New VIP Rewards Structure

1234568»

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,114 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    You think it's 40%?!?!?

We really need to get somebody over there to give us an actual answer!

Ha! I have no idea! I'm just saying thar if I was to give a figure based on my experience, it would be about 40%. It's 11/17 in my alliance (with about 3 or 4 of those having less than 3). We're currently T500 in The Hunt, 520 in Apoc and 2258th in the Human Torch PvP if that gives you an idea of how competitive we are so the % is likely to be the same or higher in the other 500 alliances. Less in the other 4000 alliances that are playing the Power Season.

So basically, I don't know. 🤣

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2023

The previous devs said that only 5 percent of all players have even a single champed 5 star. That was about 2 years ago. Probably more people have reached the 5 star tier since then as hoarding has become more popular and the new devs have been more generous with 5 star covers.

I would guess that its gone from like 5 percent of all players to 7 percent. Even if the number of 5 star players has doubled since then we're still only at 10 percent.

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor

@entrailbucket said:
    You think it's 40%?!?!?

In the meantime, feel free to tell Scofie that his experience is a "lie" too. ;)

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards

@BoyWonder1914 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    You think it's 40%?!?!?

In the meantime, feel free to tell Scofie that his experience is a "lie" too. ;)

It is. Hey, why haven't you gotten in a protracted fight with the player who said 2% and the other one who said 7%? Aren't those players deploying hyperbolic "strawmans" too?

• BoyWonder1914

@entrailbucket said:

@BoyWonder1914 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    You think it's 40%?!?!?

It is. Hey, why haven't you gotten in a protracted fight with the player who said 2% and the other one who said 7%? Aren't those players deploying hyperbolic "strawmans" too?

Those people didn't lash out and go on a tangent about how everyone else is lying about their personal experiences. Who tf do you think you are to tell people that?

• entrailbucket

@BoyWonder1914 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@BoyWonder1914 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    You think it's 40%?!?!?

Those people didn't lash out and go on a tangent about how everyone else is lying about their personal experiences. Who tf do you think you are to tell people that?

I don't know what your problem is, but I'm just going to put you on ignore now, and I'd suggest you do the same for me. Hopefully we'll find out the actual answer soon!

• BoyWonder1914

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    There are 10-15,000 currently active alliances, and tons of everyday players aren't even in an alliance.

If they aren't playing then the Devs will not even have data metrics on them!

They're active, they just haven't joined an alliance.

So where are the other 7000 Alliances then? If these casual players who are totally playing every day are not members of these missing Alliances exactly how many are we talking about here?!?!?!

I am definitely the one here who's overstating my own influence and overrepresenting players like me among the playerbase as a whole. I'm definitely the one who's out of touch, not the posters pretending that tens of thousands of everyday players don't exist or don't matter.

Ignoring and/or handwaving away the tens of thousands of everyday players at a significantly lower roster tier than you is a really common mistake. I've had 550 rosters tell me that they're barely in the top 20% of MPQ rosters. I've had 450 players tell me they're in the bottom 20%. Someone just the other day said that a bunch of 450s is "midgame."

The game is designed to keep you chasing, it's designed to keep you looking up and comparing yourself only to those ahead of you, not looking down at those you've passed by.

This is the same guy implying I'M the one with a problem, when this is your reaction to multiple players chiming in and implying that the 5-star roster base has grown. Which you doubled down on by straight up telling people that they're lying when they're just sharing their experiences. Ok dude.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor

@BoyWonder1914 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    There are 10-15,000 currently active alliances, and tons of everyday players aren't even in an alliance.

So where are the other 7000 Alliances then? If these casual players who are totally playing every day are not members of these missing Alliances exactly how many are we talking about here?!?!?!

I am definitely the one here who's overstating my own influence and overrepresenting players like me among the playerbase as a whole. I'm definitely the one who's out of touch, not the posters pretending that tens of thousands of everyday players don't exist or don't matter.

Ignoring and/or handwaving away the tens of thousands of everyday players at a significantly lower roster tier than you is a really common mistake. I've had 550 rosters tell me that they're barely in the top 20% of MPQ rosters. I've had 450 players tell me they're in the bottom 20%. Someone just the other day said that a bunch of 450s is "midgame."

The game is designed to keep you chasing, it's designed to keep you looking up and comparing yourself only to those ahead of you, not looking down at those you've passed by.

This is the same guy implying I'M the one with a problem, when this is your reaction to multiple players chiming in and implying that the 5-star roster base has grown. Which you doubled down on by straight up telling people that they're lying when they're just sharing their experiences. Ok dude.

He didn't say anyone was lying, he said most people are mistaken about how they perceive the game. That's exactly what we found out when the devs told us a few years ago that only 5 percent of all players have a single 5 star champed. I know myself and many 5 star players were overestimating how many 5 star players there were. The devs said that the vast majority of players are 3 star players and early 4 star players. Which explains why before the new devs started making new 3 star characters one of the most common comments on their Facebook posts was always "please start releasing new 3 star characters "

As an outside observer reading your back and forth, honestly you have sounded much more hostile than eb. None of his arguments have accused anyone of lying or have seemed especially angry. Yours on the other hand come off as very angry, as if his assertion that you are mistaken about how many 5 star players there are is some sort of attack on your character.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker

@BriMan2222 said:
    The previous devs said that only 5 percent of all players have even a single champed 5 star. That was about 2 years ago. Probably more people have reached the 5 star tier since then as hoarding has become more popular and the new devs have been more generous with 5 star covers.

I would guess that its gone from like 5 percent of all players to 7 percent. Even if the number of 5 star players has doubled since then we're still only at 10 percent.

The advantages to soft-capping have also mostly dried up now with much more variety being present in the 5* tier. I'd expect that would make some difference, though I know in less savvy circles (like Reddit) it stills comes up as a general recommendation.

• entrailbucket

I'm not sure that the number of softcappers was ever really that significant a percentage of the overall playerbase.

The fact is, it's much easier to get individual 5* covers now, but there's still no particular path for a casual player to get 13 of the same guy. If you look at lower-tier rosters now (and I do), you'll see a ton of 1, 2, maybe 3-cover 5*, but rarely anything more than that.

This is by design. The increase in 5* cover accessibility is meant to sell slots, and it does. But those lower-covered 5* are also super useful for lower-tier players, especially when they're boosted. Everybody wins!

• BoyWonder1914

@BriMan2222 said:

@BoyWonder1914 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

He didn't say anyone was lying, he said most people are mistaken about how they perceive the game. That's exactly what we found out when the devs told us a few years ago that only 5 percent of all players have a single 5 star champed. I know myself and many 5 star players were overestimating how many 5 star players there were. The devs said that the vast majority of players are 3 star players and early 4 star players. Which explains why before the new devs started making new 3 star characters one of the most common comments on their Facebook posts was always "please start releasing new 3 star characters "

As an outside observer reading your back and forth, honestly you have sounded much more hostile than eb. None of his arguments have accused anyone of lying or have seemed especially angry. Yours on the other hand come off as very angry, as if his assertion that you are mistaken about how many 5 star players there are is some sort of attack on your character.

He directly claimed that we make up such a small percentage of the player base that we don't matter to the devs, and when multiple people shared personal experiences that this doesn't align with their perception, he directly stated that our personal experience was a lie - an illusion because we're just so high up that we can't see anything beneath us. He doesn't speak for me, and I'm allowed to push back if I feel someone is trying to tell me that I'm misspeaking my own personal truth, or others are as well. The devs have done plenty to show that they care for ALL players, and there is plenty of evidence outside of people's own personal experiences to show that the 5* tier is more accessible - so it should follow that the player base would grow as well. Wasn't my intention to come off as hostile though, so I'll let this go.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2023

@entrailbucket said:
    I'm not sure that the number of softcappers was ever really that significant a percentage of the overall playerbase.

The fact is, it's much easier to get individual 5* covers now, but there's still no particular path for a casual player to get 13 of the same guy. If you look at lower-tier rosters now (and I do), you'll see a ton of 1, 2, maybe 3-cover 5*, but rarely anything more than that.

This is by design. The increase in 5* cover accessibility is meant to sell slots, and it does. But those lower-covered 5* are also super useful for lower-tier players, especially when they're boosted. Everybody wins!

When I was still at 4* but trying to compete as best as I could, I was rostering newest chars from LL for the 5Es. More often than not I'd try to get them to 1/1/1 just so I had access to all of their powers. I saw a lot of other similar players doing the same. Getting them "for free" now just makes that easier to accomplish and needing less draws to accomplish that means you can now save "extra" LL tokens and potentially unhoard properly for a good set.

I'm not saying this would have a huge effect or anything but it is still something to consider while we're all pulling numbers out of our rears, haha.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023

Let's stop for a moment here and question a bit the start point.
    Is it legit the number 5%, even from 2 years ago? You can have all data in the world, but if you don't know to interpretate it, you look at the numbers and the numbers look at you.
    Players having a totally covered 5* can't get it if they aren't playing for at the very least 1 year. Even 1 year would be too soon, for a really active player, very interested and taking good advices. 1 year playing and having 1 fully covered 5* would be something more befitting for an alt account, actually.
    Let's say a good number would be 2 years.
    There is the probability of champing a 5* using the milestones, too, and that falls under the same category as before: a really good advised player given that the game won't tell you to act this way.
    So, the good number would be players from 2 years. The % should take into account that (now tracking the right data has increased difficulty), and a highly doubt that the number 5% was taken having in mind these advanced thoughts, and more like they take it from with some luck the active players at the current time(even if they downloaded the game the
    day before)so I actually think former devs were totally wrong.
    It's similar as to say that there is a 10% of people on earth who know how to use a pencil, if you take into % account all the animals plants and insects on the planet.

Oh, and about softcappers, I think they are totally wrong too, but each one its own.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor

So each month's costume is the same for everyone? I got 3* KK No Normal costume. Is that what y'all got as well?

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 125 Tile Toppler

Yeah, I got the 3* Kamala Khan costume, too.