Bad is Good APR 11-APR 13

Options

Comments

• Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah I'm haven't seen any retals but with max ares and rag and a lvl 50 daken I don't think I would fight me either. Rags red has been great for building green for ares to one shot daken though.
  • Copps wrote:
    Yeah I'm haven't seen any retals but with max ares and rag and a lvl 50 daken I don't think I would fight me either. Rags red has been great for building green for ares to one shot daken though.

same here. im running 115 rags, 85 ares, and 55d daken. only got hit once. i just hit 800 and decided to shield up just in case anyone wanted to hit me for big points overnight.
  • Copps wrote:

Add Oasis on the desert node? Perfection.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ToryTory wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I've stalled out around 700. I can't get matched against anyone worth fighting - I've seen exactly one match for more than 25 points; the rest are all below 20 and would probably win retaliation, so there's no real point. On the plus side, I've gotten attacked all of three times so far, for two losses and a win, so I'm not feeling a lot of pressure to shield right now.

im seeing the same thing past 700. i havent had any retaliations up to this point. even if they come later, its no biggie, ive just been grinding this one leisurely for iso

I finally got past 800 (more out of hesitancy to keep hitting 13-pointers that might retaliate than anything else) - fully expect to be hit tonight, but I'm 200 points up on second place so I think I'm in good shape. Since this is my best chance to pull a #1 in ages (I've only won a regular PVP once - first Rage and Ruin - and it was ages ago) I'll probably try shielding if I think I need to. It'd be nice to get my second X-Force Wolverine.

Hi Ben. You're not in my bracket but in my mmr bracket. You got a retal off of me but I hit you twice on the climb up. No hard feelings, I hit 804 at 10:00 before I went to work. Hoping I didn't drop too much so I can climb off retals at the late hours. I work weekends and get home around 23:00. Climbing like a rock star then shielding for a day. Last LCap yellow and I've got my first 3* completely covered. The wolvie is a plus. If I hit it.
    Ben, I hit you too, but hopefully, I'll be high enough by tonight and shielded that you can retaliate for decent points. I actually hit you because it was more of a "can I survive" question than anything else. The points were great -- 34 -- compared to what I was seeing, but I think the time spent healing and the boosts needed for the battle told me not to try that anymore. There are much easier rosters for 10-15 points that I can attack.
  • question regarding defensive team - what happens if any of the chars from my defensive team is in limbo, waiting for revival? I mean - does it affect my defensive team in any way?
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    question regarding defensive team - what happens if any of the chars from my defensive team is in limbo, waiting for revival? I mean - does it affect my defensive team in any way?

Your most recent team is your defensive seed at 100%. That would suck if all your heros won with 100 hp only for a new enemy to cascade your entire team with 1 move! icon_lol.gif

PS. Clarification. If you win with 2 man down, your seed team is 3 full HP characters.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Copps wrote:

Add Oasis on the desert node? Perfection.

But Oasis goes both ways, and the AI loves environmental tiles. I have been fighting my matches on high tech instead. The few games I have on desert, the AI always made a beeline for environmental tiles and it can easily have gone terrible if their Oasis kick in at the right time.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really hope the devs never re-run this PVP. It's mind-numbingly boring. Every battle is pretty much the same -- go in with Ares and try to do as much damage with his green before the other team's Ares (coupled with some combination of Rags/Daken and occasionally Moonstone or Venom). There is no board control and little actual strategy in these battles. Instead, you just have to hope your opponent doesn't get big cascades before you can take out Ares. And then you finish having taken massive damage so you either have to use up your health packs, go to the prologue to heal, or take a long timeout.
  • I really hope the devs never re-run this PVP. It's mind-numbingly boring. Every battle is pretty much the same -- go in with Ares and try to do as much damage with his green before the other team's Ares (coupled with some combination of Rags/Daken and occasionally Moonstone or Venom). There is no board control and little actual strategy in these battles. Instead, you just have to hope your opponent doesn't get big cascades before you can take out Ares. And then you finish having taken massive damage so you either have to use up your health packs, go to the prologue to heal, or take a long timeout.

That being said I do like the limited roster experience though, it encourages people to expand their roster instead of relying on 2 or 3 stronger characters. Just gotta find a balance on which roster to limit us to.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Every time they run this, I'm thinking 'would be cool to have a maxed Moonstone'.
    Then I look at my roster and see about 10 chars who are actually usable that I need to level first *sigh*
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Moonstone looks soooo useless when there's Daken around...
  • It would be nice if S.H.I.E.L.D would not attack me please. I would very much like to win that Wolverine cover.Please find it in your hearts to just skip me. Those 8-11 points you take off me cant really be worth it. And in return i shall not attack you....

...unless your points are worth more than 30 icon_e_smile.gif then I'm boosting the tinykitty outta that.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah this push to 900 is painful. 20 points a match with maxed ares everywhere
  • Lost several matches in a row due to every reason imaginable, maxed Daken on everyone in my MMR and my Daken is level 6. Accidental bought 5 health packs because there is no confirmation box, angry enough that I politely emailed support asking them to add a confirmation box on all HP purchases, did not ask for my HP back. Cant even break 400. Been a **** bad night.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nooooo bashful prime hit me for 30 right when I was 1 fight away from 900

And a 2nd time. Kitty it, this is not worth it
  • got +16 from 2 DEF wins overnight
    currently sitting @ 821 and sheilded.
    i wonder if this will hold on for #1 ovrrall?
  • The push to 900 is a killer I am at 950 but not sure if I wanna push for that 1000 mark
  • To everyone who hit me: no big deal - if you're like me you're seeing like five people at this point - but - since I'm seeing you all at 30+ points, I'll be retaliating at some point. I'm still at ~725, about 120 points up on second place, so the three retals I've got lined up from last night should get me back around 800 or so.

I don't think I've ever been up this high in points and hit so few times. I've been attacked less than ten times overall, I think, and won two or three of those.
  • shielded at #1 with 812pts. 275 above #2. Lazy and slow bracket, no one shields. New X-Force cover is expected icon_e_smile.gif
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Meh... red... oh well... 1000 ISO I guess ;/