God of Lies! May 12 - May 14

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Holy hell, that was stressful. Was in the mid 500s. Got up to 766 points for first place a minute ago and shielded for the last 8 hours. Hopefully it'll be enough to keep me in the top 10.

I gotta get high leveled 3 stars...
  • Unknown
    Options
    quick shoutout to beezer:

can i get the yellow xforce at 1350 or less, or are you pushing on to 1400+ (which i just don't feel like dealing with tonight)?

and to think i was all excited about my weak bracket, first shield at 1140, #2 was like 800... come back 2 hours later and beezer is sitting at #2 with 1k :/.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And I'm done with this godawful tourney.

Fire away if you got me queued - it's not like you'd need any encouragement for that, anyway :S

Please, devs: If you keep making us compete for season points continually, PLEASE give us meaningful rewards in the tourneys? Pretty please? With cherry on top?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lol I am like an investment these days if you catch me in a node save me for later. well guys season 2 I'll be going casual mode so enjoy those 40+ points now while the sale lasts.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    Lol I am like an investment these days if you catch me in a node save me for later. well guys season 2 I'll be going casual mode so enjoy those 40+ points now while the sale lasts.
    You got me over 1100 which is all I wanted, no need to save you icon_e_wink.gif

I guess we're all going to go casual in 4 days, I don't see myself keeping up that much HP expenditure for **** rewards.
  • Unknown
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    quick shoutout to beezer:

can i get the yellow xforce at 1350 or less, or are you pushing on to 1400+ (which i just don't feel like dealing with tonight)?

and to think i was all excited about my weak bracket, first shield at 1140, #2 was like 800... come back 2 hours later and beezer is sitting at #2 with 1k :/.

It's yours icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lol you were one of 17 people who has hit my shield in the last hour. Some who I hit on my climb so not actually directed at you but glad I could get you over that 1100 mark. Yea I am going to go back in hiding now that the commanders have allowed me to. Don't like this exposure preferred it when I could sneak a win here and there and no one knew.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    And I'm done with this godawful tourney.

Fire away if you got me queued - it's not like you'd need any encouragement for that, anyway :S

Please, devs: If you keep making us compete for season points continually, PLEASE give us meaningful rewards in the tourneys? Pretty please? With cherry on top?
    Actually they said it themselves that rewards are supposed to be rather NOT too significant and just be a cherry on the top... it's just the human nature of being as competitive as you can that causes some people to go to stupid lengths to win every tournament to finally place high or 1st in whole season...
    unreasonable but understandable...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    What HP expenditure are you talking about? Personally, I always try not to shield if I don't need the covers. Still managed to land top 5 in Krakadoom without shielding, just played during the last hour and got 950+ points. Should have foregone shielding in the two recent events where I actually needed all three covers (Doctor's Orders for Falcon and Top Gun for Patch) since I couldn't make it to top 10 anyway with pretty high (personally) scores of 1140+ and 1150+, and unshielded top 50 is quite easily manageable AND more profitable than shielded top 25. But I do seem to remember you having inconvenient event end times for MPQ, right, Bowgentle?
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    About sick of this system. Was shield at around 892. When it ended, did a few matches, got to about 980, was hit by three teams for over -160, and tinykitty retals, one worth 6, one worth 16, one worth 21. Then immediately hit twice more for another 90 points, only one of the two retals was over 30, the other, again, less than 10.

Considering I don't have a 141 on my team yet, I understand I may be "fresh meat" to some. Placed decent in the last few events, I just don't have it in me to stay awake all night to try to climb a damn ladder that the rungs keep breaking off on.

Only really in this one for two reasons..season points, but more importantly, I don't have IM40. Yet, virtually every team that took 40+ points a pop all have him, two teams with him on the team, yet I found maybe one match over 30 points between 700-900, and that was a retal from someone who took 40 or so.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Slowly pushed to about 650 doing matches slowly throughout the day. Question is...do I use 2-3 shields and ain for what is becoming "my usual" 1300....or do I save the hp and only push to 1000-1100 and throw up a shield @around 3hrs left?

With having to do another refresh of the dakan tourney..I am just...so pooped and uninterested in a tournement with im as the reward. Literally the first 3*** I cover maxed....in November or early Dec.... I reeeaally hope the next season has something diff to it and at the very least has decent tournements. Falcon rewards were about the only ones worthwhile. Hope the I'm tourney is falcon/ht/bp/dakan. Whether or not I have the cover maxed tends to be a good way to know if they haven't given a cover as a reward very often as I think I have missed top 10 for a "New" cover tournement I think only once ever...because I didn't do the tourney at all. Bp/ht have been woefully given.

Gl to everyone with thier pushes, unless u r in my bracket lol.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Umm dark silence - any reason why you gave me +17 and +15 defensive wins? It's not that I'm not grateful - just a bit puzzled.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meh, I give up. A few hundred ISO latter, I'm still only seeing 5 people, none of whom are worth any pioints any more. Feels like a waste doing a 8 hour shield 4 hours away from the end, but I'm not going to wake up for that, and if I don't shield, I'm going to end up a few hundred in the hole unless I am churning through batches as fast as possible for the next hour, which isn't worth it
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well I lost 90 points over night hoping to earn some back but I'm not going to rank high as I was yesterday I really need that ten pack now..,.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So, apparently breaking into the top 10 for someone who is transitioning from 2* -> 3* is extremely difficult. I shielded last night at 958. this morning, decided to do some shield hopping to hopefully break 1000, which I barely did. Before I could shield again, I got hit by a 3* team that dropped me back to 965. I'm not expecting top 5, but getting two covers would really help. At this point, I'm tempted to just farm as much iso as possible and just go buy recruit tokens!
  • Unknown
    Options
    God I have spent way too much HP for freaking Iron Man Covers

On my last attempt to shield hop I went from 910 to 980, tried for one more match to crack 1000, and got knocked down to 870 while in the battle. 16th place icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    Umm dark silence - any reason why you gave me +17 and +15 defensive wins? It's not that I'm not grateful - just a bit puzzled.

I got cascade ****... TWICE against you. Almost threw my phone before remembering it's only a game :/
  • Unknown
    Options
    This match making is the greatest **** I have ever seen. I do not have ONE SINGLE fight over 22 points queued. Since maybe ~500 points. I skipped 20 teams to try and find one at at least 25 - nada. On the other hand, every single attack costs me ~32 points, never less. What is this nonsense? D3, you want me to use shields? Well I'd love to! But how am I supposed to rise high enough to even use a shield, if I essentially lose 10 points for every 20 I gain?
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I got cascade ****... TWICE against you. Almost threw my phone before remembering it's only a game :/

Man - that's a tough break. I'm glad that you managed to climb back up though and I sincerely hope you have better luck in the last 2 hours!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm in an "easy" bracket for this and I'm still having issues.

Retaliations are a ****, as I keep getting into the 900s, which is top 10 in my bracket, then knocked all the way back down into the high 700s.