Bad is Good APR 11-APR 13

Options

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm actually liking this tournament. Somehow I've pulled Ares covers from the token ever since he was a part of it. Never got Ares covered because I typically score to high or not high enough in the tournaments he's rewarded in. Funny how that happens.
  • Uhhhhhh.....

Anybody else have people in the top 10 with one character useable in this event?

Number two in my bracket has 12 character slots and his best character happens to be his only dark avenger and it is 76 ares

Number one has 43 daken 20 venom 15 rag 14 bulls
    14 ares and 6 moon

Lol!!!
  • nettripper wrote:
    Uhhhhhh.....

Anybody else have people in the top 10 with one character useable in this event?

Number two in my bracket has 12 character slots and his best character happens to be his only dark avenger and it is 76 ares

Number one has 43 daken 20 venom 15 rag 14 bulls
    14 ares and 6 moon

Lol!!!

Haha! I'm sure that will change by the end of the tournament.
  • Just got my False Idol Token and got a Red Rags. I already had a Red and Green cover, so I recruited him so I could have a third member of my team in this event. icon_razz.gif
  • I've stalled out around 700. I can't get matched against anyone worth fighting - I've seen exactly one match for more than 25 points; the rest are all below 20 and would probably win retaliation, so there's no real point. On the plus side, I've gotten attacked all of three times so far, for two losses and a win, so I'm not feeling a lot of pressure to shield right now.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    We meet again

3bEXxbG.jpg

My Nemeksis
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anybody else saving there reward tokens so they turn into heroic tokens once the event is over? I'd rather have a chance at a useful three * instead of rags.
    Did they change that? They used to disappear completely
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I've stalled out around 700. I can't get matched against anyone worth fighting - I've seen exactly one match for more than 25 points; the rest are all below 20 and would probably win retaliation, so there's no real point. On the plus side, I've gotten attacked all of three times so far, for two losses and a win, so I'm not feeling a lot of pressure to shield right now.

I've no intention of shielding this one. Don't really care where I place. It's been a strange tourney, with strange rosters!
  • I think they upped the chances of getting bagman. I got him from 300 reward at Bad is Good and also got another cover of him at heroic normal as 12500 reward. Heard also from another player in my alliance, he also got him from 300 reward.
  • I tried to toss in a tank team after hitting 700, but I got stomped. I am unshielded at 670 now and will not retaliate if anyone wants to hit me.

85 Ares/ 69 Daken / 70 Ragnarok
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Anybody else saving there reward tokens so they turn into heroic tokens once the event is over? I'd rather have a chance at a useful three * instead of rags.

Um... let me check with my source and get back to you on that one. As far as I know they revert to heroic tokens once the event is over.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:

Um... let me check with my source and get back to you on that one. As far as I know they revert to heroic tokens once the event is over.

They certainly did a couple weeks ago with the Thor tournament. I hit 300 with like 5 minutes to go and forgot to use the token then when I looked it had become a regular heroic.
  • Event tokens turn into regular Heroics after the event is over. I've done it several times when I don't need the featured character.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I've stalled out around 700. I can't get matched against anyone worth fighting - I've seen exactly one match for more than 25 points; the rest are all below 20 and would probably win retaliation, so there's no real point. On the plus side, I've gotten attacked all of three times so far, for two losses and a win, so I'm not feeling a lot of pressure to shield right now.

im seeing the same thing past 700. i havent had any retaliations up to this point. even if they come later, its no biggie, ive just been grinding this one leisurely for iso
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

im seeing the same thing past 700. i havent had any retaliations up to this point. even if they come later, its no biggie, ive just been grinding this one leisurely for iso
    Same. At 710, not seeing any worth 25, only rarely seeing ones above 20, but on the other hand, not getting hit much
  • djsquillz wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I finally got past 800 (more out of hesitancy to keep hitting 13-pointers that might retaliate than anything else) - fully expect to be hit tonight, but I'm 200 points up on second place so I think I'm in good shape. Since this is my best chance to pull a #1 in ages (I've only won a regular PVP once - first Rage and Ruin - and it was ages ago) I'll probably try shielding if I think I need to. It'd be nice to get my second X-Force Wolverine.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I finally got past 800 (more out of hesitancy to keep hitting 13-pointers that might retaliate than anything else) - fully expect to be hit tonight, but I'm 200 points up on second place so I think I'm in good shape. Since this is my best chance to pull a #1 in ages (I've only won a regular PVP once - first Rage and Ruin - and it was ages ago) I'll probably try shielding if I think I need to. It'd be nice to get my second X-Force Wolverine.

even though those 4* are pretty useless in their current state, it represents good value when u can place first and score a cover worth 2500HP for ~300 HP in shields.

thats how i look at it. i never shoot for first, but right around this time (1 dayto go in a tourney) im able to tell if i have a chance at a #1 overall...and i make my decison from there. good luck to you. marc
  • also. just got hit for my first attack/retaliation. -35 points...ouch
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Hi Ben. You're not in my bracket but in my mmr bracket. You got a retal off of me but I hit you twice on the climb up. No hard feelings, I hit 804 at 10:00 before I went to work. Hoping I didn't drop too much so I can climb off retals at the late hours. I work weekends and get home around 23:00. Climbing like a rock star then shielding for a day. Last LCap yellow and I've got my first 3* completely covered. The wolvie is a plus. If I hit it.
  • It seems like there's not much retaliation going on because there's nothing cheap you can do with the roster available so people probably just skip you (assuming your roster is strong) and try to look for other cupcakes instead. If you got a 85 Ares + 69 Daken + whoever, there's no guaranteed the attacker can always win without boosts. So far virtually every game I have is a race to kill Ares first, because if Ares gets a few big moves off, it's probably game over.