Prodigal Sun, Episode 4.5

1414243444547»

Comments

• bahamut685 wrote:
    Just heard about the Sentry from a final node in the event...
    Note to self: stop going to work, it always ends badly.
    Looks like I'll remain stuck in the 'never be able to do at all well in an event again' region, thanks to not having Daken resulting in a "top 600" in the event, coupled with missing that 'free' Sentry for people that're either without jobs or happen to be in the right timezones... /vent

It was open for nearly 12 hours. You can complain all you want, but the devs ensured it was available to all timezones, even at work, you get breaks, you could have checked the final event on your phone. You really have no valid complaint about missing Sentry.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Managed 17th place with some 2.5k points in the last hour (getting up at 5am for the end of a PVE is a given, not even complaining anymore, just the way it is).

I managed to avoid that this time around had a large enough lead to only do the essentials twice in the second to last refresh, and only the Sentry node in the last refresh. I did drop out of top 2 put I already have 5G on X-Joke so only really missed out on 1K ISO.

I will be interesting to if they change anything with the simulator or will it be like the old event and your just rubber band the last two refreshes.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sumilea wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Managed 17th place with some 2.5k points in the last hour (getting up at 5am for the end of a PVE is a given, not even complaining anymore, just the way it is).

I managed to avoid that this time around had a large enough lead to only do the essentials twice in the second to last refresh, and only the Sentry node in the last refresh. I did drop out of top 2 put I already have 5G on X-Joke so only really missed out on 1K ISO.

I will be interesting to if they change anything with the simulator or will it be like the old event and your just rubber band the last two refreshes.
    A propos of nothing - I really appreciate you always posting the base nodes of the missions, it really helps in planning refreshes.
    Meant to thank you for that for a few weeks now icon_e_smile.gif
  • I lost my top #20 spot in the last few hours and was stuck with nothing but lvl 150-170 hulk missions which eat up health packs in an instant. I really wish mid-level players with 2* teams were in brackets with other mid-level players and so on and so on. That way every player in a bracket is facing the same level of scaling. It's frustrating so see the #1 player in my bracket with their best player a lvl 60 xforce wolverine. I remember when I was sporting the classic 2* Thorverine team yet I was still facing off against lvl 240 Juggs, Rags, Venom. This new scaling model blows for any of the long time players.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    bahamut685 wrote:
    Looks like I'll remain stuck in the 'never be able to do at all well in an event again' region, thanks to not having Daken resulting in a "top 600" in the event, coupled with missing that 'free' Sentry for people that're either without jobs or happen to be in the right timezones... /vent

It was open for nearly 12 hours. You can complain all you want, but the devs ensured it was available to all timezones, even at work, you get breaks, you could have checked the final event on your phone. You really have no valid complaint about missing Sentry.

Unless he plays on Steam and y'know, CAN'T check on his phone. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • bahamut685 wrote:

The sentry was there for at least 10 hours, maybe 11 even. Certainly those who abandoned the event before that point missed out.

It's not that bad a timeframe, I recall some earlier PVE when levels dropped massively for the last few hours.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    SUPERTOM wrote:
    I lost my top #20 spot in the last few hours and was stuck with nothing but lvl 150-170 hulk missions which eat up health packs in an instant. I really wish mid-level players with 2* teams were in brackets with other mid-level players and so on and so on. That way every player in a bracket is facing the same level of scaling. It's frustrating so see the #1 player in my bracket with their best player a lvl 60 xforce wolverine. I remember when I was sporting the classic 2* Thorverine team yet I was still facing off against lvl 240 Juggs, Rags, Venom. This new scaling model blows for any of the long time players.

I have to comment that my t10 was all held by decent teams who were at least progressing through the 2-3* transition; most had multiple 141s annd I think the minimum "highest level" character on one of the rosters was a lvl100. Certainly no 1-2* noobs grinding their ways to glory. Of course mine could have been an exception.
  • I made the impossible climb up to #21 from nowhere with like 1-2h to go. Then it turned into chasing the foot of the rainbow, at least 5 people around were making similar push so playing full speed still resulted in t50, probably the very #21. Despite finding some big points for last 10 mins as my easiest gatekeeper node passed reset (due to the server downs I missed playing PVE on the last refresh points just had a few minutes sentenced to that one).

But the same mad rush for the alliance worked out, we managed just not fall out of T100.
  • Dreylin wrote:
    SUPERTOM wrote:
    I lost my top #20 spot in the last few hours and was stuck with nothing but lvl 150-170 hulk missions which eat up health packs in an instant. I really wish mid-level players with 2* teams were in brackets with other mid-level players and so on and so on. That way every player in a bracket is facing the same level of scaling. It's frustrating so see the #1 player in my bracket with their best player a lvl 60 xforce wolverine. I remember when I was sporting the classic 2* Thorverine team yet I was still facing off against lvl 240 Juggs, Rags, Venom. This new scaling model blows for any of the long time players.

I have to comment that my t10 was all held by decent teams who were at least progressing through the 2-3* transition; most had multiple 141s annd I think the minimum "highest level" character on one of the rosters was a lvl100. Certainly no 1-2* noobs grinding their ways to glory. Of course mine could have been an exception.

There were a few 141s right around where I was but my top 10 was almost exclusively 2* rosters.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Dreylin wrote:
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    bahamut685 wrote:
    Unless he plays on Steam and y'know, CAN'T check on his phone. icon_rolleyes.gif
    This is the case, and since they refuse to bother balancing opportunity, players foolish enough to have started on steam 6 months ago continue to get screwed.