God of Lies! May 12 - May 14

Comments

• i can use both 4stars, so i'm praying i can get in a bracket where 1300ish is enough and i don't have to dump hp pointless to hold a lead again.
  • I only just got a Loki, so it's not very high leveled. What kind of team should I go with for this event? Should I do OBW and MN Thor? Or something else? I feel like I need someone that can hit hard.
  • Okay, this one I'll actually have to win (i.e. place in top 50, please, who's talking about actually winning), I don't have an IM 40 at all yet. At least it's the 6pm ending time. Ugh. I don't want to. Top 25 in krakadoom needed around 800. Guess I'll make a push in the morning and put an 8h shield up and hope for the best, because there's no way I'll be able to keep up with the 40 point attacks to maintain that place in those last crucial 3 hours.

Edit:
    Mmmh. Joined. Seems to be a new bracket - #1 had 64 when I came in to #30 with my first match. I checked all the 19 players I can see besides myself - almost every single one of them with a full strength 2* roster and progressing 3*. Not one or two people from 1* land in the bunch. A few need a couple more covers to finish their 2* teams. I almost want to tell them not to bother. And maxed 85 matches from the get-go, no seed teams, no easy matches to get you started. Nope. it's grind, grind, grind.

Just how badly do I need IM 40 anyway? Besides Psylocke (who I def. need) and DD (who just might be the one 3* I really won't mind not getting), IM 40 is the only 3* who I don't have at all yet.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    I know, I was looking to use my 1*s on the seed teams so I could use my 2s on the pve after getting the token. No luck, Thor and Ares right from the get go. Will have to do those nodes tomorrow, just glad I resigned myself to **** placement.

At least the God of Lies token netted me my second hood cover, the standard one my last OBW cover so if I miss out on IM40 I can't complain about this one.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    As I actually need red and blue, I probably won't get top 10 again even with a 1150+ score (Murphy's Law invoked perfectly!). But OTOH IM 40 goes best with Patch and lazyCap, and their respective reds and blue are 9000 times better anyway.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are at least 3 players already shielded in my bracket. One of them is currently at #2 (with 581 pts), but the others are around the low 30's (just over 300 pts).

That said, I don't see any names I recognise. The shielded #2 is Sgt Scribble, so if you see him then you're also in my bracket.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got into an almost full bracket it seems, no-one I recognize in the top 10.

Which means there's probably reckless, Bee and 5 each of the 5deadlysomethings plus x-men in there.
  • greaaaaaaaaat another hoki poki event *sighs* if only MPQ made both him and venom, both my favorite marvel villians better then they are

I dont have my own so im forced to use the loner. I dont even use his power unless I need to.

I do fear of using Daken for this one xD The AI Loki might use the move and change my strike titles to his team's defense title.
  • Patch Berzerker Rage.
    Then spam of CMags' red and Loki's Purple.
    GG.

Often I don't even need Trickery.

Fun times icon_e_smile.gif

(Not that it means I'll give Loki more lvls. He's fine at 50.)
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    I only just got a Loki, so it's not very high leveled. What kind of team should I go with for this event? Should I do OBW and MN Thor? Or something else? I feel like I need someone that can hit hard.

Can't go wrong with OBW+Thor (or Ares) in the desert!

Also, my SECRET STRATEGY is to use the loaner Loki since it only has a black, so none of that AI using Illusions instead of Aggressive Recon **** icon_e_wink.gif
  • Eyris6
    Eyris6 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Bullseye again? Did I miss the secret memo where he doesn't suck, or are the devs just trolling us with all these events giving him out? I'd love to try for my first IM40 cover, but with the Season 1 thing going, seems unlikely.
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Eyris6 wrote:
    Bullseye again? Did I miss the secret memo where he doesn't suck, or are the devs just trolling us with all these events giving him out? I'd love to try for my first IM40 cover, but with the Season 1 thing going, seems unlikely.

You can do it man. Your alliance believes in you!
  • I have been doing m storm and Wolvie all this time but I feel like I should try something else.

I could do obw with Wolvie or Thor but she is currently 1/2/5 and level 41 and can only be leveled up to only 46 until I can obtain more covers. I might wait to get her purple to 2 or 3 before I use her in PvP unless having it at 1 is great for now
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    IM40 was my first 3 star... 7 months later, I can finally get that last blue cover I need! Woop!

EDIT: My top ten are at 600+ points after 15 hours, and I keep getting attacked by lvl 141+ teams... I may have spoke too soon Q_Q
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    gamar wrote:

Also, my SECRET STRATEGY is to use the loaner Loki since it only has a black, so none of that AI using Illusions instead of Aggressive Recon **** icon_e_wink.gif

I always cackle gleefully when my opponent's Loki uses illusions instead of aggressive recon.
  • Pamizard wrote:
    I have been doing m storm and Wolvie all this time but I feel like I should try something else.

I could do obw with Wolvie or Thor but she is currently 1/2/5 and level 41 and can only be leveled up to only 46 until I can obtain more covers. I might wait to get her purple to 2 or 3 before I use her in PvP unless having it at 1 is great for now
    Agressive Recon is fine at 1. It only costs 5, so you can get it off very fast. You should definitely give her a try. Having a healer makes a HUGE difference on how much you can play.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uh oh, I've got nemek in my bracket this time. Hope that isn't a bad omen for things to come.
  • gamar wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I only just got a Loki, so it's not very high leveled. What kind of team should I go with for this event? Should I do OBW and MN Thor? Or something else? I feel like I need someone that can hit hard.

Can't go wrong with OBW+Thor (or Ares) in the desert!

Okay. I think I'll probably go with Thor just because he's max leveled and all that. Though I could probably get Ares' level up higher if I wanted to...
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    grimeon wrote:
    IM40 was my first 3 star... 7 months later, I can finally get that last blue cover I need! Woop!

He was my first 3 star as well, I've also had 12/13 covers for months. Of course, I got the final yellow cover for him last week. Figures.
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    Okay. I think I'll probably go with Thor just because he's max leveled and all that. Though I could probably get Ares' level up higher if I wanted to...

Thor with Loki? Won't they hurt each other?