New Character - Jubilee (Phoenix Force) 5*

Options

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,989 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@Daredevil217 said:
    I really like this character… I think. If I’m reading right, if you can’t remove her tiles, she can revive up to 8 times (hence the low health). If you can remove all her tiles (modern Thor) then you risk an 8 AP insta down of your whole team.

Her red does great damage for 6 AP and her purple has a great stun for 6 AP. Each cast makes the red stronger but brings jubilee closer to either permadeath or her insta ko. She seems well balanced.

Also am I wrong that if Thor wipes the board of the tiles then she risks her team dying to her AP black?

As pointed out, it should work but you’d need a solid team that only had her black active and it’s a bit questionable how well it’d work.

I wonder what happens if you stun her and down her.

I'm 99% sure she would revive because the wording implies it's the Extra Life tiles that revive her when they self destroy. So her being stunned wouldn't prevent them from doing the revival.

My biggest question is why are they 3 turn repeaters? Essentially they do nothing when the repeater expires. Why not just make them special tiles like Multiple Mans. Unless they are just there to allow her to interact with characters who do something when a repeater expires.

KGB

• UnityGamer
    UnityGamer Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Multiple Man

I remember now! What was his auto win condition?

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 2 May 2024, 03:59
    Options

As others have pointed out, a lot of her viability will depend on whether she destroys all her extra life tiles when revived or just one.

If she destroys all of them, then the goal will be to collect black AP as soon as possible (Domino, Cloak and Dagger, 3* Dr Doom). If she only destroys one Extra Life tile per revive, I don't think you would necessarily need to rush to collect the black AP.

In that scenario, I could see her going well in teams comprising a lot of established meta characters like iHulk, Omega Red, Mighty Thor, Scarlet Witch, 3* Thanos.

@Jinx said:
    Yet another character that overlaps on the active colors with those she should be paired with thematically. Would be nice to have Emma boosting her damage, but they have the same best actives. This game is getting frustrating.

To be fair, I consider this particular overlap canonically accurate as the Phoenix Five were not a cohesive unit and undone because they ended up fighting each other.

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options

I'll admit to not reading everything about Ascended characters, so was it a readily known thing that if you ascend a character (Jubs in this case) you do not seem to get the rewards from the non-ascended version if there is a change/adjustment.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Kross said:
    I'll admit to not reading everything about Ascended characters, so was it a readily known thing that if you ascend a character (Jubs in this case) you do not seem to get the rewards from the non-ascended version if there is a change/adjustment.

The level of retro rewards depends on the level of the ascended character I believe, so it doesn't quite map correctly until you get to something like level 460 for the ascended characters. Someone with a better memory (or any records) will be able to give specific details.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,198 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 2 May 2024, 11:34
    Options

I have an ascended 4* Jubilee and was just granted 1800 shards (no covers) and 1400 Phoenix shards. Does this seem correct?

Also 4* Human Torch (jim hammond) has a power that will destroy all friendly repeater tiles for 8 red if you are interested in that kind of thing and perhaps forgot he existed.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited 2 May 2024, 11:36
    Options

Oh wow, Ascended jubilee rewards were changed!

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,300 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

This is how they are processing the "retro ascended" rewards. I think it will be like this for a week, then after a week's time the champ rewards for Ascended Jubilee will revert to what it was before

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited 2 May 2024, 13:07
    Options

This is not a great solution for retro rewards. Because I ascended mine to 452 I get 3 covers, had I not ascended I’d have 6 covers, and if I’d max-max’d her right now I would have 21 covers…

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

This is how they are processing the "retro ascended" rewards. I think it will be like this for a week, then after a week's time the champ rewards for Ascended Jubilee will revert to what it was before

Where was this announcement?

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 610 Critical Contributor
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Is this right? My Jubilee is 452 and I got the same as TRW. So in order for me to get what I would have gotten for a max plus 280 dupe, I have to get to 460 (about 30 odd covers) IN 1 WEEK?!

That is some deadline.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    This is not a great solution for retro rewards. Because I ascended mine to 452 I get 3 covers, had I not ascended I’d have 6 covers, and if I’d max-max’d her right now I would have 21 covers…

Yeah, ascension's a bit of a lottery. In this scenario you lose if you ascend before you get the dupe to about 290 at which point you start to get better rewards as a result. I've started to wait for that level unless I use them relatively routinely.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,995 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@rainkingucd said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Where was this announcement?

They never announced how they'd do this. I think it started with Moondragon, who very few people had ascended.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Now that Jubilee is live, do we know how many tiles get destroyed when she is downed?

Also, reward-related question. If you get retro rewards, then ascend, within the one-week window will they double dip you retro rewards for the ascended character?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited 2 May 2024, 13:53
    Options

the ascended retro rewards are just the 5* version's champ rewards. So if you were to wait and ascend right now, you'd have gotten whatever pre-ascension 4* retro rewards you would have earned and then you'd get these champ rewards. So had I ascended to 450 rather than 452, I would presumably have gotten 0 retro covers here. I'm not like pitchforks and torches mad, demanding a rollback or whatever, I would just prefer we not do it this way going forward.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 610 Critical Contributor
    Options

I have put in a ticket to CS and we will see what they say.

Putting this one week deadline in a stealth change is not acceptable to me.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:

Was it stealth? It was announced by sokun a while back. There was announcement and everything

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

@Codex said:

@St_Bernadus said:

Was it stealth? It was announced by sokun a while back. There was announcement and everything

where was it announced? There are no dedicated threads about this that I see.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited 2 May 2024, 14:17
    Options

This is the only thread on the topic I have been able to find from back in Feb. It does not outline this solution. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/89850/ascended-retro-rewards-policy/p2