would deserve a tie at best. Their goalkeeper was really good but unlucky at the same time. The penalty IMO was not executed properly.

I just realized that WC creates some quality MPQ time, especially for upcoming shield climb. icon_e_wink.gif I see no reason why not multitask on that.

Hope Sp/NL will not be ruined by a referee.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bad ref but Croatia will still get out of that group. Their midfield is very good and, Oscar aside, did a good job of shutting down Brazil. Croatian GK should have saved the penalty and the third goal, so as much as the ref had a shocker, he is hardly blameless.

Looking forward to tonight's games. Spain vs Netherlands particularly.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm waiting for Monday... Portugal vs Germany!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm super excited about the World Cup. I'll probably leave MPQ for a while to focus on the football instead.

I was happy to see Brazi win, even though it did feel like they got a lot of favorable decisions. I find it hard to cheer for a team that gets an own goal.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow Mexico got two legitimate goals ruled out. Referees need new glasses. icon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    If these first two games are any indication of what the officiating is going to be like, it's going to be a huge black eye for the game.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please tell me we have a South American ref for Spain v. Netherlands I can't deal with these less experienced ones making game-altering decisions.

Fred will be competing on the Brazilian Olympic Diving Team in two years time

And I didn't realize Dos Santos' real name was Dos Bad Offsides Calls.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Please tell me we have a South American ref for Spain v. Netherlands I can't deal with these less experienced ones making game-altering decisions.

Fred will be competing on the Brazilian Olympic Diving Team in two years time

And I didn't realize Dos Santos' real name was Dos Bad Offsides Calls.

Youre realizing that we had Colombian referee for Mexico - Cameroon?