God of Lies! May 12 - May 14

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    So I'm at 25 points after placing myself in a bracket the other day and a guy attacks me for 5 points.
    Sweet, I get to retaliate for 33 points straight off the bat.
    Then he comes again for 2 points, so I take 39 off him.
    Yet again he comes for another 2 points, so I strip 43 off him.
    At this stage I've got all my points off a seed team and this guy.

It makes me sad that he must not even realise what he is doing.

Meanwhile, another guy has just attacked me for 5, leaving me another 30 point retaliation match.
    I don't get why these guys don't just skip these low value matches.
    Sure it may be an easy win but at a huge net loss, it's totally not worth the grief.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's good for me but it's utterly mind-boggling that some people do this. icon_lol.gif

I thought I had one of these guys last night, but he didn't bite after the counter-retal. I guess -75 was enough for him
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I'm at 25 points after placing myself in a bracket the other day and a guy attacks me for 5 points.
    Sweet, I get to retaliate for 33 points straight off the bat.
    Then he comes again for 2 points, so I take 39 off him.
    Yet again he comes for another 2 points, so I strip 43 off him.
    At this stage I've got all my points off a seed team and this guy.

It makes me sad that he must not even realise what he is doing.

Meanwhile, another guy has just attacked me for 5, leaving me another 30 point retaliation match.
    I don't get why these guys don't just skip these low value matches.
    Sure it may be an easy win but at a huge net loss, it's totally not worth the grief.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's good for me but it's utterly mind-boggling that some people do this. icon_lol.gif
    Yeah, had this yesterday where I'd take 40+ off someone 3 times because he kept retaliating for 8 points or so.
    Must be a pride thing or something.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I spy a Ghast in my bracket. D:
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Yeah, had this yesterday where I'd take 40+ off someone 3 times because he kept retaliating for 8 points or so.

The vast majority of the player base is far less informed about game mechanics and ideal strategy than even a relatively new forum member.
  • Unknown
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

The vast majority of the player base is far less informed about game mechanics and ideal strategy than even a relatively new forum member.

After a couple of times that you get retaliated for 40 points and you're offered to counter-retaliate for 8, it shouldn't be that hard to catch the drift...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just had one of those really god damn infuriating matches that I actually haven't had in a while. The enemy gets absolutely everything they need and everything goes perfectly for them, and the ONLY move you can make is a useless match three that somehow sets the enemy up for multiple match-5s in one turn. Just makes you want to scream some times... I guess I should have taken my 300 Pack Reward being a Bagman as a sign that this event was going to be awful for me. icon_razz.gif

Just trying to get a decent amount of points in this event makes me feel like it's going to be impossible to get the 1000 I need in Season 1 to get to the 10-Pack reward.
  • Unknown
    Options
    datKrow wrote:

Shhhhh..... I'm hiding.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i get passed 600 points for the first time ever in my PvP career here (although i didnt need thor's cover) and already im getting attacked. I need to retain my points im like 500 points away from 5000 points for my ten pack.

Not shielding until tomorrow I can only afford a 3 hour one
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    i get passed 600 points for the first time ever in my PvP career here (although i didnt need thor's cover) and already im getting attacked. I need to retain my points im like 500 points away from 5000 points for my ten pack.

Depending on how many roster slots you have you might want to consider saving that HP for now. This season will still have at least one more PvP event (maybe two, not sure) and SHIELD simulator, so worst case scenario you can shield at the final event to make sure you get 5k.
    You might run out of roster slots depending on what you get from the 10-pack.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:

Depending on how many roster slots you have you might want to consider saving that HP for now. This season will still have at least one more PvP event (maybe two, not sure) and SHIELD simulator, so worst case scenario you can shield at the final event to make sure you get 5k.

I have 19 at the moment, not planning on getting everyone in the game. I dont want to constantly see me losing points. Last time i lost 105 points at the end of the last event, and i struggled to get them all back.

I dont know I might take up your offer. I think tomorrow's new event (Heavy Metal) will help me get to 5000 in no time
  • Unknown
    Options
    Soooo It may not even matter because of the **** bracket change that we still have no comment on but... where the hell is shield from the top 10?!?! Less than a day to go and they are nowhere to be found! same with 5DV. I normally try and make sure they have all entered before I join but I think they are hiding.. hmm. I'm scared!
  • Unknown
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    Soooo It may not even matter because of the **** bracket change that we still have no comment on but... where the hell is shield from the top 10?!?! Less than a day to go and they are nowhere to be found! same with 5DV. I normally try and make sure they have all entered before I join but I think they are hiding.. hmm. I'm scared!

It's only the top 5-6 scores of shield you have to worry about. The others just kinda push to between 1.1-1.3 and stop. Sometimes less. Also, you are only up by a few points on me in season, why you slackin sauce? Since I had 2 sub1k scores u guys should be toastin me (as in 600+ lead). I hoped in, only did 3 matches, to one last night and the bracket seems okay. Of course, who knows how many bodies float up as the time gets closer to the end lol.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:

There should be 2 more pvp events in order to gain points, that and you can climb the simulator rather fast. I went from 300 to 1k yesterday doing 50 point matches stripping points from the 2k players I see, thanks stupid mmr system?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    datKrow wrote:

Shhhhh..... I'm hiding.

Hiding.

...waiting.

...lurking.

Seems like a fairly chill bracket so far though.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got to about 820 and got hit by Nonce Equitar 3 times for about -120. Him and his fitted kitchens can go straight to hell!! icon_evil.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:

Walkyourpath and I are in the same bracket, but I've lost him. He and I apparently took different paths.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:

Walkyourpath and I are in the same bracket, but I've lost him. He and I apparently took different paths.

Totally not true to his name. We need to petition support to change his name to Walkhisownpath.

And most of 5DV run pvp late, so don't expect us to jump up to top 10 any time soon. I am surprised that SHIELD isn't there yet though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Do you hear the same voice as me whenever spidey gets off his blue: nannanananaa..! And then he gets hit in the head with a hammer.

Devs moneygrab scheme payed off as I'm seeing tons of paid spideys in this and the last pvp.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm going to try to get to around 750 in this tournament then Shield once there are 8 hours or less left this round. Should be enough for Top 10 in my bracket, and it'll help me get to the 10 Pack.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Am I crazy or did my MMR switch like an hour ago back to pre kyipgate? I was having a **** ball getting to 1k it was amazing I didn't care I was getting hit my the 141's I played earlier today. OBW two star teams all the way to 1k shredded like uh shredded wheat, with frosting. Right when I started my run I only got the same 5 141 teams all lower points than me at 300...and then after almost wiping on the first match bam...mmr switch hit and we took it.

If this is permanent then pvp is back to its golden age again. If it was a fluke then I shoulda pushed for first place but joki is a pretty big carry, he does as much favors as Rags on defense didnt bother. !k is fine with me. Don't need yellow X-force anyways.