Bad is Good APR 11-APR 13

Options

Comments

• Wow, you guys are awesome.. The top of my bracket is around 541, so I don't think I'll get past that.. Still, 2 lazy cap for me icon_e_biggrin.gif

Hope they will add 3rd skills soon to these dark avengers.. It would be so much more fun..! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Time to be lazy this round! I'm thinking that 700+ is enough for top 10 so I'm just going to not shield and bottom out my MMR after I push up to that.
  • Time to be lazy this round! I'm thinking that 700+ is enough for top 10 so I'm just going to not shield and bottom out my MMR after I push up to that.

I will hit you for fun and ISO! Eventually. Right now I am looking at kids with level 6 Dakens.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've had more fun with this tourney than any other in a long time. It's enjoyable to return too long-abandoned guys like Ragnarok, Daken, and Venom (my team in this tourney) who helped get me where I am today but have since been outclassed. It's good to know these guys can still serve a purpose by getting me LazyCap covers, instead of just taking up space in my roster.

It makes me hope for a restricted 2* tourney in the near future, though I doubt that would be as much fun since most teams would simply run their maxed Thorverine/OBW combos and not have the roster diversity I'm seeing in this DA tourney.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    I've had more fun with this tourney than any other in a long time. It's enjoyable to return too long-abandoned guys like Ragnarok, Daken, and Venom (my team in this tourney) who helped get me where I am today but have since been outclassed. It's good to know these guys can still serve a purpose by getting me LazyCap covers, instead of just taking up space in my roster.

It makes me hope for a restricted 2* tourney in the near future, though I doubt that would be as much fun since most teams would simply run their maxed Thorverine/OBW combos and not have the roster diversity I'm seeing in this DA tourney.
    I didn't see much roster diversity. Every team I saw had Ares as its tank with the rest a combination of Rags, Venom, and Daken. Very rarely did I see Moonstone. While I think you're right that a 2-star tourney would largely have Thorverine/OBW, I also think we would see a lot of MN Mags/Classic Storm, probably paired with OBW for her black and purple or with Thor to generate green.
  • Dormammu wrote:

Glad someone is. Its been a little bit of a bore for me even with a max Rags and Ares. I feel like Rags should have a spatula in his hand. Oh pre-nerf Rags, I still miss thee.
  • I'm cussing a lot in this tourney.
  • I'm really hoping you don't want 1st place EvilSonGoku. icon_e_wink.gif

I'd really like my first red X-Force but I'm guessing there will be challenges from you or others near the end. icon_cry.gif

I'd really like my first red X-Force but I'm guessing there will be challenges from you or others near the end. icon_cry.gif

no, but if my alliance needs me to push some points, I will try to score some points but it won't be bc I am trying to snipe 1st from you. I just want top 10.

no, but if my alliance needs me to push some points, I will try to score some points but it won't be bc I am trying to snipe 1st from you. I just want top 10.
    Yeah, understood no worries. However, seeing as your alliance is clear in the lead with over 3000 points, somehow I doubt they'll need anyone to push. icon_lol.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm really hoping you don't want 1st place EvilSonGoku. icon_e_wink.gif

Yeah, understood no worries. However, seeing as your alliance is clear in the lead with over 3000 points, somehow I doubt they'll need anyone to push. icon_lol.gif

Leads evaporate easily in the last hours of an event: check out how the scores change towards the very end.

Leads evaporate easily in the last hours of an event: check out how the scores change towards the very end.
    Agreed and I'll be watching with interest.
    However, it appears this event has very low participation and interest globally and combined with the concurrent ending time of the PVE, I'm quietly confidant you guys won't be headed.
    I understand that things happens though, so let the chips fall where they may. icon_cool.gif

Besides I'm being stupidly presumptuous. One or two others might come along at the last minute and sweep us both up.
  • Barely managed 908 and shielded in first with second shielded at 820 something i think. Hope I don't have to unshield in the last seconds. Wish I had a maxed rags, but hes not worth the iso.
  • sms4002 wrote:
    Barely managed 908 and shielded in first with second shielded at 820 something i think. Hope I don't have to unshield in the last seconds. Wish I had a maxed rags, but hes not worth the iso.

Nice work! 900 is impressive in this tourney. WIth no healers and a ton of Daken strike tiles in every match, it's been rough I shielded up @ 800 and have won a few DEF wins taking me up to 830...don't think ive got the interest to push for 900.

marc
  • If Badgerheart is out here in the forums, I'm so sorry I hit you something like 4 times in the past 30 minutes. I was stuck in a terrible mmr bubble of maybe 4 potential matches and between clint, spoit and you, you were the only target I had some hope to beat. I've shielded now, please take all the retaliations you want.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I've hit a wall at just over 500 - every time I' go ever it I get slapped down to 430 odd and I've only got enough health packs to get back to where I was...
  • HairyDave wrote:
    I've hit a wall at just over 500 - every time I' go ever it I get slapped down to 430 odd and I've only got enough health packs to get back to where I was...

That's rubberbanding, PVP style icon_twisted.gif
  • Shielded a little over 600 at 7th place. Hoping it can hold out for me. At the very least, give me time to heal up before I would need to do one emergency game to hopefully get myself back to the Top 10. I should have Shielded earlier when I was in the 630s.
  • Huzzah! My first red X-Force!

Thanks EvilSonGoku, for not sniping me at the end. icon_cool.gif

We were the only 2 players on 700+ so it was a pretty secure top 2 in the end, but with me only 21 points above I'm sure you could have done it easily if you wanted.
    Congratulations to your alliance too, who did it in a canter I imagine.
  • Hey Ben Grimm, hope it didn't hurt your placing when I hit you, was just a friendly hello (I shielded when you hit me back twice).

Ended up getting 2nd, 1st rushed to 900 while I was grinding Heroic Venom nodes. :/