God of Lies! May 12 - May 14

Options

Comments

• franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Am I crazy or did my MMR switch like an hour ago back to pre kyipgate? I was having a tinykitty ball getting to 1k it was amazing I didn't care I was getting hit my the 141's I played earlier today. OBW two star teams all the way to 1k shredded like uh shredded wheat, with frosting. Right when I started my run I only got the same 5 141 teams all lower points than me at 300...and then after almost wiping on the first match bam...mmr switch hit and we took it.

If this is permanent then pvp is back to its golden age again. If it was a fluke then I shoulda pushed for first place but joki is a pretty big carry, he does as much favors as Rags on defense didnt bother. !k is fine with me. Don't need yellow X-force anyways.
    Lucky you!!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have... sort of an idea of what you just said. I'm pretty sure I just need to get more maxed out 2-Stars (have some in the mid to upper 70s, but only maxed out Thor), then work on my 3-Stars.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Lucky you!!!!

I'm still getting hit by the 141's I fought at 100 points hah good thing I shielded out for now anyways heh. Been mono 141 teams since doom.

Try some simulator francky! I cant be the only one. If I am I probably just ruined it and its back to 141 hell in heavy metal lol.

Edit: May have been a fluke...lightning rounds are all 141's. I did some skipping after I took a shower, pulled up a few high end teams in Joki pvp but nothing weak looking. And simulator looks 141 as well...dam. cry...

Well that was the most fun I had in weeks in the game and its gone icon_e_sad.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Until today, I'd never been on the receiving end of an MStorm forest beatdown...

Granted, there was a bit of luck getting it going (OBW cascaded enough red and purple) but after about turn two I was toast. I'm using Ares and I never got enough to AP to even get one Onslaught off - every turn I got hit with Mistress, AR, and Lightning Storm and then widow healed everyone. I think I might have got Illusions off once but that was it icon_e_confused.gif

I hadn't even done any damage by the time Loki finally fell.

Still in the top 50 so it's not all bad icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm going to join now, anyone want to be bracket buds?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well who says the crazy scores are caused by top 3 alliances trying to beat each other?
    Im in a bracket without any member from those 3 in top 10 except me, and b3fore I even started the leader has scored 1250 already...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Grazzt wrote:
    Well who says the crazy scores are caused by top 3 alliances trying to beat each other?
    Im in a bracket without any member from those 3 in top 10 except me, and b3fore I even started the leader has scored 1250 already...

I think it's hardly surprising that people are trying for that last minute push since season 1 ending is imminent.

Now if this craziness keeps up at the start of the next season, then I'd actually be worried about what kind of guys we have playing this game.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I think it's hardly surprising that people are trying for that last minute push since season 1 ending is imminent.

Now if this craziness keeps up at the start of the next season, then I'd actually be worried about what kind of guys we have playing this game.
    I agree it's not particularly surprising to see people pushing hard at this point in season 1, but I don't quite understand why people (not just you, I've seen it elsewhere) think this increase in competitiveness is somehow going to go away simply because it'll be a new season. Is it because a lot of people have just decided to be less competitive? What if the new rewards are even better than the old ones? Won't people understand that every event counts for the same amount and go just as hard at the beginning of the next season as they do at the end of this one?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shielded out at 1100 for the time being. Feel free to hit me.

Sorry to anyone I **** on the way up. Limited options at the 1k mark and it's a feeding frenzy still.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I agree it's not particularly surprising to see people pushing hard at this point in season 1, but I don't quite understand why people (not just you, I've seen it elsewhere) think this increase in competitiveness is somehow going to go away simply because it'll be a new season. Is it because a lot of people have just decided to be less competitive? What if the new rewards are even better than the old ones? Won't people understand that every event counts for the same amount and go just as hard at the beginning of the next season as they do at the end of this one?
    Lots of people are being burned out by this season and have said they're taking it easier (though we'll see how long that lasts, and their 'taking it easy' is probably still like 1.3k)
  • Unknown
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    Shielded out at 1100 for the time being. Feel free to hit me.

Sorry to anyone I **** on the way up. Limited options at the 1k mark and it's a feeding frenzy still.

I am in your bracket it seems. I am gonna try for 1100 and maybe more and then drop an 8 hour shield. Feel free to let me win ;P I hate these stupid new brackets. I came in to one with a guy already shielded at 1100 points. Have the devs commented on this yet? I am sick of it!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    I hate these stupid new brackets. I came in to one with a guy already shielded at 1100 points. Have the devs commented on this yet? I am sick of it!
    It could be worse. You could wake up to Nemek coming out of nowhere 6 hours ago to be at over 1100 after you went to bed.
    And the Top 2 have been shielded way north of 1200 since about 12 hours into the tourney.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:
    I hate these stupid new brackets. I came in to one with a guy already shielded at 1100 points. Have the devs commented on this yet? I am sick of it!
    It could be worse. You could wake up to Nemek coming out of nowhere 6 hours ago to be at over 1100 after you went to bed.
    And the Top 2 have been shielded way north of 1200 since about 12 hours into the tourney.
    Oh you're in that bracket too? Must have missed your name last time I looked. I knew Nemek was there only cause I happened to see him down at 25 or whatever when I was hanging out there for a while as well. I was really hoping for an easier bracket this time around but with the top 10 already shielded north of 900, I can only imagine they'll go higher, so it might be a tough one. Going to start climbing soon-ish, hopefully won't hit too many bumps along the way - hoping for ~1100 and a top 10.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:
    Oh you're in that bracket too? Must have missed your name last time I looked. I knew Nemek was there only cause I happened to see him down at 25 or whatever when I was hanging out there for a while as well. I was really hoping for an easier bracket this time around but with the top 10 already shielded north of 900, I can only imagine they'll go higher, so it might be a tough one. Going to start climbing soon-ish, hopefully won't hit too many bumps along the way - hoping for ~1100 and a top 10.
    I only made my way into top 10 in the last 90 minutes as well.
    I _was_ going for top 10 because I actually needed that red IM40 for respec, but MPQ, with its great sense of irony, decided to give me that cover in a normal token 10 minutes ago.
    So I'll shield hop once or twice and see where it gets me. If 1100 is reachable, fine, else I'll just slink down to somewhere in top 25.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just noticed something. While randomly clicking through the various pages of the in-game cover store I came across the God of Lies page. The new layout features pictures of heroes (presumably those you might find in that particular token) across the top. The God of Lies page features Bagman, Loki, and Bullseye. That should entice some purchases!
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    This tournament is weird.
    I'm pretty sure I got beaten up by a Spiderman team who cast ATU on turn two AND three without making a single blue match, let alone having 4 blue.
    And Thor casting his red twice by turn 3.

I guess you really can't count on anything when Loki is around...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I still don't get how people are able to get into the 1000s in these things, unless it's just thanks to having Teams of 141s.

Was going to wait until about an hour from now to Shield up to hopefully be done with the event, but in my waiting I got hit for around -100. Gonna spend the next hour or so getting back up there before Shielding for 8 hours. Wish me luck.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i actually like the phrase "you cannot count on anything with loki around". It makes people completely pissed off sometimes, and have to subscribe to that. wahahahaha
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not paying attention and shielded 20 minutes sooner than I meant to, so here is hoping I don't get qued up to much in the last few minutes. If I luck out, I may pull off my first top 10 pvp placement.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I still don't get how people are able to get into the 1000s in these things, unless it's just thanks to having Teams of 141s.
    Well, yeah, it's maxed 3*.
    But since everyone and his dog is going for 1200+ these days it's still a bloodbath because Patch/CMags can kill everything so you're never safe, especially with boosts.

Random side note: My god Match Damage + 100% plus colour damage _is_ crazy effective against Hood.
    Just tore through Nemek's Hood and LT in about 90 seconds o_o

Edit: I got you queued up, bee. Any threshold I should wait for before hitting you?