Bad is Good APR 11-APR 13

Options

Comments

• Top8Gamer wrote:
    Are there no DA characters that have a blue move?
    No blue moves at all. Here's a breakdown by color:

Red - 3 - Moonstone, Ares, Ragnarok
    Yellow - 1 - Ares
    Green - 2 - Ares, Ragnarok
    Blue - 0
    Purple - 5 - Yelena, Venom, Moonstone, Daken (passive), Bullseye (passive)
    Black - 5 - Yelena, Venom, Moonstone, Daken (passive), Bullseye

So much purple and black. Thank god for Ares adding a bit of color to the batch.
  • Right now I'm around #5 with more than 320pts. No retaliations so far. Ares + Rags + Daken, even though not maxed, are doing fine. Very easy-going tourney - I drop by occasionaly, do a couple of fights, then leave it to rest.

Last time I was running I think Venom + Moonstone + ?, all around lvl 20 icon_e_smile.gif
  • This tournament is very slow paced like the heroic event I am sitting first with 805 at present may try grind to 1000 and call it a tournament.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just took note that Ragnarok is the only one 3* featured in token event 'Bad is Good'
    14.3% probability to pull him from a single token (22.9% from a 10-pack) compared to a 4.8% per 3* char when 3 3* characters are featured.

So, a good opportunity to yield Rag covers for those who still lack several covers of him.
    (like me, even if I'm not a great fan of Rag icon_neutral.gif )
  • Started this morning, had an easy push to 400 so far. I'm fielding 82 Ares/81 Rags/69 Daken. Not seeing anything remotely competitive, and more one or two person teams than I expected. I'll probably try to push to at least 900 for the HP - I'd actually try for 1100 if it weren't for the fact that my Rags is cover maxed (thanks to Hotshot). This may be the first tourney in ages I actually try to win, unless I start seeing much stiffer competition.
  • Yeah i fully intended to tank hotshot all the way, but then pulled a rag out the Bad is Good token, figured oh well guess I should try over there too so now got 4 Rag covers to find a home for
  • Ok so I'm too lazy to read back atm in case someone pointed this out already

But next time they run a superlimited pve, they should definitely run one unlimited pvp on the side.
    Now we have another superlimited pvp, and in the second we had a useless low cover new character, for most people that is, as a required 3rd.

It's seriously getting boring. And this trend is sucking out the fun of planning your future team, cause you're at the mercy of coming events and their req rosters ALL the time.

Omg Mpq has started to turn me into a moaner icon_eek.gif
  • DrNitroman
    edited April 2014
    Options
    But next time they run a superlimited pve, they should definitely run one unlimited pvp on the side.
    Now we have another superlimited pvp, and in the second we had a useless low cover new character, for most people that is, as a required 3rd.

On the bright side (and with some grind), we have a chance for a rain of LazyCap covers. icon_mrgreen.gif

A cap' America tournament is planned, isn't it?

edit: actually, I enjoyed playing my Ares/Daken/Venom team. They are not fully leveled, thus I won't probably be a top finisher though.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Outside of being given useless rosters (point towards current PvE), I like limited roster events icon_e_wink.gif it brings something new to the gameplay... like just now - I really love playing Ares, who usually just does not get the team spot since Lazy Thor is just more powerful
  • I generally like variety, so I'm enjoying this PVP in part because it's not a stream of featured character + Thor/Wolverine/OBW/Storm I've mainly seen in the PVPs lately. I'd get sick of it pretty quickly if they did it a lot, but they don't, so I'm enjoying it. I also pretty much structure my roster around flexibility, so these events often mean I've got a better team relative to the rest of the playerbase than I do during, say, No Holds Barred.

That being said I do think it makes a certain amount of sense to generally have something going that allows people to use their full rosters - only a third or so of the players can be used between the two events right now. Of course, if they added persistent solo content beyond the prologue that would solve the problem...
  • Running max level Bullseye/Daken and 82 Moonstone. Wow. I don't think I have ever laughed this much in a long time, watching the tankier DA's just fall to the ground with minimal damage done to my team (1 damage 4 of a kinds, 52 damage sunders? I'll take it!).

I always enjoy these DA only events. Outside of the restrictions, most don't get to see the field of battle, but they are always a blast to play with in these theme tournaments.
  • DrNitroman
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Of course, if they added persistent solo content beyond the prologue that would solve the problem...
    It's so true

And to stay on-topic, I'll add that I like limited roster-event too because it's a different exercise. Adding persistent solo event like prologue, without restriction, would just allow to content more type of plays and players!
  • I haven't been able to win one battle so far.

I keep getting matched up against maxed out ares, dakens, moonstones, etc...
  • I went for the progression recruit token. Open it. See GOLD. Get Excited.

then....just as I click it for the reveal I realise that it can only be rags and I have no rags and no space for him. icon_cry.gif

I'll hold on to him for 6 days and see how I feel at the end of that.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I generally like variety, so I'm enjoying this PVP in part because it's not a stream of featured character + Thor/Wolverine/OBW/Storm I've mainly seen in the PVPs lately. I'd get sick of it pretty quickly if they did it a lot, but they don't, so I'm enjoying it. I also pretty much structure my roster around flexibility, so these events often mean I've got a better team relative to the rest of the playerbase than I do during, say, No Holds Barred.

That being said I do think it makes a certain amount of sense to generally have something going that allows people to use their full rosters - only a third or so of the players can be used between the two events right now. Of course, if they added persistent solo content beyond the prologue that would solve the problem...

I like the idea of DA only pvp, but running it alonside a very restricted pve is just a bad idea. Some players may be completely locked out of events atm. And I started to save iso for future featured characters after heroic juggs. But being able to play your main team feels like more of a special treat you get every now and then and that seems a bit weird to me. Maybe they could bracket prologue pvp and add weekly awards? Like only iso and maybe a little hp.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Anybody else saving there reward tokens so they turn into heroic tokens once the event is over? I'd rather have a chance at a useful three * instead of rags.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh... well that would be a good idea... meh - well anyway I got a blue oBW who is already cover and ISO capped... pretty good idea for people who don't need/want a chance at Raggy though I guess...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Skyedyne wrote:
    Running max level Bullseye/Daken and 82 Moonstone. Wow. I don't think I have ever laughed this much in a long time, watching the tankier DA's just fall to the ground with minimal damage done to my team (1 damage 4 of a kinds, 52 damage sunders? I'll take it!).

I always enjoy these DA only events. Outside of the restrictions, most don't get to see the field of battle, but they are always a blast to play with in these theme tournaments.
    How come? Unless your enemies are lvl 20 Ares? Bullseye's protect tiles are only at 37, so even if he has 10 of them out, it's 370 damage off, not thousands which Sunder deals.
  • Still looking for Ares covers so I cracked my 300 progression token... got Bagman

I know the theme is "Bad is good" but I thought that meant Dark Avengers, not... you know...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Still looking for Ares covers so I cracked my 300 progression token... got Bagman

I know the theme is "Bad is good" but I thought that meant Dark Avengers, not... you know...
    You receive any 2* or the only 3* (Ragnarok), so I'm keeping my token for it to turn Heroic later.