New VIP Rewards Structure

Options

Comments

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 403 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Nightglider1 said:
    Your post says 2x Latest, but I only see one in the grid.

Looks like a typo in the description. There are a total of 2 Latest Legends tokens. 1 at purchase and 1 within the 28 days. Sorry for the mixup!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:
    I understand where @illusionist_KA is coming from.

He's looking for something he can't earn in a couple of days from playing the game. The costumes is an excellent example of that. So would be increasing the number of free healthpacks from 5 to 10. Maybe add in some unique UI features (more roster sorting options for example, a better pre-battle screen that showed which characters tanked what colors etc). Or how about doubling the daily resupply reward (so if you got 25 CP you'd get 50, if you got a 4* cover it would be 2 4* covers etc).

The rewards are OK for newer players (ie up to the end of 3* roster building) but after that don't offer much for advanced players. VIP should make you feel important in some way other wise you might as well just buy a Bugle pittance or other cheap HP bundle once a month.

KGB

Well, the way I see it, I can earn that stuff in a few days playing the game, plus get even more stuff if I pay $10/month. Every little bit helps.

I don't think they want to lock UI features behind a payment (that'd go over pretty badly, I bet). They're trying to strike a balance here between being completely pay to win and letting non-spenders compete.

(Personally, I think the game currently isn't pay to win enough -- spending doesn't provide nearly the advantage it used to, but most people aren't very receptive to that argument and I totally understand why.)

• Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    This should be free or cost at most $0.99.

I'm sure the Devs know what they are doing with these adjustments and have their metrics to back up their decision.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Beast1970 said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    This should be free or cost at most $0.99.

I'm sure the Devs know what they are doing with these adjustments and have their metrics to back up their decision.

I think he might have been sarcastically having a dig at the "greedy" players.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

We already have various deals that we can buy, and I get enough rewards from playing the game. I'd prefer if VIP did something else.

• Auto-complete DDQ: I already know my roster can be these nodes, just complete it for me. That'll save me 10mins a day.

• Increase Health Regen or additional Healthpacks: Last night, my MThor died so I went to bed, I wake up 7hrs later and she's still not full health. How does this "perk" help? Increase the Regen more or give us more healthpacks

• Remove Vault Token Animation: There is a ton of quality of life requests we've been asking for years. At this point, I am willing to fund this feature via VIP.

• Temporary Roster Slots: You want people to renew? Give us a free roster slot each month, then if we don't renew VIP, we lose our temp slots and you charge us for the cost to keep a permanent slot

• Support Tokens: They keep talking about this much change, then throw some support tokens in here!

There is so much more that can be done in VIP. While I appreciate the bump in rewards, it's just lazy compared to what they can actually do with this.

• Punisher5784
    edited April 2023
    Options

@hygge_hound said:
    I really don't understand people who just want the game to play itself for them. Why would this ever be a thing in a gem matching game?

Temporary roster slots seems like a wild idea that would have serious problems. What if someone doesn't have the HP to pay for the roster slots when their VIP expires? Does their card just get auto charged? Delete the characters in those slots??

Removing vault animations should definitely happen, and 100000% isn't something people should have to pay for. You're just going to annoy people unless they pay up? Like ads, but pointless.

But Support tokens, sure. They're usually just dupes anyhow, but why not. And I'm pretty sure faster health regen IS in the vip perks.

You're asking them to majorly redesign parts of the game (terrifying thought) when they haven't even updated the game loading screen.

It's just a few ideas. Sure, there are pros and cons, but the point is to think bigger with VIP than just increased rewards.

As for the remark about my Auto-DDQ idea, are you seriously enjoying playing this everyday? It's highly repetitive, more than PvE. Maybe if they added SCL so the nodes are bumped up a star level. I don't enjoy using 1/2* teams on 3 nodes, and skipping it is not a solution.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Temporary Roster slots would be a tricky VIP feature. If they took away the slot, what would happen to the covers contained? Would you get them back as covers? Lotta open issues to address

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I can see autoplay for DD. I frankly find most of the nodes to be monotonous having to use lower tier characters to fight the same bad guys every day. Eats up a lot of time that I'd rather spend on PvE or PvP.

Here are a couple of ideas that might make VIP more attractive.
    1. Autoplay select DD nodes
    2. Remember last teams used for PVP/PVE/each DD node
    3. Able to see how many people are in a slice before joining.
    4. Access to additional saved teams.
    5. Enhancement to progression awards for VIP (10% ISO/HP boost)
    6. Change token odds by some small percentage

It wouldn't have to be everything, but I expect more for $10/mo than just a couple days worth of resources.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

.99 cents could be a live market test too, you would need 11 new subscriptions compared to every existing subscription to make it more profitable. Seems like a stretch I know but volume could be much, much higher at that price point than $10. I know I started VIP after a long stretch of not purchasing for this deal.

I think they really needed to advertise it much more and clearer though if that was their plan. One pop-up in-game probably won't garner enough attention.

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

As for the remark about my Auto-DDQ idea, are you seriously enjoying playing this everyday? It's highly repetitive, more than PvE. Maybe if they added SCL so the nodes are bumped up a star level. I don't enjoy using 1/2* teams on 3 nodes, and skipping it is not a solution.

Lol, why would I be still playing if I didn't enjoy it? If you dislike actually playing the game, not to be totally predictable, but maybe find a new game that you do enjoy playing?

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options

@hygge_hound said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Lol, why would I be still playing if I didn't enjoy it? If you dislike actually playing the game, not to be totally predictable, but maybe find a new game that you do enjoy playing?

Not his point - once you've moved to the more intermediate/advanced level of the game, having to use 1 and 2-star characters becomes a chore. They haven't made new ones in god knows how long and aren't going to, so it's also the same 1 and 2-star characters. You can at least try new combos at the 3-star level.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

Good news -- you can skip the 1* and 2* fights on the left side! They only reward a small amount of iso. You get all the DDQ progression rewards without doing those two.

• Punisher5784
    edited April 2023
    Options

@hygge_hound said:

@Punisher5784 said:

I'm referring specifically to DDQ, not the game overall. I enjoy the game, I don't enjoy being forced to using 1/2 characters. Idk how many times I need to repeat this. We have SCL, it should be utilized for DDQ.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Zalasta said:
    I can see autoplay for DD. I frankly find most of the nodes to be monotonous having to use lower tier characters to fight the same bad guys every day. Eats up a lot of time that I'd rather spend on PvE or PvP.

It wouldn't have to be everything, but I expect more for $10/mo than just a couple days worth of resources.

2, 3 and 4 need to be UI improvements for the whole game, not features you pay for.
    5 and 6 take way too much coding effort with the potential to break a lot of things.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I did VIP for a long, long time.
    The aditional rewards completing missions really are welcomed (cps, iso, etc).
    I've just got 10 hp as aditional reward for beating a node after buying this discounted VIP (it uses to appear at least 2 times per day).
    Not all players could win these rewards in a few days, keep in mind that.
    Now I will confess that I was lazy enough for not doing the second crash in monday, so I enjoyed the trick: there are 2 Jeff 5s and 1 3 all at the same level, and the good thing is you could pick whoever 3 characters. Obviously I picked 3 5s and I saw really not much about Jeff but I guess it was my choice.
    Well, it would be nice if VIP allowed to pick 5
    s if not on COTT, at least on the 1 and 2 nodes. Not really an autocomplete but a distinct membership perk.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,955 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Zalasta said:

2, 3 and 4 need to be UI improvements for the whole game, not features you pay for.

3 provides a leg up on things winning wise so I understand that.

But 2 and 4 don't give any advantage to winning so why can't they be gated behind VIP? In the same manner that other features like 'open X LT tokens' where you specify X or 'open vault tokens until you pull Y' aren't winning advantages so again they make excellent VIP features. Or more ways to sort your roster and so on.

VIP pretty much anywhere in real life grants access to things that non-VIP don't get. For example when I am VIP with my airline I get early boarding, seat upgrades, no cost ticket changes, access to the VIP lounge at the airport and so on. None of that gets me to the destination any faster (equivalent of winning in MPQ) but it makes the ride a whole lot nicer.

KGB

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@KGB said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Zalasta said:

3 provides a leg up on things winning wise so I understand that.

But 2 and 4 don't give any advantage to winning so why can't they be gated behind VIP? In the same manner that other features like 'open X LT tokens' where you specify X or 'open vault tokens until you pull Y' aren't winning advantages so again they make excellent VIP features. Or more ways to sort your roster and so on.

VIP pretty much anywhere in real life grants access to things that non-VIP don't get. For example when I am VIP with my airline I get early boarding, seat upgrades, no cost ticket changes, access to the VIP lounge at the airport and so on. None of that gets me to the destination any faster (equivalent of winning in MPQ) but it makes the ride a whole lot nicer.

KGB

More saved teams = faster speed in pve and pvp.
    Same for remembering your last used team.
    Both of these very much give an advantage to winning.

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

More saved teams = faster speed in pve and pvp.
    Same for remembering your last used team.
    Both of these very much give an advantage to winning.

I'd have to disagree there - I don't believe helping queue up the match faster directly translates to winning, as there's still a human element to "speed" once the match actually begins. It could also theoretically be argued that having more saved teams to comb through might actually slow someone down as opposed to only having 3 or 4.