Bad is Good APR 11-APR 13

Options

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Is it worth dumping iso into Ragnarok, or should I run Venom as my third character?

Venom is currently 35, though I could bump him to 40 if I wanted to. Ragnarok is basically base-level, but will be 5/1 in a few hours.

Just use Venom. Rags is too limited in use after this event, and it'll take too much iso to get him usable.
  • WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    So another Lazy Captain America prize where the blue is unavailable to solo players. Mine is 1/2/1. At this rate, on Monday, he might be 3/5/1, and I'll be selling yellow covers but need four blue ones. If they rerun Heroic Venom with the same prizes I'll definitely be selling his covers.
    Round 2 of Heroic Venom will give Lazy Thor covers.

How much do you want to bet that they make red the alliance prize again?
  • You shall all cower in fear at my level 6 Venom. COWER.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is that character art for Norman Osborn I see behind Venom on the Featured Events tab? He looks cool, much better than his Prologue/PvE avatar.
  • Watch my meteoric rise to first as my Dark Avengers lay wast to all competition! 85 Ares! Level...6...Bullseye..... Level...ah,****...level 6 Daken....
    Yeah, I'm screwed.
  • And they said I was mad for leveling moonstone! Who's laughing now?!

Oh, everyone still? Dang.
  • Good to see DA format again.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The way the alliance cover prizes are given is not so much a reward for the best alliance, but rather feels like a punishment to those who don't have one or have a smaller alliance. Why not rotate the covers to make things at least feel more fair?
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:
    The way the alliance cover prizes are given is not so much a reward for the best alliance, but rather feels like a punishment to those who don't have one or have a smaller alliance. Why not rotate the covers to make things at least feel more fair?

I agree. I need 1yellow cap to complete my lazy cap. I work weekends and this limited roster for the pve is one that I can barely compete with in the ez mode. I'm the middle class player that gets boned like most of us on the forums.

Thankfully I have 4 usable DAs so I'll probably spend most of my time on this one. But yes, they really should rotate the alliance covers seeing as there a THREE events that offer LCap AT the same time no less.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:

A week or two ago, you would be right. Now, even in a 20/20 alliance, things are fast becoming competitive! If everyone doesnt concentrate on making a decent showing, getting top 100 isn't a guarantee which makes it even less possible for smaller crews unfortunately.
  • rbdragon wrote:

It is silly that three events running concurrently all reward the same Cap cover. However, his best PVE covers are the easiest to obtain in all brackets, so I will not complain too much.

And if Lazy Thor is the same way with green and yellow, that will be just fine too.
  • I like the art for this event too, Dormammu. I would love to see Iron Patriot soon.
    Knock3r wrote:
    Ugh... another event where I have to level up characters I don't plan to play with.

I want to level up Daken, but I just can't do it knowing Lazy Daken is on the way...

I wish I COULD level up Daken. I still only have one cover for Healing and Heat and my last Daken cover was an uneeded Pheremone Rage. I really wish I hadn't dumped him the first time. icon_e_sad.gif
  • altlover85 wrote:
    I like the art for this event too, Dormammu. I would love to see Iron Patriot soon.
    Knock3r wrote:
    Ugh... another event where I have to level up characters I don't plan to play with.

I want to level up Daken, but I just can't do it knowing Lazy Daken is on the way...

I wish I COULD level up Daken. I still only have one cover for Healing and Heat and my last Daken cover was an uneeded Pheremone Rage. I really wish I hadn't dumped him the first time. icon_e_sad.gif

You would miss all of that ISO when you start feeding your Über Daken. Until then, I am sorry about all of the 115 Rag/85 Ares/69 Daken matches you will be fighting.
  • The teams I'm seeing are completely ridiculous. I'd normally push to 500, tank, push, tank, then do a final push but tanking is gonna be tough when my opponents all have L20 moonstones as their strongest character

I'm staring at a 40 Ares / 40 Moonstone / 18 Rags in the face and this is by far the strongest team I've seen in ~5ish fights

My other two nodes are 20 Venom / 6 Moonstone, and 17 Ares / 6 Moonstone / 6 Yelena

For the people that feel like their trash rosters don't have a shot, don't give up hope!

For the record I'm rocking a 69 Daken / 40 Venom / 51 Ares (can go up to 77 if I choose to invest). Completely hopeful to dominate this event!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    noknuckles wrote:
    The teams I'm seeing are completely ridiculous. I'd normally push to 500, tank, push, tank, then do a final push but tanking is gonna be tough when my opponents all have L20 moonstones as their strongest character

I'm staring at a 40 Ares / 40 Moonstone / 18 Rags in the face and this is by far the strongest team I've seen in ~5ish fights

My other two nodes are 20 Venom / 6 Moonstone, and 17 Ares / 6 Moonstone / 6 Yelena

For the people that feel like their trash rosters don't have a shot, don't give up hope!

For the record I'm rocking a 69 Daken / 40 Venom / 51 Ares (can go up to 77 if I choose to invest). Completely hopeful to dominate this event!

I pushed my ares up from 67 to 85 for this event: he seems like a decent investment target in general since hes buffed in so many events and is ridiculous when buffed. Probably best to wait to see if you even need the investment though, since you seem to be fine without him.
  • It would be nice if they cycled the reward structure. Currently there are 3 events where you can win 3* Cap, but in all 3 cases the blue cover is alliance reward.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmmm, let's see. I have a 5/3 Daken sitting at lvl 20, a 2/1 rags (thanks Hotshot) at 15, a 2/3/3 moonstone at 6, and a 2/1/4 ares at 6.

Not that I have a lot of iso anyway (~8k), but is it worth putting any in to just win a few matches in this? I guess maybe if it got me to 300 pts, but that doesn't seem likely. I'd tank (moonstone and ares are my tanking team normally icon_razz.gif) but that kind of requires winning a few matches first.
  • kalex716 wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:

A week or two ago, you would be right. Now, even in a 20/20 alliance, things are fast becoming competitive! If everyone doesnt concentrate on making a decent showing, getting top 100 isn't a guarantee which makes it even less possible for smaller crews unfortunately.
    Not true. My account on mobile is in a very casual 18ppl Alliance. And they (they, cos my roster doesn't allow me to help much) are able to always finish in top50 or top100. In Hotshot we were only 11pts from finishing #50.
    I think there are 2-3 people who play more than casually. And I think 1-2 who occasionally wake up at 5am to grind the event. And we're doing more than fine. Look at my roster - the scAvenger in X-Poles alliance - All the *** and most of ** are thanks to me being in an Alliance.
  • Are there no DA characters that have a blue move?
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    I better finish in the top 50 or so.

Playing through this event to end up with yet another purple Moonstone would piss me off.

Ditto.

And I don't mind fighting a bit harder for the Cap cover cause at least it'll be useful at some point with the amount of PVE screen time he gets.

And I'm so glad I spread my ISO around now - my 47 Moonstone / 40 Ares / 40 Daken combo seems to be a lot higher than a lot of people can manage.