God of Lies! May 12 - May 14

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Right, I'm giving up on this. Won a fight that would have put me over 800, wanted to shield in the hopes that might be enough for top 50... came out to find I'd lost 120. Who needs Iron Man anyway, I just hope he'll never be needed for a required node. HP saved, yaaaay.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Last tourney: Reckless in same bracket.
    This tourney: Beee.

I expect Slobofix or any other hardcore (1400+ pts) player in the IM tourney.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Carthl wrote:
    Right, I'm giving up on this. Won a fight that would have put me over 800, wanted to shield in the hopes that might be enough for top 50... came out to find I'd lost 120. Who needs Iron Man anyway, I just hope he'll never be needed for a required node. HP saved, yaaaay.
    I'm afraid he is required sometimes just like any other 3*. But hopefully the only event that's going to feature him soon is Heavy Metal.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I finished my last push in this tourney using the loaner Loki. I just find him so terribly useless.

BTW, I'm shielded, so attack away.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Carthl wrote:

I can empathize, Carthl. I had almost this exact experience this morning.

I wouldn't mind hitting the 700-pt wall so much if the match victory points we earn toward the event progression rewards were not also negatively impacted. I would have easily hit 1100 points were I not continually beaten down by my fellow bracketeers. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    IceCat88MN wrote:
    Carthl wrote:

I can empathize, Carthl. I had almost this exact experience this morning.

I wouldn't mind hitting the 700-pt wall so much if the match victory points we earn toward the event progression rewards were not also negatively impacted. I would have easily hit 1100 points were I not continually beaten down by my fellow bracketeers. icon_e_wink.gif

The sad part is where 700 used to be enough for a decent placement that would have allowed us to grow our roster, albeit very slowly. Now it's not enough for even one new cover. But the game mechanics don't allow us to climb beyond those 700 points.

So I just logged on again. and some amazing **** happened - I actually had two out of three defensive wins! (Against mStorm and OBW, really people? - Don't say, everyone else was dead and I was out of healthpacks.) Okay. I have 1 healthpacks recharged. 5 matches at 20 points each to reach 800. I can do this.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Finally hit 950 so I could shield in my bracket.

Good enough for 7th for now, though that may change.

Thankfully I'm not in a Bracket Of Death, as the only "name" involved is Shamusyeah of SHIELD at #1 (1225).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got my little 1100 Loki cover and shielded. They're going to need an IW green cover to get me to go for 1300.

Or Fury, which they can put at 2600 and totally destroy brackets forever.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    the comp between top alliances have reached unreal stages.. i took a look a their score.. i mean woooah.. talked about effort.. shield hopping at its max..not that it matters to me.. i'm happy not to have to work that hard for my alliance.. it seems x-men have done a lot of drafting too.. i saw slobofix and dark silence in their crew.. they defintely dont play the same game than us.. no offense though..
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Last tourney: Reckless in same bracket.
    This tourney: Beee.

I expect Slobofix or any other hardcore (1400+ pts) player in the IM tourney.

You should have said you were in the bracket I would have gave you a free run to IW I was content at 1300
  • Unknown
    Options
    the comp between top alliances have reached unreal stages.. i took a look a their score.. i mean woooah.. talked about effort.. shield hopping at its max..not that it matters to me.. i'm happy not to have to work that hard for my alliance.. it seems x-men have done a lot of drafting too.. i saw slobofix and dark silence in their crew.. they defintely dont play the same game than us.. no offense though..
    some people shield hop more, but i find i only need to shield hop once to get in the 1200 range, two times if i want 1300, so im not even using a lot of hp icon_e_wink.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Too Easy wrote:
    some people shield hop more, but i find i only need to shield hop once to get in the 1200 range, two times if i want 1300, so im not even using a lot of hp icon_e_wink.gif
    i wasn't thinking about you, too easy.. icon_e_wink.gif
    i was once in a bracket where one of those guy was shielded the whole event.. and shield hop at will.. don't even have the time to retaliate..
  • Unknown
    Options
    891 and shielded, enough for top 25 but not even near top 10.
    Can't wait for this season to end.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Man, I had a ridiculous time trying to go from 1000 to 1100 early this morning. The swarm was attacking me left and right.

...Loki is such a terrible character.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Congrats to xmen and 5dv caught us out this event lol. To d3 let's not see another Loki event keep him strictly for PVE
  • Unknown
    Options
    datKrow wrote:
    Man, I had a ridiculous time trying to go from 1000 to 1100 early this morning. The swarm was attacking me left and right.

The worst part is sitting through his **** Purple move every turn. 5 seconds of animation that results in massive cascades.... when the AI uses it. Mine just wastes 5 seconds and gives me a board that I swear has 20 different colors on it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got hit for -350 in the last 3 minutes, went from 12 to 56. Wonderful.
  • evohero
    evohero Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Just went from #7 to #62 in the last eight minutes (was #35 with 2 minutes remaining). Was hoping that I could hang on to the Top 50 for an extra Iron Man cover so I wasn't only rolling with one in the Heavy Metal. MMR probably too high anyway to get to the Heroic 10-Pack. Probably will stop playing the game for a bit once this season is over, especially if I don't get the 10-Pack. Then again, the 10-Pack will probably be six Moonstones and four Bullseyes and I'll stop playing the game anyway.

Oh well, Demiurge got my money, and I put an extra row in their ARPDAU spreadsheet. Good for them.

EDIT: Just remembered that the 2* reward is Bullseye, so careful what I wish for, I guess. Fun times.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dslyexic wrote:
    datKrow wrote:

The worst part is sitting through his **** Purple move every turn. 5 seconds of animation that results in massive cascades.... when the AI uses it. Mine just wastes 5 seconds and gives me a board that I swear has 20 different colors on it.

Yeah, I agree. Almost makes me wish I kept it at 3 or 4 points instead. The extra swaps are hardly noticeable.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So for some unimaginable reason and following three or four defensive wins (that gave me 30+ how? where did they come from?) I managed to get into top 50 range again and maintain that position in the last few minutes icon_eek.gif finished #39 with 797 points. Whooo!