Bad is Good APR 11-APR 13

14567810»

Comments

• Ben Grimm wrote:
    1) The whole thing just annoys me too much. If one of the large ones wanted me, I'd probably break down and join it at this point, but I don't particularly feel like paying my way in, and I like being to take events off if I feel like it, so it's not fair of me to expect that. I also resent the whole HP sink and naked cashgrab aspects of it, where within about a week it went from "Hey, these are a fun thing you can do" to "they're mandatory for several of the prizes" to "a 20 person alliance is necessary for the decent prizes" and I have no illusions it's going to stop there. If they had spread it out more, it might not bug me as much, but they clearly introduced this as a monetization stream and I liked the game more before it was there. And I'm ornery.

2) Eh, maybe, but, once I thought about it a little, I realized even top 20 on one of them isn't going to happen, because I'm at work when the PVE ends, and top 20 is impossible unless I'm out that day (and there are lines I won't cross for this game). I might put a fourth yellow on it if I get one, but I'm not going out of my way to get one.

Yeah I get your point on both of them, if you can't play during the last hour of the event you lose out on rewards, and real life >> games.

And regarding #1... I lucked out and squeezed into my alliance before they were full on people though so that's good for me... It is a little tedious at times having to participate in all the events but the team aspect is good though, less like we're playing alone (although that might be a good or bad thing depending on the person).
  • Doragon wrote:
    And regarding #1... I lucked out and squeezed into my alliance before they were full on people though so that's good for me... It is a little tedious at times having to participate in all the events but the team aspect is good though, less like we're playing alone (although that might be a good or bad thing depending on the person).

Part of it, admittedly, is I just like playing alone. I don't want responsibilities to other people complicating the game. And I also have the advantages of being in good shape, cover wise; if I leveled the way most people do I'd probably have a Patch at 141 and a Punisher at 128, but I like leveling up evenly so I have an ultra-flexible roster (I have 15 people at 82nd level, and it means I've always got good personnel for any event except the 1* ones. It limits me somewhat in PVP, but I can't remember the last time I aimed for top ten and didn't get it). I'm ISO-constrained, not cover constrained; so the missing covers are annoying, but not the end of the world.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Viorala wrote:
    I'm not positive, but sounds like a team I fought in the last hour desperation. I only had 85 Ares and 40 Venom and Ares had half health. Ares is useless at half health. Not like Modern Hawkeye, he could be at 300 health and still go for a couple matches. Nooo, the God of War needs a health pack every three minutes. Next he'll be asking me to serve him ambrosia and fan him with palm leaves.
    Well yeah, that's the point of tank characters. Most of the rounds, the only one of my characters who had any damage coming out of it was rags (who usually was down like 5k if the enemy ares got an ability off). Hell, for a while I was leaving ares at half health to use his boosted red

Yes, yes, but when it's the last hour and you're trying to score points in a ridiculous tourney and even more ridiculous events, you're allowed to complain...wait a minute...

Maybe this was just D3's way of saying, "I'll give the forums something to complain about! Take that, and that, and THAT!"
  • Viorala wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Viorala wrote:
    I'm not positive, but sounds like a team I fought in the last hour desperation. I only had 85 Ares and 40 Venom and Ares had half health. Ares is useless at half health. Not like Modern Hawkeye, he could be at 300 health and still go for a couple matches. Nooo, the God of War needs a health pack every three minutes. Next he'll be asking me to serve him ambrosia and fan him with palm leaves.
    Well yeah, that's the point of tank characters. Most of the rounds, the only one of my characters who had any damage coming out of it was rags (who usually was down like 5k if the enemy ares got an ability off). Hell, for a while I was leaving ares at half health to use his boosted red

Yes, yes, but when it's the last hour and you're trying to score points in a ridiculous tourney and even more ridiculous events, you're allowed to complain...wait a minute...

Maybe this was just D3's way of saying, "I'll give the forums something to complain about! Take that, and that, and THAT!"

Well it was a little quiet there for a few days last week
  • Initially I wasn't too enthused about this one. I started the event with a 55 Ares, missing some green covers, a one cover Rag, and a 4/2 level 6 Daken. Sunk some ISO into them and finished up with something like 60 Ares, 30 Daken, 25 Rags. Played a match or two whenever I had free time never really spending health packs on any of them and playing rather casually. Managed to break 600 yesterday, pushed a little more and shielded in top 10 position. I was shielded at 6th with 4 minutes to go, went to play some heroics, and ended up 5th in my bracket on Bad/Good. So thank you to whomever decided to either lose a retaliation or lost a fight and dropped from top 5.

This turned out to be a more interesting PVP than some of the recent X/Thor/Wolvie/OBW/Cstorm ones recently. I don't think I've ever seen level 60 plus moonstones in a queue before this.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    I actually really like this event mostly becaus I have a max rag and ares and pushed my daken to 50 for the event. Hit 900 easily own bracket and never shielded I think mischief maker was the only one to consistently beat my team most defences gave me points.
  • Funny I didnt (couldnt) even do this event because I only have venom (favorite Marvel villian of all time) and he' so low level dont think i would even do well with just one guy. I still got the awards from my alliance ranking. Good enough for me xD