Character Rebalance - 5* Wasp (Hope Van Dyne) (Live 2/16)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have enough shards to fully cover her now. What is the best build for this winfinite?

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:
    Please notice that it's not the same 100k than 200k, also a CN node everyone has a bit more 200k.
    If you haven't tried a CN with this combo(and you claim in your thread that not), then probably you should'nt say " then you did something wrong ".

I have. I’ve done it. It’s easy.

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2023
    Options

@Punisher5784

Let me check the stats...

TLDR 5/x/x

5 Blue for bigger AP drain on Sting Operation. Yellow is not fired for this and even if, it's healing do not scale with more covers. Black's Grow's damage does not change. Personally, cause I do not use Shrink Tactics that much, 5/3/5 just for increased Pain Index damage on black.

@Tiger_Wong
    Ty for confirmation.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The definition of winfinite means that the opponent never gets another turn, which means they can't deal any damage unless they are Dr Strange. Just because I didn't post the full video doesn't mean I lost the match. Again, read the definition of "winfinite". My black ap didn't get reduced and I would be dealing 30k damage per second once they fix Wasp.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    The definition of winfinite means that the opponent never gets another turn, which means they can't deal any damage unless they are Dr Strange*. Just because I didn't post the full video doesn't mean I lost the match. Again, read the definition of "winfinite". My black ap didn't get reduced and I would be dealing 30k damage per second once they fix Wasp.

5* Elektra if she has her trap tiles out?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

"Winfinite" referred to a specific team (2* Magneto/Mystique) at a time in the game when there were no other infinite teams (we'd just lost 3* Magneto, who was a 1-man infinite machine).

This was a time when combos all got cool names based on what they did, instead of nonsense babytalk combinations of the characters' names (like Thorkoye and Brolaris).

I think it's a bit silly to call a team "a winfinite" when you're just describing a team that can "go infinite." It's a difference of one letter. "Going infinite" means the enemy never gets another turn.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Can Wasp achieve this against Chasm?

• Mr_F
    edited February 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Can Wasp achieve this against Chasm?

Gave myself a try. Failed miserable. Whatever Blue Deathlock will give us, Chasm will strip away. And "bug squash". Insane luck needed for blue or 24 yellow. You have to survive 6 turns then. The only time I have won was when Chasm and iShulkie were under Emma's purple.

• Mr_F
    edited February 2023
    Options

Doing some test runs. 15 Swarm Tiles seems bugged... Wasn't 12 max? Damage is 11 020 at with that much tikes it should be 16 530. There is more bugs there it seems. It looks like when you have less than 12 and fire power which creates 2+, then the 12 seems to be exceeded. And damage formula is somehow tied to ability costs. Am i right, @IceIX @S0kun?

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Were Wasp’s numbers ever updated? My Swarm says it does 7472 AOE at 460 which is lower than advertised here at 450.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    Were Wasp’s numbers ever updated? My Swarm says it does 7472 AOE at 460 which is lower than advertised here at 450.

Maybe? But not as advertised in the original post.

She's buggy, imo.
    There's Blue Swarm damage, there's Black Swarm damage (seems it doesn't count swarm tiles for damage or just 4 of them?), there's Yellow Swarm healing (doesn't heal allies, just Wasp).

Btw, Ant-Man seems buggy to me too...

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

All of the numbers are lower than advertised. So I’m going with the in game numbers for my writeup.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

It's all bugged and I've filed bug report. All her AoEs (second power) have the same damage from 1 to 5 cover.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Have they ever acknowledged that this is bugged/that the numbers are off? It's been awhile now, is it possible that the descriptions in the post are wrong and this is how she's meant to be?

• DAZ0273
    Options

"Stop trying to make 5* Wasp happen. It's not going to happen." - Regina George

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023
    Options

Wasp is a type of bug, and she remains bugged till date.

I've taken video of her clearing 4 wave nodes, which took me 2 minutes 36 seconds, in her current bugged state. If the dev finally do something to fix her AoE damage, I would have cleared the nodes 2.74 times faster, or in 57 seconds.