Bad is Good APR 11-APR 13

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would just like to thank whoever lost to my team of level 61 Ares, 31 Ragnarok, and 30 Venom for ensuring my place in the top 50 so I could get my red Cap cover. Without that 20 points it would have been close.
  • 812 was enough to win my bracket with more than 100pts to #2. Another X-Force cover icon_e_smile.gif

People were pushing for the last hours, but once they reached 600 or 700 they shielded. No one tried to push in the last hour.

Fun tourney, I needed to put Rags lvl65 up front, otherwise Ares was tanking everything except Purple and Black. This way Rags at least tanked environment tiles icon_e_biggrin.gif which save my **** (or at least some health packs) once or twice.

Now, can I finally get my last 2* cover - Black Daken? Pretty please, MPQ?
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    So after 2 weeks of playing, I decide to drop some cash on the game to see if I can improve my trying to get covers for some
    of my characters: i bought 5 false idol tokens and here is what I pulled

- 3 Blue 2 star Caps
    - 1 Yellow 2 star Cap
    - 1 Ares

I then proceeded to grind Iso and spent 1500 on 3 tokens:

- 1 Red Moonstone
    - 1 Yellow Cap
    - Ragnarok

At least i pulled off a topp 100 so I can level moonstone
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Innaresting tourney. I don't think I ever lost so much to teams who were not strictly stronger - at least 3 defeats which I didn't expect. Ares can do so much damage with little preparation that one cascade can totally flip the match. Add strike tiles to that and you have a pretty even playing field.

Since I had to get up for the end of the PVE anyway I decided not to shield (only wanted top 10).
    Went down from 794 to about 640 overnight, did one retaliation and ended up in third with 674.
    Although that last battle... Rags as last man standing with about 900 health :s
    Thought I was done for sure when my Ares went down.
    So Rags gets a little ISO for that effort, I think.

Thanks to people for only hitting me once on their way up and keeping my score somewhat respectable icon_e_smile.gif
  • Huzzah! My first red X-Force!

Thanks EvilSonGoku, for not sniping me at the end. icon_cool.gif

We were the only 2 players on 700+ so it was a pretty secure top 2 in the end, but with me only 21 points above I'm sure you could have done it easily if you wanted.
    Congratulations to your alliance too, who did it in a canter I imagine.

Congrats Doc. Glad it worked out for you. I would have just sold it for the iso. Hopefully when they get around to buffing him, he is actually useful.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    I would just like to thank whoever lost to my team of level 61 Ares, 31 Ragnarok, and 30 Venom for ensuring my place in the top 50 so I could get my red Cap cover. Without that 20 points it would have been close.

You're welcome.

This tourney sucked. For me. I sold the Moonstone cover I won just on principle.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    It was really painful.. I did a miracle pull in normal token and draw daken.. I sold him recently waiting for his gold version.. Anyway i fielded a 105 rag.. 60 ares and 6 daken team .. Luckily i lowered my mmr so much i only encountered incomplete team.. Good for 700 pts and a top 5.. Hope i never get through sth like this again..
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Viorala wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

You're welcome.

This tourney sucked. For me. I sold the Moonstone cover I won just on principle.

Was that you? Sorry. If it's any consolation, I was having a horrible time of it earlier today. I kept spending ISO to skip so I could get reasonably leveled enemies and then I would lose anyway. Mostly due to Ragnarok. Ares is definitely on my list to level up after this, if only to avoid the frustration when they eventually re-run this tournament.
  • I'm not positive, but sounds like a team I fought in the last hour desperation. I only had 85 Ares and 40 Venom and Ares had half health. Ares is useless at half health. Not like Modern Hawkeye, he could be at 300 health and still go for a couple matches. Nooo, the God of War needs a health pack every three minutes. Next he'll be asking me to serve him ambrosia and fan him with palm leaves.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Good times for me with this Tourney. Someone named BloodyEyes kept retaliating against me even thou i was like a hundred points lower. Probably was good for 25% of my top 10 score.
  • I managed to get in the Top 10 of this event. I think the main reason I had so much fun with this one was because I did the first half of it with just Daken and Ares. Eventually got a Ragnarok that I would have liked to have as a meat shield, but none of his tiles were strong enough to actually get him up front. icon_razz.gif

I started out hating PvP events... now I prefer them to the PvE events.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    mags1587 wrote:
    Viorala wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

You're welcome.

Was that you? Sorry. If it's any consolation, I was having a horrible time of it earlier today. I kept spending ISO to skip so I could get reasonably leveled enemies and then I would lose anyway. Mostly due to Ragnarok. Ares is definitely on my list to level up after this, if only to avoid the frustration when they eventually re-run this tournament.

He's been on my list ever since that last Simulator run - even at level 70 he was just smashing the opposition to bits.
  • I was going #5 and 5 minutes left in clock. Ares down and no health packs left. Then some guy called Unluckynoob (irony is not lost to me here) bumped me down 20 points and my new rank was #11. 2 minutes left so no point trying to catch up. Tinykitty. I can't complain too much since I did get two Cap covers from this pvp and I even managed to max LazyCap's red and blue abilities. But guess what my build is at the moment? You got it, 2/5/5. Unluckynooooooooooooooooob! icon_evil.gif

Oh well, I guess I'll try to grind in top 20 at the second round of Heroic Venom. I'm not gonna enjoy it, but when did playing MPQ correlate with pleasure anyway? That was months ago.
  • Ugh, if thanos from fittedkitchens ( I think) is reading this.. that damn hit you did on me in the last 4 min really screwed me!! icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif I had to unsheild to go for the win and I would have had it if you wouldn't have hit me!! UGHHH. I am coming for you!! icon_twisted.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Viorala wrote:
    I'm not positive, but sounds like a team I fought in the last hour desperation. I only had 85 Ares and 40 Venom and Ares had half health. Ares is useless at half health. Not like Modern Hawkeye, he could be at 300 health and still go for a couple matches. Nooo, the God of War needs a health pack every three minutes. Next he'll be asking me to serve him ambrosia and fan him with palm leaves.
    Well yeah, that's the point of tank characters. Most of the rounds, the only one of my characters who had any damage coming out of it was rags (who usually was down like 5k if the enemy ares got an ability off). Hell, for a while I was leaving ares at half health to use his boosted red
  • First i was sad, that i sold my full Venom just day before the event to make room for Human torch. But my team of two with 85Moonstone and 85Ares was so good. Won so many attacs from others that I cant even count. Just the two of them must seemed like an easy target... But they were amazing. I wasnt even gonna put shield, but as others attacking my team had pushed me up over 600, fought some matches and shielded couple of hours before end, when i was at 8. and when i just checked I had prizes for being in top 5. So happy!
  • Doragon wrote:
    Hey Ben Grimm, hope it didn't hurt your placing when I hit you, was just a friendly hello (I shielded when you hit me back twice).

Ended up getting 2nd, 1st rushed to 900 while I was grinding Heroic Venom nodes. :/

Nope - I think that last time I hit you was the one that pushed me to 888. I threw up a 3-hour shield for the rest of the tourney, 2nd was at like 755 and never moved. With 3-4 minutes left, since I had that big a lead, I broke shields to push over 900 - got the 50 hp as time expired, got my second-ever PVP win and my first X-Force red. With that and my PVE covers, got LazyCap up to 2/5/1.

I'm going to be taking it really easy for the next events - I only need top 50 for Hulk red, and Ill probably push for top 20 in one PVE (probably easy) totry and get my last yellow LazyCap.
  • that was probably the easiest pvp if u had a decent rag and ares...i barely got hit and was unshielded the whole time
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Doragon wrote:
    Hey Ben Grimm, hope it didn't hurt your placing when I hit you, was just a friendly hello (I shielded when you hit me back twice).

Ended up getting 2nd, 1st rushed to 900 while I was grinding Heroic Venom nodes. :/

Nope - I think that last time I hit you was the one that pushed me to 888. I threw up a 3-hour shield for the rest of the tourney, 2nd was at like 755 and never moved. With 3-4 minutes left, since I had that big a lead, I broke shields to push over 900 - got the 50 hp as time expired, got my second-ever PVP win and my first X-Force red. With that and my PVE covers, got LazyCap up to 2/5/1.

I'm going to be taking it really easy for the next events - I only need top 50 for Hulk red, and Ill probably push for top 20 in one PVE (probably easy) totry and get my last yellow LazyCap.

Ah... that's awesome haha. I've only had 1 PVP win thus far, not worth the HP shielding and reshielding when I haven't even got a 3* team up yet.

2 questions though.
    1) Why aren't you in an alliance? You'd be able to full cover your Cap that way.
    2) If you don't plan on being in one... Shouldn't you go for 5/5/1 to get the most use outta him first?
  • Doragon wrote:
    2 questions though.
    1) Why aren't you in an alliance? You'd be able to full cover your Cap that way.
    2) If you don't plan on being in one... Shouldn't you go for 5/5/1 to get the most use outta him first?

1) The whole thing just annoys me too much. If one of the large ones wanted me, I'd probably break down and join it at this point, but I don't particularly feel like paying my way in, and I like being to take events off if I feel like it, so it's not fair of me to expect that. I also resent the whole HP sink and naked cashgrab aspects of it, where within about a week it went from "Hey, these are a fun thing you can do" to "they're mandatory for several of the prizes" to "a 20 person alliance is necessary for the decent prizes" and I have no illusions it's going to stop there. If they had spread it out more, it might not bug me as much, but they clearly introduced this as a monetization stream and I liked the game more before it was there. And I'm ornery.

2) Eh, maybe, but, once I thought about it a little, I realized even top 20 on one of them isn't going to happen, because I'm at work when the PVE ends, and top 20 is impossible unless I'm out that day (and there are lines I won't cross for this game). I might put a fourth yellow on it if I get one, but I'm not going out of my way to get one.