Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The 5% number was active players.

• entrailbucket
    Options

What do you guys think the number is? The percentage of active players that have at least one character of lvl450 or greater.

C'mon, let's get some predictions!

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    What do you guys think the number is? The percentage of active players that have at least one character of lvl450 or greater.

A true 13 cover 5*. I think 2-3%. but if we are talking active players (4 logins per week) then I think 60-70% have at least 3 5* with 1 cover and are using them in pvp/pve.

• entrailbucket
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Phumade said:

@entrailbucket said:

A true 13 cover 5*. I think 2-3%. but if we are talking active players (4 logins per week) then I think 60-70% have at least 3 5* with 1 cover and are using them in pvp/pve.

So you think it's less than I do! I said 5%! These other folks seem to think my number is FAR too low.

I wouldn't even try to estimate the number of players with a 1 cover 5*! I'd have no problem believing your guess though, based on what I've seen of lower players' rosters.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,955 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

So in my own casual alliance we have 10 members if you count me (I have lots of 13 cover 5* but my roster is softcapped) and one guy who has been inactive for 3 months (we kick non-active maybe once a season) otherwise we have 9 or 8 depending on how you want to count.

Alliance wise we finish T500 at best in both PvE and PvP events and often finish outside T1000.

My guess is among active players (played in last month) that we are talking north of 15% have a fully covered 5*.

KGB

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ask this question in April Q&A.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:

I did ask, in the last two. They didn't answer!

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@HoundofShadow said:

I did ask, in the last two. They didn't answer!

They definitely skip questions they have no interest in addressing. Bit of a shame.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What percentage of regular players have at least one character at lvl450 or above (and how much time do you spend thinking about those players' experience)?

This was the question you asked.

• entrailbucket
    Options

And they skipped it!

I'm pretty sure the second part of it would be something like "we strive to make sure everyone has a good experience!" but I was much more interested in the first part.

Really, the point of all this ranting is that the number is lower than anybody here's experience would indicate. When I heard it quoted the first time I didn't believe it. Even if it's 10 or 15%, think about the players you interact with. What percentage of the players you interact with (in game and out) are multi-champ 5* players?

There's a reason our problems tend to be considered lower priority, and it's because there just aren't as many of us.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So you went on this tangent trying to prove that everything you ever posted and will post in the future is completely irrelevant, did I get that right?
    Well played, sir.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I will say something really obvious but I'd say it's important here: time has passed by.
    Totally for sure that under demi control it was a 5%. But shards changed that, retro feeders and most importantly boss event: right now any interested player will get 5 covers for kang.
    As a player who skipped 4* tier with a not rebalanced kingping (one of the worst), I see this is a great time for interested newcomers. And I say interested because one interested, competitive player quickly will move to an active alliance able to get the cover.
    So I'd say the number of players with full covered 5*s, softcapped or not, at least has raised to 10%. This % is relative because everyday there are new players: just leave 2 empty slots and kick out casuals and you will see.
    And finally back on topic, I'm pretty amazed and I'd say that the % of additional rewards has been increased, yesterday I got it 5 times and one of them 100 hp. Not bad at all.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    So you went on this tangent trying to prove that everything you ever posted and will post in the future is completely irrelevant, did I get that right?
    Well played, sir.

First off, how dare you.

Second, you've known me for a pretty long time -- what about that statement do you find at all surprising?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just stating the obvious for newcomers!

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

Why not ask the devs about the percentage of people with 5* rosters in dev question forum ?and what on the world is ‘tapping’in mpq pls enlighten me

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@mani82 said:
    Why not ask the devs about the percentage of people with 5* rosters in dev question forum ?and what on the world is ‘tapping’in mpq pls enlighten me

It was a sub-set of MPQ players who began to time their clears in PvE with how long it took to fill up a bath from a standard medium pressure tap. The thing is it got out of hand. Some of them weren't satisfied with doing this just for bath end clears or even sinks, they started filling up other things. Buckets, bottles, shoes. It was out of control. The amount of water being wasted was obscene but the timing was so perfect it started squeezing other players out of placement. They didn't have baths only showers maybe or they had recycled all of their bottles and were at a disadvantage. A crack squad of MPQ veterans started threads on the Forums informing the Devs about how much water was being wasted (oh and also that they were getting pushed out of placement....not their primary concern OBVIOUSLY). This was an environmental concern and also a player health concern - it seemed that running taps that much wore down on the washers and they were starting to drip. Thankfully the Devs acted and they changed it so the timing between clears no longer synchronised with your average tap flow.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

The crack squad thingy got me there Daz hurt me laughing out ;thanks

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@mani82 said:

PVE nodes didn't used to go down to zero points, the lowest they would go down to is 1 point. So at the end of each sub the people who care about pve placement would hit the trivial node over and over and over for 1 point until the sub closed. If you cared about placement, basically you had to keep playing until the very end.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@mani82 said:

PVE nodes didn't used to go down to zero points, the lowest they would go down to is 1 point. So at the end of each sub the people who care about pve placement would hit the trivial node over and over and over for 1 point until the sub closed. If you cared about placement, basically you had to keep playing until the very end.

It's much, much worse than that.

You're right about the first thing, PvE nodes used to go down to a minimum of 1 point. What players would do was open the sub normally, then choose a trivial node, take it down to 1 point, and proceed to hit that one node thousands of times.

Normally grinding a node early puts you behind -- optimal play means waiting for it to regenerate as many points as possible. But players were hitting the node thousands of times over the 24hrs it was open, meaning that if you wanted to win a sub, you'd need to "tap" that node more times than they did.

It started off with just a few players willing to spend obscene amounts of time doing this to win, but by the end, if you wanted t25 you were committing to 12+ hours of continuous hits on a 1 point node. Some players were tapping the trivial node for nearly 24 straight hours.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@mani82 said:

It's much, much worse than that.

You're right about the first thing, PvE nodes used to go down to a minimum of 1 point. What players would do was open the sub normally, then choose a trivial node, take it down to 1 point, and proceed to hit that one node thousands of times.

Normally grinding a node early puts you behind -- optimal play means waiting for it to regenerate as many points as possible. But players were hitting the node thousands of times over the 24hrs it was open, meaning that if you wanted to win a sub, you'd need to "tap" that node more times than they did.

It started off with just a few players willing to spend obscene amounts of time doing this to win, but by the end, if you wanted t25 you were committing to 12+ hours of continuous hits on a 1 point node. Some players were tapping the trivial node for nearly 24 straight hours.

So many 3* players were affected the Devs just had to act.