Character Rebalance - 5* Wasp (Hope Van Dyne) (Live 2/16)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Invisibility overrrides stun, just in case some other players don't know about this. With that said, this is the first time I've seen a rework that is implemented halfway due to some bug, and it has not been updated yet.

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

She’s been updated, she’s still awful but with higher health

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 715 Critical Contributor
    Options

Can confirm. Health and match damage went up for about ~30,8%. Will give my insights when I will do some more testings.

• HoundofShadow
    edited February 2023
    Options

I've tested her fully buffed version and infinite AoE is possible. It takes 1 second to spam her AoE and there isn't any lag in between firing of her black AoE. However, damage is as high as the number of black and blue tiles on the board, up to 12. She's good against goons who can ramp up aps quickly and she should be good in wave nodes. All you need to do is to keep pressing her black power until the waves are over. The highest number of Swarm tiles I had on the board was 8. Her black AoE damage was pretty low though, at ~8k.

• Mr_F
    Options

@HoundofShadow Do you have video/can make one?

• HoundofShadow
    edited February 2023
    Options

It seems like they nerfed all of Wasp's AoE damage for some reasons. I remember she could deal ~30k damage from her black AoE with 12 Swarm tiles. Her black AoE damage has been reduced by more than 50%. :'(

I'll post a video once I can figure out a better way to fire her infinite AoE. If not, I'll post the one I used.

Edit: it seems like her power is bugged. I'd 13 Swarm tiles on the board when the max is 12. When this happened, her black AoE damage is capped at 7-8 Swarm tiles.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ImXErDKBbJM&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

@Mr_F
    Here's a video with all her powers used. :)

Haven't had the time to analyze it in detail, but her Grow the Swarm works better than I had expected from reading the description (I thought only 1 swarm tile would be added, and just black AP generation would increase with more tiles out).

• Mr_F
    Options

@Kolence Interesting team. I forgot about Shuri and her red power.

Damage looks ok and the fact we can do some CN with Wasp is nice, which was not possible before without much luck.

• Rod5
    Options

@Kolence said:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=ImXErDKBbJM&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

@Mr_F
    Here's a video with all her powers used. :)

Haven't had the time to analyze it in detail, but her Grow the Swarm works better than I had expected from reading the description (I thought only 1 swarm tile would be added, and just black AP generation would increase with more tiles out).

I admire your patience, 5 minutes to finish a node of non-tile movers is not a viable team in anyone’s money though.

The video I’d really like to see is how she defeats Chasm/Hulk in pick-2.

• Mr_F
    edited February 2023
    Options

@Rod5 said:

The video I’d really like to see is how she defeats Chasm/Hulk in pick-2.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! You really are forcing me to use Polish proverb "Are You mocking me or asking for directions? here". Even with all my love towards Wasp, I can not say that it is reasonably possible. Kolence's video just proves that we can do CN with her now, not that it is a fast option. Or viable in some eyes.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

When she's boosted, I'll try it. Pretty sure she can get it done now at lvl650+.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Her powers are still bugged. Someone notify the dev of her black power dealing only ~1k per Swarm instead of ~2.4k damage, as stated in this thread. Her blue AoE is also dealing lesser damage. And I've created 14 or 15 Swarm tiles and the max is supposed to be 12.

• Rod5
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    When she's boosted, I'll try it. Pretty sure she can get it done now at lvl650+.

Haha lol - ok so the dude with the biggest Wa5p in the game may manage it. I’ll hold my breath for the rest of us 🤣

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh haha, I thought you were issuing a challenge! Yeah, everyone else is screwed.

I still don't get why these buffs aren't coordinated to boost weeks. Wasp + 100lvls is probably just fine.

• Rod5
    Options

I ended up with a not small Wa5p due to chasing Okoye - lvl 493, but I wouldn’t back her to win any match. Maybe seeds. At least now she’s marginally safer to grill with.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Here's the video of infinite AoE and you don't need to use support at all. There are two or three variations of this infinite AoE I've tested. Aim for 8 or 9 black aps before firing power cost reduction powers.

https://streamable.com/iueatm

Let's ask the dev to fix her AoE damage and bugs and hopefully more people will change their mind. I've already proven that her infinite AoE exists and you don't need 5 minute matches.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Here's the video of infinite AoE and you don't need to use support at all. There are two or three variations of this infinite AoE I've tested. Aim for 8 or 9 black aps before firing power cost reduction powers.

https://streamable.com/iueatm

Let's ask the dev to fix her AoE damage and bugs and hopefully more people will change their mind. I've already proven that her infinite AoE exists and you don't need 5 minute matches.

I watched the video but didn't see an end to it. The video stops before all three are downed. How long did it take to down all three of them?

• HoundofShadow
    edited February 2023
    Options

232k/8.6k = 27 times or ~30 seconds.
    It takes about 1min 20 seconds.

If you read the black aoe damage in the post, it should be dealing at least 2471 x 12 = 29, 772 damage but it's dealing only 8.6k. If it deals 29, 772 damage instead, it will take another 8 times or 10 seconds. Imagine dealing 30k AoE every second, you should clear 3 or 4 wave nodes as fast as 550 Hulkoye.

And I used zero support in this video.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just to clarify things, kolence's video wasn't a CN, instead a really easy final node in scl10.
    And second, to fire 27 times a power? Am I reading right this incredible achievement?
    Probably I should start pulling for Kang and not stopping until I champed wasp, getting the 9 covers I need! :D

• HoundofShadow
    edited February 2023
    Options

If you read properly, you would've noticed that the damage is still bugged and my theme for 5* Wasp is infinite AoE. If I could use this buffed trash tier character to clear 3 or 4 turn wave nodes faster than SC or Hulkoye or clear those wave nodes as fast as them, I think it's a good achievement.