New VIP Rewards Structure

Options

Comments

• Weirdnerd2009
    Weirdnerd2009 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options

2 questions about the costume:
    1:If you buy VIP twice in one month, will you be granted 500hp for the costume?
    2:If you have VIP when the month changes, will you be granted the new costume, or will you have to purchase VIP again?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Possibly I am not understanding but I don't think you can buy the same VIP twice in one month? By that I mean each 28 day period is a separate purchase and you will presumably get a random costume assigned if your previous subscription expires and you start your new one (for example - purchase on 1st of month, renew on 30th of month)

VIP isn't calendar based as much as it is for a fixed period of days.

If you mean something else then apologies and please disregard.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

Costumes won't be randomized - they'll just rotate.
    I'm assuming it works as always - if you already have the costume, you get HP.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Yeah sorry, wrong R word used!

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

I imagine the 1-dollar offer is a one-time thing ? 😚

• Bowgentle
    Options

No Blix, I'm sure they'll keep selling 100k iso and 3 pulls for 1 buck going forward.
    Any day now.

• Bowgentle
    Options

I like the classic token.
    I'd never pull from classics with cp, but this is nice.

• DAZ0273
    Options

We have some proper gaps in things like SHIELD Sim, PvP progression and Season rewards - any reason we couldn't have a Classic Token in there?

• Bowgentle
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hopefully that'll will come with their alleged revision of the whole reward structure.
    A classic at 1100/35 wins would be cool.
    Although I'd also take 25 5* shards there.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    If anyone was curious about the reward differences, here are the new totals and the increase from the old awards in parentheses (decrease in the case of heroics):

1 Classic Legends Token (+1)

2 Latest Legends Tokens (+1)

2 Heroic Tokens (-4)

2 Mighty Tokens (+2)

2 Elite Tokens (+2)
    1000 HP (+300)

100k Iso (+90k)

20 CP (+11)

Pretty dang good honestly.

Shouldn't it be "2 Latest Legends Tokens (No Change)"? Currently, you get one on renewal/purchase and then one halfway through. So there is two in the old way and two in the new way.

I could be wrong but that's how I think it happens today.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Yeah - looks like it is 2 LT including the one you get on signing up. At least that is what my reward scroll shows me.

• VALACK
    VALACK Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options

when is this start?

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Alas, I renewed my VIP on Thursday, two days before the deal and the increased rewards. If I had only known!

Hopefully they'll run the deal for 28 days...

• illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    VIP is $10 for 2 LTs. That's still the cheapest possible way to convert cash to a token, and I don't believe they've broken that with any of the cash offers yet. Do the math on what a stark buyclub gets you for $100.

Now they've upgraded it to 3 LTs, plus a Classic token. It's the best deal in the game if you're willing to spend money. If you're not willing to spend money, then I guess everything is a terrible deal, so why complain about the best one?

don't get me wrong it's not about spending money. my statement is that, the items in VIP is not worth what they (devs) are producing. We can earn the same amount in a few days and not spend anything. This is not about stark or anything else. Pulling stark is about the HP, not really the CP. that's secondary. I'll pay the .99 for VIP, but not more. If i can earn the samething, i'm not paying for it. It's about the reward upfront and not over time.

there is current bundle for 120ish, that offers LT, CT, CP, ISO and 5* shards. VIP needs to keep with something that does that. it needs to entice. throwing 500iso (which is a few pvp matches) is not enticing, or LT in DDQ. I'm just saying it's not enough. Just like the stingy rewards for PVP, which hasn't seen an update in years.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@illusionist_KA said:

@entrailbucket said:
    VIP is $10 for 2 LTs. That's still the cheapest possible way to convert cash to a token, and I don't believe they've broken that with any of the cash offers yet. Do the math on what a stark buyclub gets you for $100.

Now they've upgraded it to 3 LTs, plus a Classic token. It's the best deal in the game if you're willing to spend money. If you're not willing to spend money, then I guess everything is a terrible deal, so why complain about the best one?

don't get me wrong it's not about spending money. my statement is that, the items in VIP is not worth what they (devs) are producing. We can earn the same amount in a few days and not spend anything. This is not about stark or anything else. Pulling stark is about the HP, not really the CP. that's secondary. I'll pay the .99 for VIP, but not more. If i can earn the samething, i'm not paying for it. It's about the reward upfront and not over time.

there is current bundle for 120ish, that offers LT, CT, CP, ISO and 5* shards. VIP needs to keep with something that does that. it needs to entice. throwing 500iso (which is a few pvp matches) is not enticing, or LT in DDQ. I'm just saying it's not enough. Just like the stingy rewards for PVP, which hasn't seen an update in years.

You're talking about a full redo of the in-game economy/reward to dollar valuation at that point. It's possible, I guess, and maybe it's overdue because they've gotten SO much more generous with free rewards...I just don't know how likely it is.

I'd also point out that increasing rewards across the board, or lowering prices massively across the board, will create a faster rate of roster inflation. If you get more stuff it means everyone gets more stuff, and that may or may not be desirable depending where you sit.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I understand where @illusionist_KA is coming from.

He's looking for something he can't earn in a couple of days from playing the game. The costumes is an excellent example of that. So would be increasing the number of free healthpacks from 5 to 10. Maybe add in some unique UI features (more roster sorting options for example, a better pre-battle screen that showed which characters tanked what colors etc). Or how about doubling the daily resupply reward (so if you got 25 CP you'd get 50, if you got a 4* cover it would be 2 4* covers etc).

The rewards are OK for newer players (ie up to the end of 3* roster building) but after that don't offer much for advanced players. VIP should make you feel important in some way other wise you might as well just buy a Bugle pittance or other cheap HP bundle once a month.

KGB

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

@KGB said:
    Awesome to see that you implemented my suggestion of rotating in a costume every month. I initially bought VIP when the 3* Deadpool costume was given out for becoming a VIP. Ideally we know the costume each month so those that are targeting a specific costume can purchase VIP when the costume is one they want.

Since the change is official I'll say this now. Personally, I would've been thrilled if only a monthly costume was added and the rewards were left alone. I buy every costume for sale that I don't have, except those lame pixelated ones, so it's instant savings for me in that regard which is always welcomed.

So I'm pretty happy about it to say the least, and getting a huge boost to the rewards is icing on the cake.

• CoxLargo
    CoxLargo Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options

I liked the update in vip rewards

lets hope they bring the cost down

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

@Weirdnerd2009 said:
    2 questions about the costume:
    1:If you buy VIP twice in one month, will you be granted 500hp for the costume?

I went ahead and did the $1 vip yesterday. Got a KK costume that I already have. I got the HP for it. Which adds a not-inconsiderable value to the VIP tbh.

I have most costumes already... but am still excited for costumes to be included in VIP for whatever dumb reason. (Just, retire these now-tired 8-bit costumes. It's an old joke now and seems very cash-grabby. Give us zombie costumes dangit!)