Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Congrats to the X-Men! Good win.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't push as hard in this one. Did try to get into top 5, but didn't have enough time as I was dealing with work things. Ended 6th in my bracket with 953.

At least it seemed like an easier bracket this go round, glad I entered the first day. Got IM40 finally too, lol. And at least got me to 10,300 on the season roughly.
  • Yoxgix
    Yoxgix Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    49th place, with a score of 843, whew. That was too close for comfort and was harder to watch the final 10 minutes than many of my top10 spots.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Need a quick vent... 4th place overall, shield drops with 12 minutes (I literally was passing out in bed and couldnt wait that twelve minutes, had fallen asleep twice during the grind) in that 12 minute span I dropped from 960 (4th place) to 682 (88th place), ridiculous.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nemek wrote:

We don't get congrats? icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

You got one lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

Congrats

Failing to prevent X-Men from recruiting Slobofix is your only triumph

icon_e_wink.gif
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Congrats to both Xmen and 5DV on the 1 & 2....great wins by both of you.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I finally got my 5th blue cover for IM. Cost me 2x 3 hour shields b/c I'm an idiot, but whatever. He's finally 5/5/3 instead of 5/4/4.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow! Gratz to X-Men! Shame I couldn't watch the last hours of the tourney, it must've been exciting!

I wouldn't mind someone establishing a twitch channel with some live commentary icon_e_biggrin.gif
    beemand2g wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Last tourney: Reckless in same bracket.
    This tourney: Beee.

I expect Slobofix or any other hardcore (1400+ pts) player in the IM tourney.

You should have said you were in the bracket I would have gave you a free run to IW I was content at 1300
    I was absent 90% of the time for the last 2days, so couldn't push anyway. Finishing #11 is still good, considering time spend in this tourney.

Real shame, as all the rewards suited me perfectly (needed Blue IW, Yellow X-Force and Red IM40).
  • Unknown
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

You got one lol

Bah, ill be expecting more fanfare at the end of heavy metal. Cant wait to go through bp, im40 and lthor teams....
  • Unknown
    Options
    Played a few matches before work to get up to 912 which was 9th at the time. Threw up a shield and knew it wouldn't be good enough for top ten, but I'd probably stay top 25. Ended up 14th. My bracket had Polkio at the top with 1113 down to 940 for 10th.

The season is definitely wearing people down. Our alliance finished 132 when we're usually top 100. Number of people in our group put up 2-400 less than they normally do and I don't blame them at all. The new match making means the entire thing is a grind, not just the 6-800 and up area.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Didn't manage to hold a top 10 spot, but I broke 900 for the first time. Got hit twice before I could shield, for a 17th place finish at 876. Now to see if I can maintain a top 25 place in the next event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Played a few matches before work to get up to 912 which was 9th at the time. Threw up a shield and knew it wouldn't be good enough for top ten, but I'd probably stay top 25. Ended up 14th. My bracket had Polkio at the top with 1113 down to 940 for 10th.

I was in the X-men bracket of death with Armando, Jonny1punch, Stingr4y8, Loahpeh, Twysta.....my score of 1119 earned me ninth place. The top 12 scored above 1100.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My give a **** ran out at 1200 and 2 3hr shields (1 hop). Decided I'd save to 75-150 to get another 4**** I don't need for later when at least o care about the 3***.

I wouldn't say I was in a death bracket based on names, but it still had top 10 around 1100-1280...so...yea. I can only.imagine the costt if they introduced nick fury as a 4**** reward. Make the 3*** reward garbage and see everyone scurry for first and shield hop thier hp into oblivion
  • Unknown
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

You got one lol

Bah, ill be expecting more fanfare at the end of heavy metal. Cant wait to go through bp, im40 and lthor teams....

Haven't you heard? 3rd is the new 1st. Winning is for chumps now. Get with the times, man.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I tried to think of what yet another Loki tournament was like .. Eating a giant, casserole size bowl of plain oatmeal, no seasoning.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Clintman wrote:
    I tried to think of what yet another Loki tournament was like .. Eating a giant, casserole size bowl of plain oatmeal, no seasoning.

They could buff his purple so that it healed the entire team and reduced the enemy to 1hp and I still wouldn't use it because I have other sh*t to get done during the day.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you so much klingsor and Nemek and everyone else! It was our first top 2 finish ever and it felt good to finally give my team a win like that. We work so hard and even though there is no shame coming in 3rd behind SHIELD/5DV it got really old seeing " congratulations on being a top 50 finisher!" Lol. So thank you and I'm so glad the trash talking is over guys. I definitely want a more civil and friendly community here..... No rivalry necessary. Needless stress really.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Carthl wrote:
    IceCat88MN wrote:
    Carthl wrote:
    Right, I'm giving up on this. Won a fight that would have put me over 800, wanted to shield in the hopes that might be enough for top 50... came out to find I'd lost 120. Who needs Iron Man anyway, I just hope he'll never be needed for a required node. HP saved, yaaaay.

I can empathize, Carthl. I had almost this exact experience this morning.

I wouldn't mind hitting the 700-pt wall so much if the match victory points we earn toward the event progression rewards were not also negatively impacted. I would have easily hit 1100 points were I not continually beaten down by my fellow bracketeers. icon_e_wink.gif

The sad part is where 700 used to be enough for a decent placement that would have allowed us to grow our roster, albeit very slowly. Now it's not enough for even one new cover. But the game mechanics don't allow us to climb beyond those 700 points.

So I just logged on again. and some amazing tinykitty happened - I actually had two out of three defensive wins! (Against mStorm and OBW, really people? - Don't say, everyone else was dead and I was out of healthpacks.) Okay. I have 1 healthpacks recharged. 5 matches at 20 points each to reach 800. I can do this.
    Once of those might have been me.

Definitely got smoked by that team in the forest but it might have been a little earlier (cascades of the right colours can happen to anyone and once that team gets rolling it's hard to stop).